List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find that so hard to believe about Aish.

You don't sacrifice two second round picks for a player and then 12 months later ditch them just when they start to play good footy.

Well Why did we trade for him.

Stupidty by Allan

Settle Dave, we don't even know if it is true.

And Allen is new to the club, he wasn't involved last year, so even if true, he may think he is additional to our needs. And if the reason is that we are trying to land a more pressing need, you can understand it.

Damien Barrett says.....

giphy.gif

Yeah stop reading as soon as I see that.

Aish is an untouchable, these journo's are talkiing out of their arseholes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Blair being an RFA and therefore supposedly in our top 25% earners, does this alone effect what compensation we'd get for him?

Or does it solely depend on what his next club offers him, in the way of contract amount, length, etc.?

Surely if a club takes one of our "best 25%" players it would be grounds for some good compensation. Which would tell me that's been the club's planning going into this season, which would be smart.

Just on the provision that he was to go somewhere that is. There hasn't yet been any news on Blair AFAIK.

It solely depends on what the next club offers. Two things are factored into FA compensation.

1. The length and remuneration of the offered contract.
2. The age of the player.

They previously factored in positions in best and fairest counts, however that factor was recently scraped.

As an aside, how the hell was Blair in the top 25% of earners this year. As our senior playing list was only 38 or 39 this year, that put Blair in the top 9 earners. I know player payments vary year on year depending on front and back loaded contracts, but we have a fair idea of who our top earners are and its safe to assume in any given year you have 9 players earn 400k+. Given we have been below the salary cap for the past few years based of industry and media comments, I cant see why Blair's salary would be on a back ended contract. Which begs the question, why is he earning 400k+ or thereabouts a year?

Find that so hard to believe about Aish.

You don't sacrifice two second round picks for a player and then 12 months later ditch them just when they start to play good footy.
A load of crock shet
Aish has the potential of being a superstar and his partner is an Olympian
I saw the glitter in his eyes when interviewed Copeland
He is going to excell next season
Hands Off for the next Ten years
Full stop

IIRC, both Aish and Greenwood are managed by Pickering aren't they?

Pickering and Barrett seem a bit chummy, so if it's true, that'd be where it came from.

As for whether it's true? I doubt it. Unless we're hunting for Pick 9 from Port and want Logue.

Edit: Or maybe we want to do Witts and either Aish or Greenwood for Lynch from the GCS. But I doubt it.

Haven't read any of the fallout above but what if the following scenarios are true:

- We trade Aish for a first rounder this year allowing us to use 2017 and 2018 first rounders next year when chasing Lynch/Wright?
- Hamish Hartlett is interested in Pies.....?

The back story (and it may only be a story) sounded plausible. Still not sure one can feign sincerity or excitement as well as Sam did ? I understand the tenor of your commentary just not certain this instance fits your scenario.
The comments I have heard from the "experts" on radio are what a great win-win this will be and this is a truly great thing. These are the same "experts" who rave about the long-term benefits of being a one-club player.

Haven't read any of the fallout above but what if the following scenarios are true:

- We trade Aish for a first rounder this year allowing us to use 2017 and 2018 first rounders next year when chasing Lynch/Wright?
- Hamish Hartlett is interested in Pies.....?
We aren't bringing in Hartlett.

I've been on the road all day and just got back to my hotel to troll through 25 pages with no interesting news for day 3....I'm sitting here like 'what do i do now?' Maybe I should start a rumour to get it rolling...haha

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back