List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He can, but the Eagles would have to pull the contract they have on offer for him. He can't be picked up a DFA if he delists himself.
which they can do if things change for them

Surely the last 5 years have to be the biggest dismantling of a football club that's ever been seen right?
Hawks are doing a good job of eclipsing us in a matter of weeks.

Possibly foxing so as not to telegraph trade moves, or maybe the game trend is away from very tall key forwards. Hawthorn didn't have a great deal this year, nor Dogs.

Goldy is 193, then Keeffe at 200, Reid at 196 and Howe at whatever he is. Feels like we'd want one more.
White may play more footy in defense

Hawks are doing a good job of eclipsing us in a matter of weeks.

I"m talking the last 5 seasons. Not last 5 days. Hawthorn's turnover since 2010 doesn't really come close to matching ours does it?

Yep, but we're moving well in to the realm of 'what if's' now. As it stands Mitch is not eligible for delisted free agency.
which i am happy about because we do not want Mitch. Better playing a mid sized cover defense with run and reasonable ball use. No point banging our heads on the same wall due to our key defenders being allowed to receive the ball deep (opposition zones off) only to turn it over on the way out. I can sleep happy knowing that neither Nathan or Jack are using the football in our D50 to search for a rainbow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

which i am happy about because we do not want Mitch. Better playing a mid sized cover defense with run and reasonable ball use. No point banging our heads on the same wall due to our key defenders being allowed to receive the ball deep (opposition zones off) only to turn it over on the way out. I can sleep happy knowing that neither Nathan or Jack are using the football in our D50 to search for a rainbow.
Yeah I think if we wanted Mitch we'd have already taken him by now. I'd be surprised if he ended up at our club as a DFA if he ended up in that situation. Probably go to North I reckon.

I"m talking the last 5 seasons. Not last 5 days. Hawthorn's turnover since 2010 doesn't really come close to matching ours does it?

So it has to be between 2010 and 2016. So not 'ever seen' which was your first post.

There was a post that showed Hawks pretty similar between 2008 and 2014 same period from a premiership as ours.

I'm feeling a lot less comfortable about trade week than a few days ago. Bringing in Mayne and staring down the barrel of losing Brown, Frost, Marsh, Witts and Cloke among others. That's an overhaul of key forwards, key defenders and a new ruck that is needed. It's tough enough addressing one of those areas in one off season. We now need to do the lot at once. It's so risky the path have chosen here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back