List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

on the cheap, absolutely. doubt buckley would be a fan though

Very True - He has shown the Door to those Types of Players before.

Hell he did it his 1st day as Coach at Collingwood at start of the 2010 Pre-Season with Shannon Cox

Yarran can be a fantastic player on his day, fit right in our halfback line for sure. I seriously doubt the stench of Carlton failure and ineptness could be washed off him though, pass. Too high a risk.

Yarran is a super kick. But his effort in the last little while has been poor onfield.

It's very tempting imv but I'm starting to think we should just continue to tap the draft. I can't tell if that's a parochial view anymore but I'm starting to think we shouldn't be kinking the list and maybe do a Geelong. A Yeo I would have taken on as a 2nd round at moderate rate.

Very hard to say.

Actually probably not. If we could land a KP with our 1st round at a reasonable wage then that probably wouldn't frighten the horses and disrupt the camaraderie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yarran is all icing. IMO, our premiership cake lacks a lot of icing currently with a lot of workhorses getting games. Therefore I can make sense of any move for him.

That being said he will be very good in a strong team, but due to expectations if things don't go as planned there is the potential for the supporters to turn quick on him.

It is probably a situation where you just have to put your faith in the club and remain on the fence until we know one way or another.

broomhead plays 3 bad games and you wanna put him on the trade table? the natural development of a young player is learning how to deal with inconsistencies.. the kid is untoucheable as far as im concerned. useless exercise trading him when youd probably only get like for like. didak thomas all showed inconsistencies as young kids then exploded at 23-24 yrs of age. give broomhead a break.. hes the flash player we need in our side.

With all of the players we're after, we need to ask ourselves what we would want if they were our players and we were trading them out
- Eg Aish / Treloar / Yarran etc
We can't become the Carlton board and say we'll bring in A graders for 6th round picks and then quantify every player we have as untouchable (or valued above their worth)

With all of the players we're after, we need to ask ourselves what we would want if they were our players and we were trading them out
- Eg Aish / Treloar / Yarran etc
We can't become the Carlton board and say we'll bring in A graders for 6th round picks and then quantify every player we have as untouchable (or valued above their worth)
If Carlton decide to move on Yarran or Kreuzer or any of those ilk, they will be after quality picks. Not sure I'd be prepared to pay them. I actually think that they won't be offered up anyway. Henderson to Geelong seems to be talked about a fair bit. They might want to re-build, but you can't throw out all your half decent players. Especially considering the age of Judd, Carrazzo, Walker, Simpson etc. And they've already recently lost Waite, Garlett, Betts etc.

Yarran is all icing. IMO, our premiership cake lacks a lot of icing currently with a lot of workhorses getting games. Therefore I can make sense of any move for him.

That being said he will be very good in a strong team, but due to expectations if things don't go as planned there is the potential for the supporters to turn quick on him.

It is probably a situation where you just have to put your faith in the club and remain on the fence until we know one way or another.

Good post, this guy could be great in a disciplined team and give some flair coming out of a half back.

What a combo him and Varcoe would be.
If the price was good definitely worth a look.

yarran at right price a good fit for pies similar to varcoe this year.
still think Charlie Dixon and or patti d should be our major targets.
Our list doesn't have enough a graders so danger the first priority for mine

yarran at right price a good fit for pies similar to varcoe this year.
still think Charlie Dixon and or patti d should be our major targets.
Our list doesn't have enough a graders so danger the first priority for mine

I'm a fan of Danger and Dixon combo - throw everything at them. If we miss out on Danger maybe try and get a GWS mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back