List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, Zunatale here.

Sorry I've been a bit quiet but just wanted to come on here and make mention of a few things. Brown, Frost and Marsh are seriously all players who will not be in our next premiership because they are not good enough at the level. Gone are the days of the big monster forwards, therefore as a big monster defender, brown won't be missed. We need versatility, skill and flexibility down there and brown offers none of those. Frost, same as Brown and doesn't make any play. As for Marsh, he MAY be ok but seriously hasn't shown much thus far apart from running around like a headless chook. Let's see what we do in the coming days but I have it on good authority we will be bringing in a couple of surprises.

That's the view from Zu!!
Well one of those surprises will not be Fyfe , but yes I sense there is something in the winds to keep the whole B/F thread in meltdown of excitement yeh

Let's not jump to conclusions. My opinion is that Gubby is removing the dead wood and the expendables from the list. And in the process sealing Bucks fate . Collateral damage or intended. Doesn't change my opinion in the slightest.

BTW the lyrics of the 1st verse are more then appropiate
" Living easy, living free
Season ticket on a one-way ride
Asking nothing, leave me be
Taking everything in my stride
Don't need reason, don't need rhyme
Ain't nothing I would rather do
Going down, party time
My friends are gonna be there too"

PS At my first match I met Shpeshal Ed , I know his ways :)
Really ? can you clue us into the ways of the Shpeshal Ed then?

Hey 7ftCox, Zunatale here.

Mason is a dud by the way.

My point is, the players you mentioned are all athletic except Tippett. They can run, jump, etc. Tippett no good, Hawkins no good, Cloke no good, casboult no good just to name a few. You need athletic play makers is my point there pal.

Hawkins kicked 55 this year, he's not athletic he is bloody strong though. Tippett had a bad season, Cloke had a shocker but showed he can clunk marks, Casboult had multiple missed shots...which means he's getting opportunities at kicking them after outmarking his opponent and the rest like Lynch and Wright will give us trouble. Keeffe will never be able to outmark or spoil most athletic forwards, he just doesn't read the play well enough. He may out body them, but that will happen once before any intelligent forward just rope a dope's him all day. One KPD means the forwards will just rotate themselves and destroy our defenders.

Its about time we are letting long time non performing players go, that's the very reason we are in position we are in now I guess we only have 1 dud left in number 11 who does very little except odd cameo appearance whose position is taken by MAYME

To me it seems like the most radical list management clean out we've done in my time supporting the pies. We seem to be outing the vast majority of players with sub par skills and there were a lot to begin with !
Yep, I love it.
Just waiting for the other pennies to drop this week.

I'm not sure dead wood is a good term and other clubs willing to sign them on shows they still do have something to offer and I'd be happy to move them all on if we had decent replacements in the wings, being traded through FA or normal trade period or being drafted with decent picks but I just don't see this. Is a risky line for us going into 2017 and not easily replaced IMO but I take your point.
Agree, dead wood probably harsh.
I just didn't see brown or frost in our best 22 before the trade period and had keeffe and marsh equal. So we have only lost VFL depth in my opinion, so hence easily replaced. Yes I would prefer someone better than keeffe but he is the ideal body type for the new style monster forwards (Daniher, 2MP, etc.) and a better kick.
I'd be happy if we went after WHE and Aidan corr from GWS as a package. Corr only played 3 games this year, both for a future 2nd...?

Still think we are undervaluing KPDs. Don't think they are easily replaced. Reid, Taz for a season, Presti, Wakes, Brown and Clement as an undersized one are maybe our only good ones since 2002. Don't see any ready replacements for them currently. We have one reliable one currently, Reid. If we don't trade for one in the next few days we are pretty exposed. Even if we get a McKenzie or Brown in we are still exposed.
And whilst Reid is reliable as a defender, his body is far from reliable which further compounds our problems. An injury to Reid usually results in several weeks to LTI territory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you are Gold!.. gold !always believe in your soul.. you've got the power to know..you're indestructible...Gold!

musically though I think the last 5 years is best summed up by this youtube amateur version of my all time favorite guitar solo: take it away Bucks...

Buckethead. His claim to fame is that he was actually raised by chickens. That was enough for Axel in the Guns n Roses session musician carousel years

Brisbane might not get him bc they have pick 21 &79 or something around that....he is probably worth 35-45 and Pies would be stupid to accept 79
Yeah, I struggle with this. I thought everyone said he wasn't AFL standard so surely we wouldn't be happy pulling the wool over Brisbane's eyes would we?

you are Gold!.. gold !always believe in your soul.. you've got the power to know..you're indestructible...Gold!

musically though I think the last 5 years is best summed up by this youtube amateur version of my all time favorite guitar solo: take it away Bucks...

Nope. This. But I can understand you don't want to listen it so the lyrics are below...

A new life begins
Destroy Everything
Obliterate what makes us weak
Destroy Everything
Decimate what threatens me
Cleanse this world with flame
End this, cleanse this
Rebuild and start again
Obliterate what makes us weak
End this and embrace the destruction
End this to embrace new life

Congrats on reaching 4K posts, I reached that 3 days ago ya spud
Didn't even noticed that I just clicked over 19,000 shit irrelevant posts that have never been seen by 90% of BF users due to being on most posters ignore list - yay me!

Wow, interesting concerning our tall defenders.
surely we can't go into 2017 with a short backline.

There must be something in the pipeline though.

Wonder if the WHE trade may also include Aidan Corr.
http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/player-profile/aidan-corr

Might be a reason why it hasn't happened yet!
Sorry, didn't realise that you brought up his name.
Yes, this could happen. He only played 3 games in 2016 after 19 in 2015. Former pick 14 from Melbourne.
Could easily give them our second for both him and WHE. Carlton were sniffing around. Definately more opportunity for him at the pies...?

Still think we are undervaluing KPDs. Don't think they are easily replaced. Reid, Taz for a season, Presti, Wakes, Brown and Clement as an undersized one are maybe our only good ones since 2002. Don't see any ready replacements for them currently. We have one reliable one currently, Reid. If we don't trade for one in the next few days we are pretty exposed. Even if we get a McKenzie or Brown in we are still exposed.
Reid Taz and Jimmy are / were versatile and can play short and tall. Presti was a legend not least for knowing his limits. Wakes just showed guts and effort IMO still remember that game he embarrassed Barry Hall at ANZ. Loved Nate but his high floating kicks never helped anyone, just that one goal from 50 early in his career when he accidentally found himself at the wrong end of the ground and the 2
Games on Riewoldt in 2010 on the highlights reel. Don't know if McKenzie is the answer if we want versatility but he handballs more than Brown from memory.

Congrats on reaching 4K posts, I reached that 3 days ago ya spud
LOL.. ok you are the second funniest poster on the board!

But seriously... what's your post to like ratio then? You are like a Priddis possession.. lots of em.. but do no damage. I'm more of a Cyril Rioli type

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back