List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I missed Eyre as well, but I know he's untried.
Yeah, he's got real potential as we saw yesterday. Could be a real swingman. Showing he is capable up forward just as down back

I do think Steene/ Smit is the way forward, unless they think they can re-make Begg into a key position.
All very speculative. I wouldn't factor any of them into other list decisions, except to not pick up another speculative ruck at the moment. None of them are likely to be AFL relevant next year and may never be.

Last edited:
Yeah, he's got real potential as we saw yesterday. Could be a real swingman. Showing he is capable up forward just as down back

I would be rapt if he proved capable of even one of those at AFL level.

All very speculative. I wouldn't factor any of them into other list decisions, except to not pick up another speculative ruck at the moment. None of them are likely to be AFL relevant next year and may never be.
We’ll pick up one more, but it will be Condon on the cat B list. Begg is gone.

Agreed, but on quite limited exposed VFL form I think Smit is a tier above the others as a ruck prospect

Assuming we are all in for one last crack before the retirements of some of our older guys, I can appreciate our reported interest in Barrass.

Having him as our primary key defender next year would improve our side immensely. Probably more than any other player, barring an elite key forward (Cameron, Curnow etc).

The fact that he will be 29+ years of age is a major concern though. Especially since it would definitely cost us our future first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to mould him into a footballer first
Lack of true Ruckmen, and in particular due to injury has forced him to play the position to the exclusion of development in more suitable roles.
He is unique in speed, agility and aggression for his size - not sure you cut a tall with these attributes before exploring other positional options.

Last edited:
Lack of true Ruckmen, and in particular due to injury has forced him to play the position to the exclusion of development in more suitable roles.
He is unique in speed, agility and aggression for his size - not sure you cut a tall with this attributes before exploring other positional options.
I've always been a fan. I'd try him in the midfield or even wing

Max King? Garbage start to his career - can’t help but feel discounted price with Fly to get the best out of him vs Lyon. Lyon’s style sure ain’t for everyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back