List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You crusade for people not to attack posters yet you do it yourself...
Mate.. I responded to your direct quote of my quote... and asked you to give your reasons why lack of durability was not a valid consideration in valuing a players worth.. you didn't respond. instead you posted this after another one of my posts on an unrelated matter..." But we have to get rid of our frequently injured players, so really we only have 1 KPD.". Are you saying the two aren't linked? I presumed they were so I called you a "pussy" because you chose not to continue the discussion with me but to come in from a different sniper angle. If I was mistaken somehow.. please explain why my judgement of you being a pussy for making this kind of response is not valid and I shall apologize.

Actually doesn't bother me. I think it's what we wanted and the cap space freed up was the big thing for us. I reckon we'll get a Kelly or VFL defender like that as a stop gap measure and we will be landing another big fish now.
So you sense there's a cunning plan behind shedding our stocks of team talls? But not next year, because Kelly or something similar will provide temporary relief till 2018? Buckley needs results next year. If the loss of talls is to be compensated, it must happen now.

Mate.. I responded to your direct quote of my quote... and asked you to give your reasons why lack of durability was not a valid consideration in valuing a players worth.. you didn't respond. instead you posted this after another one of my posts on an unrelated matter..." But we have to get rid of our frequently injured players, so really we only have 1 KPD.". Are you saying the two aren't linked? I presumed they were so I called you a "pussy" because you chose not to continue the discussion with me but to come in from a different sniper angle. If I was mistaken somehow.. please explain why my judgement of you being a pussy for making this kind of response is not valid and I shall apologize.

I ahh... I did respond though.

Even still, I don't think it constitutes your response especially given your stance on poster abuse...

Last edited:
So you sense there's a cunning plan behind shedding our stocks of team talls? But not next year, because Kelly or something similar will provide temporary relief till 2018? Buckley needs results next year. If the loss of talls is to be compensated, it must happen now.
I think that the powers that be know full well that the players who have/are leaving are no loss long term and that there are or will be other better options available for where we want to go.. Next year is important... make no mistake but it is not all about next year. Buckley is not THE club. With the talent he will have 2017, he will have no excuses.

I mentioned this a few weeks ago and I only mentioned it because it's 100% reliable and that is what is happening with Hrovat from the Dogs. A really good footballer who has had a tough time with injuries but in the second half of the season he tore it up for the ressies.

The media has reported that North are the front runners to get him and I can tell you that is wrong. The Blues are the front runners to get him and have been for several months now with Collingwood who is also very keen to get him.

Now I am a fan of the bloke but ffs why we are still after him when we have more than enough of his type while we are lacking a key defender has me confused. We need a key back so bad it's scary and we only have four days to get one.

The other rumor I have heard and this one is no where near as reliable as the Hrovat one is that when it was reported that Greenwood and Aish were up for trade that it was an offer to Adelaide for Jake Lever which was quickly rejected by Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No.

If we did that we probably wouldn't be able to feild a side given our injureis over the last few years.
Blushes... ok..I found it.. Sorry totally missed your response for some reason. Ok I deserve a warning from the mods for calling you a pussy. You weren't a pussy. Sorry for calling you a pussy. Mods.. give me a warning please!

what's your take on it all then GG?

Surely we will have to get a VFL or SANFL type key defender, Bulldogs picked up Marcus Adams from the WAFL and he played some solid games. We need to find one like him.

Surely we will have to get a VFL or SANFL type key defender, Bulldogs picked up Marcus Adams from the WAFL and he played some solid games. We need to find one like him.
Whats the deal with picking up players from the Wafl or Sanfl. Do they have to go through the draft or can it be done outside the draft.

...other rumor I have heard and this one is no where near as reliable as the Hrovat one is that when it was reported that Greenwood and Aish were up for trade that it was an offer to Adelaide for Jake Lever which was quickly rejected by Adelaide.

Can imagine Gubby going black ops to float this to Adelaide. Would not blame him for trying.

Love Balmey as a bloke but wish we had Gubby back 2 years ago.

what's your take on it all then GG?
I don't have a 'take' on it. I probably side with the belief this situation was not orchestrated, not part of the original score. Of course, the loss of Witts, Cloke, Brown, Frost, Williams and Marsh is going to unburden us of some less mobile or skilled players. But who are their replacements? Wells and Mayne are our only imports to date. Perhaps a Tomlinson style player, though more of a forward than defender, young, tall and versatile, could be acquired this week.

Frankly, I don't see that we have the bargaining power to secure a class player unless we sacrifice quality, as we had been rumoured to have done with Aish. Maybe Gubby has decided that forced player movement now warrants a mini clean-out. Hopefully next week will reveal a devious recruiting strategy has been hatching under our noses.

Langdon is a lock down small defender. Maynard is a third tall defender who's got a good left peg but I saw him butcher it heaps this year but that's fair as it is was his first year. Mackenzie is good mate just had an off year. Scharenberg will take time to adjust considering his run of injuries. I find Ramsay to be more of a midfielder who can press back, he was renowned for his tagging ability in the VFL too, scrubby user though at times.
LOL wtf mate. Maynard a 3rd tall?? Langdon a lock down small?? Ramsay a midfielder???
You've literally got no idea. Have you watched a collingwood game ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back