• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Mark, you are such a Dinosoar.
Jim O'Dea would be your greatest fan, all he wanted was to win Premierships too
C'mon that's a stretch isn't it?
What is the purpose of a list rebuild and/or culture change programme if not to win premierships?
We only draft players to build a premiership list.
That doesn't mean we should do anything to win. Essendon and Carlton might but that's another thread.

i just had a look at the 4 players supposedly going to carlton from gws. It sums up how much I dislike GWS getting loaded up in the last couple of years. Two of these guys are former top 10 draft picks that GWS couldnt get anything out of..... I presume SOS was doing the recruiting.....interesting. No one is going on about the highly rated GWS players going to Carlton. Another of these players Jed Lamb started at Sydney but he delisted himself for better opportunities - I think - and GWS pick him up and do nothing with him. I suppose there are always players who get a couple of tries at making it and never deliver....but it seems to me that GWS just dont put enough work into recruiting and development because they basically dont have to....just go to the next one on the production line thank you very much. Its giving me the shits. I'm annoyed

No, we need the pick from the GWS deal to get the Aish deal done.

That was confirmed and originally confused me about the Freeman deal, and lack of second rounder in the Seedsman and Kennedy deal.

This is roughly how it wil go;

Pick 7 & 2016 1st round pick for Treloar and pick 21. Might be later pick or swap of picks.
Then
Pick 26 & 21 for Aish. Might be a later pick or swap of picks.
no. 26 and saints 2nd 2016 for Aish ffs don't understand why that deal hasant happened yet

why dont we make a play for jack watts and play him on a wing as an outside player.. all we want him to do is get his 15 touches out in the open and laces up into the forward 50.. stupid thought?

Nope. I have been thinking we might make a late play for him too. Bundle up a couple of third/fourths to an academy team for a pick between 25-40 and see if Mebourne bite.

no. 26 and saints 2nd 2016 for Aish ffs don't understand why that deal hasant happened yet
When the deals finally go through no one will care how long it took to accomplish.

In the words of a famous essenshit supporter - sit tight, be confident.

I think there will still be some haggling over Aish. We are likely to have 21, 27 and future 2nd to trade with. In sure we will offer 1 they will ask for the two best and then we will meet in the middle. Probably give them 2 but will be the worst 27 & Saints future 2nd.

Brisbane need picks this year for their academy players don't they? So we'll have to give them 21 and 26 with maybe a late swap of picks.

Hine said yesterday they were waiting on GWS to deal with Carlton so I'm assuming as soon as that deal is done we'll see the Treloar deal get over the line and Aish soon after (using the pick GWS give to us that they get off Carlton)

That how I took it and Might be a 3-Way Trade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When was Seedsman in trouble for discipline reasons? Ive never heard this? is there an article or any evidence
There was. Sorry, I tried to find the article for you last night. I will have another search again tonight. But the gist of the article was about Seedman's lack of self-discipline when it came to his recovery from injuries, lifestyle, preparation and his constant partying. The club raised the issue with him on numerous occasions but appeared to fall on deaf ears.

No, we need the pick from the GWS deal to get the Aish deal done.

That was confirmed and originally confused me about the Freeman deal, having got a second round from next year instead of this year, that we can't trade, because we will trade our first pick for Treloar, and lack of second rounder in the Seedsman and Kennedy deal.

This is roughly how it wil go;

Pick 7 & 2016 1st round pick for Treloar and pick 21. Might be later pick or swap of picks.
Then
Pick 26 & 21 for Aish. Might be a later pick or swap of picks.
We are able to trade next year's second rounder we got from Saints, aren't we?

Nope. I have been thinking we might make a late play for him too. Bundle up a couple of third/fourths to an academy team for a pick between 25-40 and see if Mebourne bite.

have him play to his strengths and expect nothing more.. he would be brilliant out in space so can we afford to leave him there.. or float across half forward 10-20% of the time. for whatever reason varcoes pressure picked up.. if we get watts hungrier or get in his head as we have with varcoe the upside would be enormous.. watts is supremely skilled we cant discount that.. worth a punt for what you suggested.

Brisbane need picks this year for their academy players don't they? So we'll have to give them 21 and 26 with maybe a late swap of picks.

Schwabby on Trade Radio yesterday morning said they think they are in a good space picks wise this year to get their academy kids. They have a ripper next year they will need heaps of points for. Think a 2016 2nd might appeal to them.

We are able to trade next year's second rounder we got from Saints, aren't we?

Yes, we can on-trade the Saints 2016 second rounder, we wouldn't be able to trade our 2016 second rounder if we deal our 2016 first rounder.

On a similar note, someone mentioned on the trade board that a club's required to have at least 2 first round picks over any 4 year period, basically means that we're locked into our 2017 and 18 first rounders. I wonder if Hine might still try to package a late deal for Sydney's pick 14 to avoid this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back