List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious questions re Witts?

If another club wants a first ruckman, then they can pay something?
That's not unreasonable is it?

If Witts wants a first ruck opportunity after not taking it last year (see Treloar deal) then in theory he "owes" us something ie if we don't get a good deal, he can bide more time in the VFL?

This leaves but one conclusion. If we don't get something reasonable don't trade him. Stiff cheddar to all parties then. What's wrong with this approach?

Personally, I'd have offered Brown a contract before it got to this. Or going back further, drafted the odd key position player.
But seeing it is what it is, I'd play Goldsack 8 days a week ahead of Dunn.

We did offer Brown a Contract but he never signed it

44 for Witts is just a straight out no let him walk to the draft, we aren't losing anything.
I'm tired of the Witts saga, good deal or he can tap away in the reserves.
Or play if Grundy gets injured etc.

Agree with all except Petracca - I reckon he is equal to Treloar, and by end of next year could be better than Pendles.
Let's hope his love for Collingwood eventually sees him in the Black and White - he is potentially an absolute superstar.

I rate him with higher upside than any other young mid in the competition - including Cripps, Shiel, Coniglio, - and he will be better than Fyfe.
Whether he can be better that Gary Ablett is my only uncertainty.
You're kidding right?

Better than Pendles? Given that he's still young, that remains to be seen , but he's got a long, long, long way to even get talked about in the same sentence. When he's won 5 best and fairest awards, multiple All-Australian positions and a Norm Smith medal we may revisit this.

And better than Fyfe? Big, big call to be better than arguably the best player in the competition.

He may be very, very good, but that's a long way off.

I'm tired of the Witts saga, good deal or he can tap away in the reserves.
Or play if Grindy gets injuredbetc

What do you think his worth? I'm still dirty he didn't accept the trade to GWS last year costing us a first rounder.

He is worth a pick between 20-30 in my opinion, anything else let him walk.

Personally, I'd have offered Brown a contract before it got to this. Or going back further, drafted the odd key position player.
Pretty sure brown had a contract in front of him all year!

Some quotes from the Leigh Brown thread when news broke that he was coming to us.

"Pity he's a useless player."
"Taking Brown ruined a otherwise great draft day, complete and utter dud I will shudder every time the ball goes near him if he's playing in the backline and have flashbacks to Jason Wild."
"Woo hoo, a VFL full back."
"This pick stinks on Mick Malthouse having his say in the draft ala Toovey."

Not much has changed. The only worthwhile words uttered in opposition to the Mayne and Dunn recruitment are those that mention how they are moves sideways rather than forward. Kudos Scodog10. The rest are just...well.....rinse and repeat the above comments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daicos will be around that mark with the f/s discount...?
I'd like to play poker with quite a few on this board.

We are going to have plenty of late picks, why take another late pick for a bloke who was chased by 6 clubs, will be a walk up starting ruckman at GCS.

You might be happy for the club to roll over and fold, doesn't mean majority of people on this board have to.

Pick between 20-30 is not unreasonable.

lets take a deep breath, no one's been traded in yet, so far it's talk.
we do have to take the whole of the trades and draft as one before we can totally
make any sound decision on wither we have done well or not.
if as it seems that allen does not rate the list except the top 15, it is going to take 2-3 drafts, trades
before we will see the results. it is not done in one. only time will tell.

I'd like to see who non Magpie supporters would rather, guarantee it's not goldsack!!

I reckon you guys will enjoy having Lynden Dunn. He is one of the best long kicks in the league and will take the kick out duties over Howe. Not overly tall but very strong (has the biggest bench press at the club), plus he loves to niggle his opponents.
Melbourne coaches fascination with developing Oscar McDonald meant he fell out of favour at a rate of knots in 2016, but don't forget he was our vice captain in 2015 and was spoken about as possible AA in 2014 (albeit by biased MFC fans on here, but you get my drift).

Given you'll be sending a packet of chips our way I don't see any way you'll lose out on this deal. Good luck to Dunny, he stuck through our club through some tough times and should give you 2-3 years of good service.
We'll save at least 1, possibly 2 goals a game because Brown or Frost didn't turn it over for a goal. Dunn could be handy.

Question : when Dunn punches the ball, does he spoil it right out of the contest or just knock it near by, like Brown to Jordan Lewis in round 23, costing us a goal with seconds left in the 3rd quarter ?

Talk going around that Dunn Trade has been Agreed upon and Just waiting for Tommorow to Lodge it.

I am half expecting the Pick 44 we look like getting for Witts be the Pick we Trade

I reckon you guys will enjoy having Lynden Dunn. He is one of the best long kicks in the league and will take the kick out duties over Howe. Not overly tall but very strong (has the biggest bench press at the club), plus he loves to niggle his opponents.
Melbourne coaches fascination with developing Oscar McDonald meant he fell out of favour at a rate of knots in 2016, but don't forget he was our vice captain in 2015 and was spoken about as possible AA in 2014 (albeit by biased MFC fans on here, but you get my drift).

Given you'll be sending a packet of chips our way I don't see any way you'll lose out on this deal. Good luck to Dunny, he stuck through our club through some tough times and should give you 2-3 years of good service.
Can't call yourself Sylvia Saint without a pic, mate. GTFO, sort that shit out and then come back.:D

If we accept 44 and pocket change for Witts when GC had 11 million second rounders then that's f****d. What happened to the Gubby Allen who screwed us for everything we had last year and on the Adams deal?

Why are we letting Eade walk all over us when we know that he clearly rates Witts highly? If they didn't think Witts would walk in to the senior team they wouldn't even be after him with Nicholls and Currie already listed. Ffs...

Isn't the suggestion that we have said no to 44 and are holding out for more?

Why would he get 4 years for something that he MAY have done, when Methendon players only got 1 year for actually doing something.

Find that hard to believe.
Article by Patrick Smith said up to 4 years. Caro reckons at least 3 months. Thank god for phones allowing people to work from home.

Isn't the suggestion that we have said no to 44 and are holding out for more?
Lucas reckons we've said no to 44. SMH reporting we'll accept 44 + some other random late pick. Will vomit if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back