List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Filling the void for Langers. Played as a 2nd/3rd tall in junior days with a peach of a left kick.
Yeah, but in junior he was probably a big boy. He's playing against men now.

Greenwood is utter trash. Literally Mr Butcher.
He is in the midfield, but for some strange reason he has an uncanny ability to kick goals I reckon put him in the pocket and kick goals while tagging the Shaw's of the league while he's at it. I seriously think he could be the new ballentyne a real pest.....

Hardy Har Har Har.

I make myself laugh and that's the main thing. ;)

I don't know that he's utter trash though. Pretty harsh assessment maybe? I like having him on the list but would also be open to moving him as part of a trade.

I don't know that he's utter trash though. Pretty harsh assessment maybe? I like having him on the list but would also be open to moving him as part of a trade.
He's no good. He was recruited to tag and he can't even do that.

Geez that's a bit frosty. I guess I'll take my serious trade talk somewhere else, feeling a bit browned off now. I'm a free man though, maybe I'll take my discussion to the main board, hopefully they'll be less emotional. I've got a few cheap bucks you won't rate it so highly forever though.
You have to admit it was funny

I could spend some time of my life giving you all the available alternatives... or you could just take it for a given that there were some... that were better. You also have to bear in mind that it is not the full time well paid occupation of most Bigfooty posters to be recruiters.
No worries mate.

lol you make me laugh too.
actually making yourself laugh is underrated.. very therapeutic.

welcome to the dark side Picaboo. I'll let Shpeshal Ed led show you around
Let's not jump to conclusions. My opinion is that Gubby is removing the dead wood and the expendables from the list. And in the process sealing Bucks fate . Collateral damage or intended. Doesn't change my opinion in the slightest.

BTW the lyrics of the 1st verse are more then appropiate
" Living easy, living free
Season ticket on a one-way ride
Asking nothing, leave me be
Taking everything in my stride
Don't need reason, don't need rhyme
Ain't nothing I would rather do
Going down, party time
My friends are gonna be there too"

PS At my first match I met Shpeshal Ed , I know his ways :)

Yeah, but in junior he was probably a big boy. He's playing against men now.
He is a pretty big boy for his age as is. That's why he was a surprise in the draft because of how late he was picked. He's got a good kick and a good size with a fair amount of weight on him and height at 186cm too.

Browns rising star was in what year playing against what player? Jon Brown? 130 games, yep; premiership player - only as presti was injured.
He is slow, a poor kick and a defensive player only. The old school full back. You are talking him up too much, almost what Cloke was at his peak. These players are dead wood.
He can easily be replaced.
I'm not sure dead wood is a good term and other clubs willing to sign them on shows they still do have something to offer and I'd be happy to move them all on if we had decent replacements in the wings, being traded through FA or normal trade period or being drafted with decent picks but I just don't see this. Is a risky line for us going into 2017 and not easily replaced IMO but I take your point.

really.. you don't think he'd understand the club has it's salary cap and it's interests to look after and that there's a dance to be danced in these things. You must think Nate is a very old-fashioned sensitive sentimental soul.
No I just think you move on. Club knocked you back , new partner came along with a better offer. Why go back, haven't seen any RFAs do that so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe it's just me but I'd prefer to see a undersized and/or young KD get beaten in a one-on-one contest for a goal than see an experienced good sized KD, turn the ball over for a goal.

When we don't have the ball, the defence at least is preparing for the ball to come in. When we have the ball, the defence is not getting ready to defend.

I feel no need to slam Frost and Brown but they were both very limited players, that would be close to the most easily replaced players from a best 22 for their output.

Filling the void for Langers. Played as a 2nd/3rd tall in junior days with a peach of a left kick.
The void of small defender for Langdon who is 5cm taller than him?

Ok....

Geez that's a bit frosty. I guess I'll take my serious trade talk somewhere else, feeling a bit browned off now. I'm a free man though, maybe I'll take my discussion to the main board, hopefully they'll be less emotional. I've got a few cheap bucks you won't rate it so highly forever though.
Beat it!

I honestly think the Pies should just save up and chase Fyfe come the end of the season next year. Do absolutely anything and everything they can to attain Fyfe. Just imagine that midfield. Adam Treloar, Scott Pendlebury, Steele Sidebottom, Taylor Adams and Nat Fyfe. Pwoaaaaaaaah.
And Rockcliffe

Lol.
Don't think he'd be cooked if he was the #1 defender instead of being second string now with McGovern dominating the scene at West Coast and having a string of poor games this year (E-Mac that is)
Howe needs to be used as a swingman and he tends to take the 2nd of third tall because of our lacking key defs. Collingwood is developing Maynard as a tall defender who can play loose, still early days for him. Scharenberg is okay, Henderson is better though, more experience and more smarts across HB. Ramsay is good, I rate the kid but I rate him as a potential mid who can play a defensive role on key players like Scott Selwood does, but not just be a defensive player, but play your own role and actually go down back and defend, he does tend to butcher the ball too but still early days for him. We need someone with experience, a bloke who can use the ball across HB and link up the plays well and Ricky Henderson is the man to fill that void. We thought Oxley would be that man and he's failed to do so. Scharenberg is another I like to fill the void but it'll take time for him to develop given his injury ridden run. Varcoe doesn't play down back, he plays on a wing and then pushes up on the Half forward line, which is dumb but that's who Bucks want to use him and his speed.
Maynard isn't a tall defender

Hey guys, Zunatale here.

Sorry I've been a bit quiet but just wanted to come on here and make mention of a few things. Brown, Frost and Marsh are seriously all players who will not be in our next premiership because they are not good enough at the level. Gone are the days of the big monster forwards, therefore as a big monster defender, brown won't be missed. We need versatility, skill and flexibility down there and brown offers none of those. Frost, same as Brown and doesn't make any play. As for Marsh, he MAY be ok but seriously hasn't shown much thus far apart from running around like a headless chook. Let's see what we do in the coming days but I have it on good authority we will be bringing in a couple of surprises.

That's the view from Zu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back