List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Dunn?
Get Jack Hutchins named VFL Team full back 2016
Captain in same team as Dunn and won their BF.
Played a better game than hi in GF
Great GF game.
191cm
Top pick with GC had cracked vertebrae, delisted sent to Casey found consistency!
Good: kick, bloke, character, Captain, young, potential, B/F.
Spend 1 dollar or trade / spend $300,000 on an old spud..
I give up!

sorry wrong spot
Because he is NOT on a AFL List.

We could still Draft Hutchins

I reckon you guys will enjoy having Lynden Dunn... Given you'll be sending a packet of chips our way I don't see any way you'll lose out on this deal. Good luck to Dunny, he stuck through our club through some tough times and should give you 2-3 years of good service.

Thanks for the encouragement Sylvia! :)

Feel free to stay for our thread party - it's a little glum at the moment, but once TG starts up the conga line you'll never leave.

So I see you seen the Future that Mayne and Possibly Dunn be out right duds:rolleyes:

I don't like the direction we've taken with our recruiting. I reckon Mayne (and Dunn if he comes) will offer similar to what Greenwood has for us. Some effort, a couple of good moments, interspersed with some competent but underwhelming footy.

Because the list isn't finalised yet perhaps?
So? we are discussing what has happened so far aren't we?
And if that's your stance then why are you in here providing your clear opinion on the merits of that trade? Come back on Friday when it's all done!

I don't like the direction we've taken with our recruiting. I reckon Mayne (and Dunn if he comes) will offer similar to what Greenwood has for us. Some effort, a couple of good moments, interspersed with some competent but underwhelming footy.

You might be right about Dunn but I have some Hope for Mayne. He is something we Badly Missed last season which was Pressure in the Forward Line because at times during the Season it was No Pressure in the Forward Line which Mayne Gives Us. Also going by his Interview when Signed. He has the Right Attitude

Dunn is an old crab: Try Jack Hutchins VFL Fullback 2016, Captain on same team as Dunn, won Casey BF in same team as Dunn, played better game in GF than Dunn, quality bloke with some sort of future . Played with GC under serious duresss!
5 Jack Hutchins related posts. How's things, Jack?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id like to see everyone chill out until next season gets underway, because guess what no one on here is a frickin list manager, if you were you would not be on here!! These players are getting recruited to our team no matter how you feel about them, at least give them a chance next year to defend themselves before you throw around the harsh criticism.

Because the list isn't finalised yet perhaps?
Will your stance change when it does and remains in the ball park being discussed now?

View attachment 301983

Crisp down year vs Brayshaw coming out year. Its not so much that our midfield player for player is better (if you start picking 5th/6th string midfielders thats a different argument i guess), our midfield at its best, is better than their midfield at their best. Hence why we performed better against better sides and they lost to essendon and carlton on like a 13 game loosing streak

You take our best 6 vs their best 6 no coach in the comp would take theirs over ours.
Based on our trading this year, our coach would take theirs over ours. Our logic hasn't been too flash.

the very very very smart people on trade radio suggested Witts was 60+ pick and Nankervis was 40-50.....

I don't understand how they've come to that conclusion.
Nankervis is 199 cms. He's more a Forward/ruck. Yet he's been talked about like a genuine ruckman.

Agree. This smacks of desperation at being blind sided by the whole Marsh situation and having no more cards to play. The only thing I could take from Dunn coming is that it makes the Mayne recruitment seem great in comparison.

You might be right about Dunn but I have some Hope for Mayne. He is something we Badly Missed last season which was Pressure in the Forward Line because at times during the Season it was No Pressure in the Forward Line which Mayne Gives Us. Also going by his Interview when Signed. He has the Right Attitude

If Mayne can't crack 30 goals for the year, something he hasn't done for years, I don't care how much pressure he gives. I don't care if 1 in 4 pressure acts turn into goals. I just can't see him giving us much more than what he has previously. His two best career years, out of 11 years in AFL, are only just acceptable. I hope I'm wrong, but his recent history has me worried.

So? we are discussing what has happened so far aren't we?
And if that's your stance then why are you in here providing your clear opinion on the merits of that trade? Come back on Friday when it's all done!
Have we completed a trade yet for me to give my opinion?

If Mayne can't crack 30 goals for the year, something he hasn't done for years, I don't care how much pressure he gives. I don't care if 1 in 4 pressure acts turn into goals. I just can't see him giving us much more than what he has previously. His two best career years, out of 11 years in AFL, are only just acceptable. I hope I'm wrong, but his recent history has me worried.

So I guess how you feel is then we are going to go Backwards next year then?

Agree. This smacks of desperation at being blind sided by the whole Marsh situation and having no more cards to play. The only thing I could take from Dunn coming is that it makes the Mayne recruitment seem great in comparison.
Seems you might have a better idea?
Care to share it?

I'm hating Witts right now, we could've sent him and pick 8 for Treloar. But he refused to go, now we get pick 44. Awesome.

This is the most depressing trade week ever, some seriously average ins. I can't see how the past week has made us better.

We nailed trade period last year, thank god for Hawthorn otherwise we would be clearly the worst performer club.
Not sure why you think we have done so bad. We managed 2 unrestricted free agents that cost us neither a player or draft concession. Both add experience.
We have had plenty of expected retirements and delistings. Outside of this we have lost fringe players in Frost, Witts and Marsh. Most here called for Clokes head a couple of seasons ago.
The loss of Brown and Marsh are probably not ideal in terms of depth. What else were we meant to do with the draft picks we have left?
Anyhow it's irrelevant given the draft period is not finished yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back