List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what thread to put this under, but Tim Broomhead... on the trade table? I've seen the flashes of brilliance, but I am unconvinced he's going to be a 200+ game midfielder for us long term... would he have any value with SA teams? Would any of you be for/against a trade for him? Cheers
Yeah I'm wondering where he fits. He looks like he has to play forward or midfield and while he has the class to play at this level -where he fits exactly in two to three years time I'm not sure. He still could be a 200 gamer and letting him go is fraught with risk but never say never. Our midfield in a couple of years could include Adams, De Guey, Shaz, Freeman, Elliott, Crisp, Oxley, Langdon, and still Sidey and Pendles (at least for the next 4) so where he fits? not sure

Yeah I'm wondering where he fits. He looks like he has to play forward or midfield and while he has the class to play at this level -where he fits exactly in two to three years time I'm not sure. He still could be a 200 gamer and letting him go is fraught with risk but never say never. Our midfield in a couple of years could include Adams, De Guey, Shaz, Freeman, Elliott, Crisp, Oxley, Langdon, and still Sidey and Pendles (at least for the next 4) so where he fits? not sure
I like broomhead but im wondering if he has the determination to be elite in the afl....its all upto him would prefer to keep him

Ill happily trade Broomhead for if we can get something equally as good.

I cant really say im a big fan of him just yet.

Looks like Treloar has signed already, possessions and AF points well below his seasons average. Might get him for 750k and a second round national draft selection at this rate.

Maybe he could be a permanent forward, he seems to be able to find the goals.
I may be being a bit harsh but he seems a bit "meh" to me tbh.
Hoping he takes 2-3 games and tears them apart and takes the next step up though; if he doesn't, and keeps dropping in and out of senior side, I'd be offering him to Adel/PA for any homesick Vics they have...

Not sure what thread to put this under, but Tim Broomhead... on the trade table? I've seen the flashes of brilliance, but I am unconvinced he's going to be a 200+ game midfielder for us long term... would he have any value with SA teams? Would any of you be for/against a trade for him? Cheers

Probably has the most trade value to an SA club, over Scharenberg and Kennedy.

What would you want from an SA club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are there any Swans players that you would consider for your first round pick?

We need to get an early pick to raise points for Mills and Dunkley?

Port are keen on him. Former player with them in the SANFL. Spoken to a few guys down there and they will go after him. Hopefully he stays

Port are keen on him. Former player with them in the SANFL. Spoken to a few guys down there and they will go after him. Hopefully he stays

What do they have young player-ish that we could trade with? Cos it'll be young player for young player... I'd take Karl Amon if he's available lol

I think Treloar is probably the one most likely to stay.
Hoskin-Elliott's signature has been confirmed and apparently an announcement on Shiel signing a new two-year extension is imminent. This would leave Coniglio and Treloar as their highly sought after off contract players. West Coast have been trying for years to land Coniglio but he has resisted the overtures and said he wants to stay with the Giants. That leaves Treloar and we know Collingwood are trying to get him on big money. $750,000 is a lot of money but the Giants should be able to match that with some help from their concessions.

2016 might be a more realistic chance to raid the Giants, if that's what you're looking to do. Mumford and Ward are off contract and look certain to receive pay rises. Whitfield also happens to be coming off contract in 2016... Their salary cap situation will be a lot more stretched next year than it is right now.

How is peter wright goin for Gold Coast? Is he injured, or not playing well enough to get a game?

They're taking the slow and steady approach with the big kid by developing him in the magoos! Been playing good footy in the NEAFL without monstering sides, has the size to push for senior selection but probably doesn't possess the strength at this point in time. He's 203cm and 100kg which is pretty big for a bloke in his first year. To put it into perspective Joey Daniher is in his 3rd season stands at 201cm and still only weighs in at 90kg.

2MP was a Collingwood fan growing up but his preferred destination leading into the draft was the Gold Coast and I can't see him moving back to Victoria.

View attachment 135328 View attachment 135328 View attachment 135324

I'm looking at this scenario from a membership and club branding

Daisy Thomas was massive in Pies branding as he appealed to the Kids. Daisy Thomas if was at Pies would generate money with kids membership, jumper sales as the kids loved Daisy Thomas, am I wrong

Pick 1, 20 and Daisy Thomas would 100% be worth it, Daisy not even the main prize in the trade just see it as icing on the cake as Sharenberg & Freeman won't sell kids pies jumpers like Daisy will

Look at the T-shirt, can any other current pies have the ability to sell merchandise like this?

Blues tried it in terms of membership and it worked,Daisy is cash machine

cocaine.png

I can't imagine we'd be too active this year in terms of moving players out. We may bring someone in for a pick, but after the past 3-4 years they'll want to get some stability within the joint.

Obviously things can change though, as this is what they wanted last year before Beams decided he wanted to go.

So is Broomhead contracted for next year?

Just totally speculating here but could our supposed interest in Treloar be because we aren't confident in re-signing Scharenberg?

Given the allegations around Adelaide and Betts it wouldn't surprise if they have been in his ear for a while now.

And let's not forget that losing Gunston after two years (who was targeted by the hawks in season) would still burn.

We would be after Adelaide's first round selection for Scharenberg and two first round selections would probably get us Treloar without having to give up a player we'd prefer to keep.

As I said just thinking out loud but it's somewhat surprising Shazza hasn't already committed by now as you generally find players who have suffered long term injuries in there first couple of seasons are just happy to sign up and assure themselves of a decent pay cheque for a couple more seasons at a minimum.

He seems like the type of person that wouldn't stab us in the back after we've invested a lot of time and money getting him back to full health but until he re-signs never say never.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back