List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im annoyed we not getting stewart and ill be more annoyed if we dont land WHE
If his name wasn't Stewart you wouldn't give him a second glance. He's not worth getting upset over.

Why Dunn?
Get Jack Hutchins named VFL Team full back 2016
Captain in same team as Dunn and won their BF.
Played a better game than hi in GF
Great GF game.
191cm
Top pick with GC had cracked vertebrae, delisted sent to Casey found consistency!
Good: kick, bloke, character, Captain, young, potential, B/F.
Spend 1 dollar or trade / spend $300,000 on an old spud..
I give up!

sorry wrong spot
Maybe he is on the list of potential picks? Either way you can make certain your covered for 2017 right now or take your chance competing for said player come draft day

I dont really understand Dunn apart from a semi desperate pick up because we don't have enough KPF. I didnt see him lastyear principally because I didnt watch Demons 2nds playing

He will be 30 yo early next season. Demons supporters have suggested he is ok 1 on 1 but zone defence and the modern game have passed him by. He struggled to get a senior game in 2016 and while a youth preference may partly explain that you would have to think the other explanation is his game is on a downward trajectory. Presumably he gets a 2 year contact as he is already under contract at Melbourne. His chance to get a game at Collingwood seems to be based on the fact there is no one else to fill the position rather that any inherent value he has. Despite that maybe Keeffe does outperform him and we bring in a 30 yo to play in our VFL team for 2 years tying up a spot on the list. If we add 29yo Silvagni to the list who has 53 games in 7 seasons and only 14 games in the last 3 season we are just trying to look stupid.
And I had hoped we had a cunning plan to get a decent KPD replacement. Not impressed other than that Dunn is meant to be a decent kick. Zone defence has passed him by?! If he doesn't like being a witch's hat, he is going to feel all at sea in our backline. But who am I to judge, given the judgement and knowledge of Gubby and Hine.

If we accept 44 and pocket change for Witts when GC had 11 million second rounders then that's f****d. What happened to the Gubby Allen who screwed us for everything we had last year and on the Adams deal?

Why are we letting Eade walk all over us when we know that he clearly rates Witts highly? If they didn't think Witts would walk in to the senior team they wouldn't even be after him with Nicholls and Currie already listed. Ffs...

We don't always see eye to eye, this is hands down the post of the year.

Don't forget what he put us through for the Treloar deal.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one on here really believes we can win a flag next year, especially with the trade cards dealt, so why would we sell the farm to appease the negative nancies, just to bring in a kpd (that isn't really available)to play next year when there doesn't seem a hope of a premiership at all in 2017, we just need to draft our father sons and possibly a battle or Cox, a fill our list with complementary players that fill our needs without costing much in trade value and try and execute the style we showed we can play. Then next year's draft hand will allow us to make a play for some permanent help. So we may not win a flag next year because of this trade period, but we're we going to anyway!

Brown out, Dunn possibly in. Honestly, i don't see too much downside in that, though it also doesn't represent a trade period golden highlight either.

They are both limited defenders, but have a couple of personal strong points; and Dunn by all accounts seems to be a strongly team-oriented guy who gives his all.

Hopefully, we'll see another talented and young player or 2 brought in during trading or drafting.

Id like to see everyone chill out until next season gets underway, because guess what no one on here is a frickin list manager, if you were you would not be on here!! These players are getting recruited to our team no matter how you feel about them, at least give them a chance next year to defend themselves before you throw around the harsh criticism.
Now now let's not get too sensible....
What's not to love about a little (a lot of) disorganised panic?
Stress, pulputations, eating your liver, what could possibly be more fun than that?

:D

No one on here really believes we can win a flag next year, especially with the trade cards dealt, so why would we sell the farm to appease the negative nancies, just to bring in a kpd (that isn't really available)to play next year when there doesn't seem a hope of a premiership at all in 2017, we just need to draft our father sons and possibly a battle or Cox, a fill our list with complementary players that fill our needs without costing much in trade value and try and execute the style we showed we can play. Then next year's draft hand will allow us to make a play for some permanent help. So we may not win a flag next year because of this trade period, but we're we going to anyway!

I don't think we can make the 8 next year.

GC offering 44 for Witts according to Scott Lucas, but we want higher... [he thinks he's worth more].
We'd all like higher, but worst case try to squeeze 24 for 28 as well. From reports 24 would be well out of F/S bid. 28 might just squeeze in a bid.
So we could have fit Rockliff salary in if we needed to but are that tight that Dunn's 300k or just over that would be not doable?
There is of course the potential Jake is doing our bidding for us via that article.
Jake's a Pies man. Trying to help us have Melbourne pay some of his salary??

If you mention negative nellies I'm forced to bring her out

IMG_0624.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back