List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not overly excited about signing Keane, but think he's a good fit for our system. Has the pace and mobility and can play the Murphy role as a glue defender. Frampton has never really worked as anything but a fill in as a defender.

Because Keane, unlike Frampton, fits our defensive system he's one that could surprise and perform better than expected.

Definitely good for our list profile to add a 24 year old taller defender.
Straight swap, Keane for Frampton???

But, and hear me out here, we could have won more than one without this debacle. Thereā€™s zero denying that this hurt us.
Absolutely, if Beams doesn't do his hip in June 2019 we march all the way to the GF and maybe win the thing.

Just didn't screw over the club for 5 years.

Itā€™s so good for a change where we can be in a position of negotiating strength with a contracted player.
Fly pretty much saying it as it is with Noble
I expect it to be done as we arenā€™t really a club that holds players who want to go but at the same time we will get a good return for him based on this above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Josh Battle, he is a good player but would we really want him to be our second-highest-paid player? I am guessing Nick would the highest though not sure what he signed on for in the end. I don't think we would rock the boat like that except for an A-grader.

On Josh Battle, he is a good player but would we really want him to be our second-highest-paid player? I am guessing Nick would the highest though not sure what he signed on for in the end. I don't think we would rock the boat like that except for an A-grader.
Nickā€™s dad said the boys signed for well south of a million each.

Or future first and this yearā€™s second rounder from Hawthorn or the second rounder from the Gold Coast weā€™re getting for Noble? Take all his wage but backload it after 2025 because itā€™s likely Pendles, Howe, Sidey and Mitchell will all be off the books by 2026 plus weā€™ll no longer be contributing to Treloarā€™s salary
Could you put that in a chart please?

Yeah I remember he told them both leave something on the table.

Better to take a bit less and play in a better team with higher calibre teammates and win premierships.

Heā€™s a good man, that Pete.
And if youā€™re absolute best player signs for under it puts a bit of pressure on everyone else to buy in and do the same. The end result can be having cash to spare to poach gun players to help win a flag. Hopefully we make this the norm now

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back