List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

He will, but not until around 2028. The rate of growth as Sidey pointed out isn’t quite 20% under the remainder of the CBA, but a more modest 14.4% post 2024.

Between now and then it’s the total $ increase that provides the biggest change. The extra $2.6m will be a massive shot in the arm for top end wages with base payments only jumping $25k across the same timeline.
Although it depends on how his increase is calculated.
For instance, when he signed his contract, he may have made up 10% of the cap at the time and so built in 10% of the increase? Not saying that is the case, but could be any formula used other than simple across the board indexation.

They think they could build his tank up.. I guess to be more of a mid? I don't know all the details. But the fact he didn't sign a new contract at the start of the year when Fin did, whether thats concerning or not I'm not sure.

But suppose hard to get a contract atm when wright is out of the country.
I'm sure there are other people at the club who can get contracts sorted out without Wright being physically there. Wasn't that why his job was split between so many other people whilst he was away?

Why would Dee's think they can improve Reef's tank better than we could? Where's the evidence of that? Have they not noticed some of their own players who look a bit slow, puffed & chubby?

I'm sure there are other people at the club who can get contracts sorted out without Wright being physically there. Wasn't that why his job was split between so many other people whilst he was away?

Why would Dee's think they can improve Reef's tank better than we could? Where's the evidence of that? Have they not noticed some of their own players who look a bit slow, puffed & chubby?
Yeah, but we haven't done any contracts since he left and have a lot of players off contract come end of the year.

I agree. I don't think they could do any better job given the state of their list.
He just needs to shadow Lippa in the off season.
His last vfl game playing midfield was pretty good, so I would think the club would find that promising.

He could end up doing 30/70 mid forward like Elliott used to.

Yeah, but we haven't done any contracts since he left and have a lot of players off contract come end of the year.

I agree. I don't think they could do any better job given the state of their list.
He just needs to shadow Lippa in the off season.
His last vfl game playing midfield was pretty good, so I would think the club would find that promising.

He could end up doing 30/70 mid forward like Elliott used to.
I hope we don't lose him. He's still so young & has so much potential.

I hope we don't lose him. He's still so young & has so much potential.
I agree. Hopefully not. Given our aging list, we need to keep these young players we have developed.
Out of the OOC players, he's one of the more important younger players.
Build his tank and he could be anything.

He's been in the pies system since he was 15, so I would hope he has a little faith and patience.

Last edited:

b2b20c03e5f805e62b09f217fab7f1e9

How much do players get paid?
Great article that speaks about the history of player payments and provides facts, graphs and analysis regarding how all 18 clubs distribute the salary cap.

ABC Salary Cap Article

You guys have already paid to get through the paywall via your PAYG tax. 🙂

Reef is a weird one because i dont think we have scratched the surface on him as a player as both a mid and a fwd. It could be worth his long term development to play as a mid in VFL.
Macrae needs another 15-20 games of consistent AFL. I dont think we can give it to him.
I posted this last year, should be being played as a midfielder every week.
Not needed as a forward due to his size.

Yeah between Cripps, Walsh, McKay, Curnow, De Koning and Weiteting I think that’s about right. It’s also why they’ll shed players over time such as Martin, Kennedy and Williams plus why a guy like Hollands was on such a nothing contract this year.

Mitch McGovern might be on a highly inflated salary too. I recall hearing a substantial figure when he was traded to Carlton at the end of 2018. Of course I was happy to think that Carlton were being ripped off, but I may be wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch McGovern might be on a highly inflated salary too. I recall hearing a substantial figure when he was traded to Carlton at the end of 2018. Of course I was happy to think that Carlton were being ripped off, but I may be wrong.
Yeah he’s another they might sacrifice as the likes of Hollands x2 and De Koning demand significant pay increases. The other two on good coin that I think they’d prioritise keeping are Saad and Cerra. They’ve managed their cap well, IMO, on the basis of when the higher paid lesser impact guys are dropping off the books. Williams is probably the only mistake they’ve made (I don’t think Martin was a bad move considering where they were at the time).

Highly inflated at the time probably isn't highly inflated now

His massive contract ended in 2023. They reportedly extended him last year when players were reportedly taking unders to stay. That being said he would still be on $$$

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

And 4 opposed to Moore in the 1st. Perhaps you’d prefer me to reference the 4 from McKay, Hogan and McDonald. Big forwards have got us regularly the past two years.
So 4 goals is a bag now for a key forward?

Hogan and McDonald where the first 2 games of the year where we got thrashed through the midfield. I'm pretty sure he didn't play exclusively on Hogan anyway.

He didn't play on McKay at all. He played on Curnow who kicked 2 and soundly beat him.

Also, go have a look at the 4 goals Larkey kicked in that first quarter. Superman couldn't have stopped 3 of them and the only one he had any chance whatsoever of stopping was the controversial one Larkey took on the goal line when the post got in the way.

I think it was sr36 that highlighted early last year, but he’s got quick feet unlike Sullivan so he can get out of traffic quickly to find space for teammates. The two downers I have on him and why I was ok in letting him leave is the incessant need to take on options that are way above his skill set (the dude thinks he’s a Daicos by foot at times) and his propensity to get injured at crucial times.
He gets injured a lot during finals
And he gives the ball back to opposition
I’m hoping he does this again against us in September

Isaac Cummings, Cameron Zurhaar and Logan McDonald. The first two could be gettable and would improve us immediately

How do you know that there isnt action going on quietly behind the scenes that no journos know about
Case in point, Shoota, there was no remote instance of him coming to the Pies at any point last year until right at the end of the trade period, it was a shock to see he was gonna come here. We might have another one of those deals to come maybe, who knows

With an elite back line, you're halfway to a flag in any year. If we're trading picks, I want Barrass. Moves Moore to the Tom Stewart pure intercept and rebound role, and should Howe play on, lessens his load and we can play him as an attacking half back or third tall forward.
Barass has already publicly said he’s staying at WC so no point in persisting with that pipe dream.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back