List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. But earning a mill a year after next year.... no, just no. Unless he goes on to average 28 disposals, just no. Massively overrating him if anyone thinks he's worth 1M
Yeah I understand where you are coming from and definitely it would be a big gamble especially after two years. I have just seen enough of him to know he's going to be worth it. That final he played against Geelong just shows what he's capable of. It's not like it's going to be a Tom Boyd contract and you're waiting possible 3+ years for him to have a break out season. With a midfielder in Heeney a break out is just around the corner. And with Mitchell going, it could well be next season.

Yeah I understand where you are coming from and definitely it would be a big gamble especially after two years. I have just seen enough of him to know he's going to be worth it. That final he played against Geelong just shows what he's capable of. It's not like it's going to be a Tom Boyd contract and you're waiting possible 3+ years for him to have a break out season. With a midfielder in Heeney a break out is just around the corner. And with Mitchell going, it could well be next season.
Why a million? Does he deserve it. Im sure hed be happy on 500-600 at his stage of his career.

Poor form Hawthorn! This one stinks worse than our decision to move Shaw. What sort of message does it send to have a guy take unders for a number of years only to turf them out for the shiny new toy? I never expected to see something like this from them. Fair enough if he nets them an early pick, but he's not going too so its just a sad situation.

They want O'Merea and Mitchell on Big Deals so some players have to be Sacraficed

Poor form Hawthorn! This one stinks worse than our decision to move Shaw. What sort of message does it send to have a guy take unders for a number of years only to turf them out for the shiny new toy? I never expected to see something like this from them. Fair enough if he nets them an early pick, but he's not going too so its just a sad situation.
He was on the radio earlier this morning and unless he is an outstanding method actor he actually sounded positively excited at the possibility ?? Not sure this is a Hawthorn hatchet job but i guess we will find out in the future whether this has an impact on the juggernaut that is Hawthorn.

Hawthorn have always been sketchy. It's just that while they were winning, everything looks rosey and every decision is a masterstroke. There is no way things like Hill and Hodge's off field indiscretions would have just been glossed over otherwise.

He was on the radio earlier this morning and unless he is an outstanding method actor he actually sounded positively excited at the possibility ?? Not sure this is a Hawthorn hatchet job but i guess we will find out in the future whether this has an impact on the juggernaut that is Hawthorn.

How's he supposed to sound? He isn't exactky going to get on there and sulk. Heater never complained either, but it hurt him deeply.

They want O'Merea and Mitchell on Big Deals so some players have to be Sacraficed

That's cool, but not a 34yo fabric of the club player. Its like Swanny playing on next year, but only after we traded him...

That's cool, but not a 34yo fabric of the club player. Its like Swanny playing on next year, but only after we traded him...

Well he has put his hand up to the Possible Trade

How's he supposed to sound? He isn't exactky going to get on there and sulk. Heater never complained either, but it hurt him deeply.
The back story (and it may only be a story) sounded plausible. Still not sure one can feign sincerity or excitement as well as Sam did ? I understand the tenor of your commentary just not certain this instance fits your scenario.

Well he has put his hand up to the Possible Trade

Yes in the same way Shaw was. There's no sense in me continuing this discussion because you don't quite understand the underlying subtext. I realise why and it cool.

The back story (and it may only be a story) sounded plausible. Still not sure one can feign sincerity or excitement as well as Sam did ? I understand the tenor of your commentary just not certain this instance fits your scenario.

He's got what 3 kids under 5, has been with them for 15 years now and signed a contract extension mid year? I'd be shocked if Clarkson hasn't been putting plenty of time into getting this one going. Its just not a good position when you compare with how Geelong farewelled there champs.

Poster Unknown Identity who broke the story a week ago says the mail coming from his inner sanctum (UI's sauce) says he's none too happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes in the same way Shaw was. There's no sense in me continuing this discussion because you don't quite understand the underlying subtext. I realise why and it cool.

He's got what 3 kids under 5, has been with them for 15 years now and signed a contract extension mid year? I'd be shocked if Clarkson hasn't been putting plenty of time into getting this one going. Its just not a good position when you compare with how Geelong farewelled there champs.
Stevie J and James Kelly might disagree ?

Poster Unknown Identity who broke the story a week ago says the mail coming from his inner sanctum (UI's sauce) says he's none too happy.
As an ardent disliker of Hawthorn i hope this is the event that sends them spiralling to the base of the ladder for an extended stay. I am very happy to be shown how upset he and hopefully his peers are.

Geelong didn't do the best job either with Stevie J at GWS and Chappy at Essendon etc...?

As an ardent disliker of Hawthorn i hope this is the event that sends them spiralling to the base of the ladder for an extended stay. I am very happy to be shown how upset he and hopefully his peers are.

I highly doubt they'll express it in public/media.

I highly doubt they'll express it in public/media.[/Q
I could have sworn they received a very emotional send off at skilled stadium (along with Stokes). Mitchell won't be afforded the same opportunity unfortunately.
yes you are right but i am not certain they were absolutely willing participants. May have wanted to keep going at the Catery

Im not referring to other club. It was suggested hed be getting 800-1mil at swans next year. Their next 'million dollar man'
Sorry, obviously we are on different pages. As long as buddy and Tippet are at the Swans there will be no way he will be anywhere near that. If they can clear Tippet out, its a possibility.

Mitchell says Clarko came up with the idea. i.e. .. it was not Mitchells choice. It's like us giving Swanny a shove out the door. How would you have felt about that? First Boomer now Mitch... I don't like seeing all time club greats treated like this. And if you believe the stories, Mitchell has been playing for unders for years at the Hawks to help them with their cap and top up with guys like Lake. Wonder how he feels about having done that now?
Depends if 4 premierships or the coin matters more to him? Wonder if Buddy regrets losing the last 3 grand finals he's been in or if the $1 million a year makes it ok? Probably depends on the person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back