List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take Yarran any day of the week.
I don't think many of you have watched Carlton games.
I reckon he is playing up on purpose to get out of that place.
He has speed, rarely is caught and always hits a target.
In a good team he would be a weapon.

I would take Yarran any day of the week.
I don't think many of you have watched Carlton games.
I reckon he is playing up on purpose to get out of that place.
He has speed, rarely is caught and always hits a target.
In a good team he would be a weapon.

Off-Field is his Big Problem

I'm a fan of Danger and Dixon combo - throw everything at them. If we miss out on Danger maybe try and get a GWS mid.
I don't think Dixon's commitment will endear him to Bucks.

As for Yarran, a free agent end of next year would be good, but he's got some bad habits (brain fades, pulling out of contests, commitment etc) which might mean he's too much trouble. Upside is endless if we get him switched on.

Yarran is an interesting one. He's got so much ability and is quick. But his mindset is all wrong and I have a feeling Bucks might just veto any move for him. Right now Yarran either doesn't care enough generally or he's trying to get himself traded. Neither would endear him to our coach.

Why move on others with questionable attitudes just to bring another one in?

Dixon I know less about in terms of attitude. What he did before the hawks game was a piss poor effort for a 24 year old.

But is that his only indiscretion or does he have form for this sort of stuff?

I think we are getting a big name, high priced recruit this year...just don't know which one as yet.
Bucks has cleared the decks with players not 100% behind him...hence its now his team...therefore he has control of the playing group. Which means he could in fact recruit players that one may consider 'not in the Bucks mould' & fit them in under his overall plan. A successful team requires a mix of talent, style & personalities & cannot have a blinkered recruiting approach...we can loosen the reins slightly now...

I think we are getting a big name, high priced recruit this year...just don't know which one as yet.
Bucks has cleared the decks with players not 100% behind him...hence its now his team...therefore he has control of the playing group. Which means he could in fact recruit players that one may consider 'not in the Bucks mould' & fit them in under his overall plan. A successful team requires a mix of talent, style & personalities & cannot have a blinkered recruiting approach...we can loosen the reins slightly now...

I agree too. I just wonder if it's through trade or FA. I'm leaning towards FA with us dangling our first rounder in a trade for another young player- hence the ongoing links to Aish and Treloar.

It looks like my mail was twelve months late and I had the wrong club, but Carlisle's the one.
As in we're after Carlisle?

You said the Hawks were in to him last year didn't you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As in we're after Carlisle?

You said the Hawks were in to him last year didn't you?

Yes and yes. Whether he's across the line to Collingwood I'm not certain, but I'm very confident he won't be at Essendon next year. Different source for this stuff though.

How are we going to please Dodoro in a trade? Big reputation for making things stupidly difficult and trying to ream the other party.

1st and Kennedy for Carlisle and change would be my thinking. To preempt the return comments Kennedy is considering his options and contracts mean nothing.

1st and Kennedy for Carlisle and change would be my thinking. To preempt the return comments Kennedy is considering his options and contracts mean nothing.
You're gonna get smoked for that haha. I agree though, I can't see him being a consistent player in our 22 as much as I want him to be. As long as we keep hold of Broomhead!

Yes and yes. Whether he's across the line to Collingwood I'm not certain, but I'm very confident he won't be at Essendon next year. Different source for this stuff though.

Would probably do that. Not that I think Kennedy would suit Essendon. They already have a lot of similar types imo.

ScoDog, do you have any word as to what the club doesn't like about Kennedy's game?
Strange they liked him enough to draft, and he appears to have developed, but fails to get a game

does young come out of contract at the end of they year?

ScoDog, do you have any word as to what the club doesn't like about Kennedy's game?
Strange they liked him enough to draft, and he appears to have developed, but fails to get a game

Fitness from what I can gather. Like Martin they don't think it's up to scratch despite him being in the best shape of his life. Also like Martin I'm betting he'll be the butt of smart arse comments in years to come (that have become common on here).

You're gonna get smoked for that haha. I agree though, I can't see him being a consistent player in our 22 as much as I want him to be. As long as we keep hold of Broomhead!

Probably, but let's be honest if he were a St Kilda or Richmond player and was doing what he is would anyone rate him? Forget the number we drafted him at he's a good VFL player that struggles at the next level up. Just like Ryan Cook was.

There's another guy I'd put forward as an option playing at VFL level and starved of opportunity, but he's homesick so bound for the west, IMO.

There's another guy I'd put forward as an option playing at VFL level and starved of opportunity, but he's homesick so bound for the west, IMO.
Coolingwood player, as in Marsh? or opposition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back