List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
By my estimation we traded Kennedy for Aprox pick 35(522)which combined with the 32 (584)for seeds man is around pick 17-18(1106) for Howe. That's prob fair... Not a great deal. Not a poor deal but improves our list

We were never going to get Howe for Kennedy as a straight swap, Melbourne would have most likely wanted Kennedy and our 2nd round pick 26. Seedsman got us pick 32. Effectively trading Kennedy + Seedsman + Pick 26 for Howe + Pick 32

Getting Howe for Seedsman + Kennedy is a marginal improvement on the above outcome. Added to that is pick 68 which is neither here nor there.

This trade is all about players who were shithouse at their previous club, and another (Howe) who was disappointing. It's hardly a mega trade and we got the best player out of it and offloaded 2 not up to it so win for me.

port the winner at our expense on first glance

The real loser in this trade is Melbourne they have lost one of their best crowd drawing players and a top four draftee for Kennedy and a second and third rounder in a light draft. We get Howe. Every player in that trade is going to a club where they would currently be looked at as fringe with potential - risk for all clubs except I think we got the guy with the x factor.

Pick 26/27 combo. Pick 26 or 27 along with future 2nd rounder.

I prefer trading the future 2nd as it would leave us with 1 x top 30 pick this year.

WE CAN'T TRADE NEXT YEARS SECOND OR THIRD ROUND PICK IF WE TRADE OUR FIRST ROUND AS WELL.

So that leaves us with 7, 26, 44, 62, 68

Still have Freeman to go out (for possibly future 2nd) and possibly 27 from GWS to come in.

So potentially we will still have 3 X 2nd round picks to deal for Aish. 26,27 & StKildas pick. Can we on-trade the pick we get from the Saints so we still have at least 1 2nd round pick this year?

No. Seedsman + BK for Howe + 68.

We never technically had 32.

I'd say 68 is an extra pick we will throw in on Treloar deal.

So that leaves us with 7, 26, 44, 62, 68

Still have Freeman to go out (for possibly future 2nd) and possibly 27 from GWS to come in.

So if we're saying that 7, 62 and our first rounder next year are going out and maybe pick 27 from the giants coming in, that gives us 26 and 27 to get the Aish trade done. And if we acquiesce to the Brions demands for two second rounders, we'll enter the draft at pick 44?

Interesting times ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only team to do well out of that trade on face value is Adelaide IMO, which is not surprising given the quality of the players exchanged was incredibly low. I'm not too fussed though as long as Howe proves me and other doubters wrong and is consistently best 22 for a number of years. If he manages that it's completely fair. Seedsman isn't worth more than pick 30 and Kennedy would be lucky to be worth more than 35.
Port say Hi - 3 pick downgrade in latish 2nd round has allowed them to use two junk picks to acquire an original pick 4. Port could unlock the potential that Dees couldn't.

So if we're saying that 7, 62 and our first rounder next year are going out and maybe pick 27 from the giants coming in, that gives us 26 and 27 to get the Aish trade done. And if we acquiesce to the Brions demands for two second rounders, we'll enter the draft at pick 44?

Interesting times ahead.

We'll probably get a 2nd rounder off St Kilda for Freeman that'll get us in the draft earlier. Unless they give us next year's 2nd rounder then you'd be correct

If we trade 1 x 2015 2nd rounder and the Saints future 2nd (for Freeman) for Aish then we will retain one pick in the 20s this year. You might still get your boys with that.
To me this sounds like the ideal scenario.

Port seemed to have underpaid

They did bloody well out of that. The Toump may have looked like a steaming pile of dung at Melbourne, but the kid's got game. I smell a Polec like result for Port here.

If Hine upgrades Gault he has lost the plot.
Mate between your premature criticism of our trading/list replenishment and Dave's impatience about everything else it's driving me nuts.
Wait until it's all done, the trading & the delisted free agents, then make a comment.
Inb4 someone says put you on ignore; occasionally I like your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back