List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned this a few weeks ago and I only mentioned it because it's 100% reliable and that is what is happening with Hrovat from the Dogs. A really good footballer who has had a tough time with injuries but in the second half of the season he tore it up for the ressies.

The media has reported that North are the front runners to get him and I can tell you that is wrong. The Blues are the front runners to get him and have been for several months now with Collingwood who is also very keen to get him.

Now I am a fan of the bloke but ffs why we are still after him when we have more than enough of his type while we are lacking a key defender has me confused. We need a key back so bad it's scary and we only have four days to get one.

The other rumor I have heard and this one is no where near as reliable as the Hrovat one is that when it was reported that Greenwood and Aish were up for trade that it was an offer to Adelaide for Jake Lever which was quickly rejected by Adelaide.

Still don't understand the decision to bypass Lever in the draft. Excellent personal qualities and very much a need with great mobility.

I don't have a 'take' on it. I probably side with the belief this situation was not orchestrated, not part of the original score. Of course, the loss of Witts, Cloke, Brown, Frost, Williams and Marsh is going to unburden us of some less mobile or skilled players. But who are their replacements? Wells and Mayne are our only imports to date. Perhaps a Tomlinson style player, though more of a forward than defender, young, tall and versatile, could be acquired this week.

Frankly, I don't see that we have the bargaining power to secure a class player unless we sacrifice quality, as we had been rumoured to have done with Aish. Maybe Gubby has decided that forced player movement now warrants a mini clean-out. Hopefully next week will reveal a devious recruiting strategy has been hatching under our noses.
If it wasn't orchestrated (Marsh excepted) then it's a massive debacle no doubt. But the players involved suggest to me that it is.

Still don't understand the decision to bypass Lever in the draft. Excellent personal qualities and very much a need with great mobility.
This board would have exploded due to his injury issues and neither scharenberg or freeman had played up to that point, but I still felt at the time we should have taken him. Would have gone number 1 if not for the knee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney: Rampe and Aliir
Hawthorn: Gibson and Stratton, probably throw Spangher in there too once fit.
None of those are what you would call stereotypical KPDs Both Goibson and STratton were flankers/Back pockets 2 years ago. Rampe and Allie are best described in similar terms. Laidler was named CHB on Grand Final day.

Either someone trades for him in the next week, or he re-signs with the Eagles. Can't see him going to the draft when nobody showed any interest in him as a FA.
he can still be delisted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back