List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2.25pm: MENZEL A CROW?

Damian Barrett on Trade Radio has gone with the story we're hearing, that Troy Menzel might be traded to Adelaide in exchange for Sam Kerridge as well as pick 28. The Crows are interested enough to have Menzel in for a medical today.

Nothing official of course but our crack team of Peter 'The Doyen" Ryan, Nick Bowen and Nathan Schmook are working the phones furiously.

Could this be holding up the Treloar Trade?

why would it if its a recent development.. if menzel was on the trade table last week then i can understnd the delay. i cbf thinking about it any longer. its doing my head in re..

And from the outside looking in it appears that Shaw, Ceglar and Seedsman are the only ones the club has actually moved on because of discipline reasons. Wellers, Beams, Dawes, Kennedy, Freeman all made there own decisions to leave for their own personal reasons.
And of course these personal reasons have nothing to do with Bucks or the way the Club has been run...

You left out Daisy, Harry, PK and to a lesser extent Leon by the way.

If we pay 2 first rounders and 68 for Treloar and get a 2nd rounder, then used that second rounder along with our 2nd rounder that freeman got us for James Aish, how much does Howe, Aish and Treloar end up costing us? Like picks and players and all.

GWS are testing us as morons and we will hand them two first round picks.

it's tuesday. trades can lodged in 1 minute. plenty of time left. this trade week as been an anomaly because trades have gone earlier. in past years they all come at the end and get done. nothing to worry about.

good point.. im sure if coll thinks gws is ripping em off re.. coll still has their fingers on the pen ready to sign regardless.. im brainstorming here.. so im probably perceived as a moron.. come to think of it.. i think i am re

Damian Barrett on Trade Radio has gone with the story we're hearing, that Troy Menzel might be traded to Adelaide in exchange for Sam Kerridge as well as pick 28. The Crows are interested enough to have Menzel in for a medical today.

Nothing official of course but our crack team of Peter 'The Doyen" Ryan, Nick Bowen and Nathan Schmook are working the phones furiously.

Maybe Carlton will try and palm off 28 to GWS to give to us?

When was Seedsman in trouble for discipline reasons? Ive never heard this? is there an article or any evidence
Ask Baltimore Jack , knowing that he only deals in facts (lulz) I'm sure he'll provide some legitimate evidence...

This is funny, Tigers are so inept. At least we know Hine and his team went in with a plan to get Treloar, Aish and Howe and we'd been working with the managers and players for a fair amount of time on it. It's like Tigers went "Oh, it's trade time, better do something" like they thought there team was so good and they didn't need to do much and that players would just want to go there.

1. Good discussion on NAB AFL Trade Radio about the Tigers and their relative lack of activity until now.
  2. Terry Wallace seems convinced that the Tigers were convinced they were frontrunners for Adam Treloar and Chris Yarran and that their strategy has been blown up a bit given Treloar's desire to join Collingwood.
  3. They haven't secured Yarran from the Blues just yet and have asked questions about Jake Carlisle and Jack Steele. Wallace makes the point if that you're throwing up names once the trade period has already started, then that's a fair indication that all the best laid plans until then have come to nought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL site is saying the Blues 4 for 1 may actually be 4 for 2. The Blues will give up both 20 & 21. Surprises me thought it would be for just one of those picks.

A good pick back in the top 15-20 for Yarran probably means they can afford to offload both.

Geeez I hope not..cos its just a matter of time before Adelaide realise Menzel is flakey...

This is funny, Tigers are so inept. At least we know Hine and his team went in with a plan to get Treloar, Aish and Howe and we'd been working with the managers and players for a fair amount of time on it. It's like Tigers went "Oh, it's trade time, better do something" like they thought there team was so good and they didn't need to do much and that players would just want to go there.

1. Good discussion on NAB AFL Trade Radio about the Tigers and their relative lack of activity until now.
  2. Terry Wallace seems convinced that the Tigers were convinced they were frontrunners for Adam Treloar and Chris Yarran and that their strategy has been blown up a bit given Treloar's desire to join Collingwood.
  3. They haven't secured Yarran from the Blues just yet and have asked questions about Jake Carlisle and Jack Steele. Wallace makes the point if that you're throwing up names once the trade period has already started, then that's a fair indication that all the best laid plans until then have come to nought.

they will never win a premiership with Ivan Maric in the ruck for starters. so i don't understand why they talk it up so much.

GWS are testing us as morons and we will hand them two first round picks.

Yes we will be handing them 2 firsts. They will also hand us back a pick in the early 20s which in past years has been a first round pick. So he is costing us a first round pick (7) and a first round downgrade of about 10-12 spots. Bargain if you ask me.

Hine said yesterday they were waiting on GWS to deal with Carlton so I'm assuming as soon as that deal is done we'll see the Treloar deal get over the line and Aish soon after (using the pick GWS give to us that they get off Carlton)

If we pay 2 first rounders and 68 for Treloar and get a 2nd rounder, then used that second rounder along with our 2nd rounder that freeman got us for James Aish, how much does Howe, Aish and Treloar end up costing us? Like picks and players and all.
2 first rounders, 1 second rounder plus Kenno and Seeds by my reckoning.

Which actually isn't too bad.

Hine said yesterday they were waiting on GWS to deal with Carlton so I'm assuming as soon as that deal is done we'll see the Treloar deal get over the line and Aish soon after (using the pick GWS give to us that they get off Carlton)

I think there will still be some haggling over Aish. We are likely to have 21, 27 and future 2nd to trade with. In sure we will offer 1 they will ask for the two best and then we will meet in the middle. Probably give them 2 but will be the worst 27 & Saints future 2nd.

Would be nice if we could do the Aish deal first, and quickly. North aren't doing anything, and Brisbane are not either (except for the Bastinac rumour). If that's the case, Pies, North and Brissy deal for Aish/Bastinac can be done independantly of the things that are rumoured to be holding up the Treloar deal (Blues v Tiggies and Yarran, hence Blues V GWS re 4 players, hence Pies v GWS for Treloar).
Gives us some time and releases resources for the Treloar deal.

No, we need the pick from the GWS deal to get the Aish deal done.

That was confirmed and originally confused me about the Freeman deal, having got a second round from next year instead of this year, that we can't trade, because we will trade our first pick for Treloar, and lack of second rounder in the Seedsman and Kennedy deal.

This is roughly how it wil go;

Pick 7 & 2016 1st round pick for Treloar and pick 21. Might be later pick or swap of picks.
Then
Pick 26 & 21 for Aish. Might be a later pick or swap of picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back