List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Social support makes up a pretty important part of therapy for cases of depression. If it is depression in Marsh's case, then the go home factor can be huge.
It could be bullshit but basing on your opinion on the 'playing' factor is indicative of a lack of understanding of depression unless you're just after a reaction. Well done, you got one but probably not the one you were after.
If Darcy Moore goes through this and needs to retire from footy I hope you are just as supportive.

If you're not willing to move city then why enter the draft then accept an offer from an interstate club. Cake, eating it etc.

Think we can extend these inter-staters a little compassion.

One day Dad's cooking you pancakes and Mum's giving you cuddles. Next day you're in a different state and Rocky or Heater are in charge of induction.

When I was 18 I fled a war-zone with $300 and a suitcase of clothes. My English improved, I went to university, and got a good job.

But I still tear-up whenever I think of my parents and Frankston.

The Brown and Brown thing is interesting and than there's a third Brown that has some impact with the wife playing for Collingwood's netball squad. I imagine the relationship wouldn't sour to bad considering the family would still have this link through the club.

I don't want Mitch Brown at Collingwood but I think it's important that N.Brown stays given we may be offloading Frost and also have the Marsh predicament.

Jeff Kennett says Hawthorn’s ‘clinical’ list management separates it from rival clubs
f9b7319f18a3e8a1a9fb2296ad15a999

MICHAEL WARNER, Herald Sun
October 15, 2016 5:45pm
Subscriber only
f9b7319f18a3e8a1a9fb2296ad15a999

HAWTHORN’S “clinical” approach to list management is what separates them from other clubs, former Hawks president Jeff Kennett declared on Friday.

Kennett gave a thumbs up to coach Alastair Clarkson’s treatment of club greats Sam Mitchell and Jordan Lewis.

“It’s what separates Hawthorn, in one sense, from the rest,” Kennett said.

“I’ve always said, in order to be successful in any organisation — and that includes sporting bodies — you’ve got to have very good people from top to bottom and you’ve got to have very good governance — and you can’t take your eye off what is the objective, and in a football club it is winning premierships.

“Over the years we have seen many clubs that have done well, won premierships and then dropped off the radar all together.”

Kennett said the Hawks fell away in 2009 after winning a flag, partly due to injuries, before replenishing the list to add three more premierships in 2013, 2014 and 2015.

“I look at what is happening now and see it as another highly-professional, terribly clinical act of professionalism,” Kennett said.

“When Hawthorn signed those four players earlier in the year — Shaun Burgoyne, Josh Gibson, Sam Mitchell and Luke Hodge — I thought to myself: ‘This is unsustainable, these guys are all very good contributors, but they’re all getting older and they’re all a little slower’.

“You can have one or two of them, but I didn’t think you could have four.

“What the club has done is knowing that, having identified people who will give us speed — and we must all admit that the AFL game as it is played today is faster than I have ever seen in my life — so unless you’ve got speed, particularly down the wings, you are limiting your opportunities.

“In the end, the club and the membership is bigger than any individual — and that is something Hawthorn has been able to demonstrate since about 2005.”

Please Gubby read the bolded part above and make it happen because no one at our Club has since 2010!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One day Dad's cooking you pancakes and Mum's giving you cuddles. Next day you're in a different state and Rocky or Heater are in charge of induction.

When I was 18 I fled a war-zone with $300 and a suitcase of clothes. My English improved, I went to university, and got a good job.

Lost it.

This is post of the year for me. The image invoked and use of contrast had me chortling out loud for ages. Brilliant - Rocky or Heater in charge of induction. And yet probably no laughing matter for those fresh faced lads at the tender mercy of such locker room King dicks. Sounds like your own story is an interesting one. Go Pies :)

What has how much they earn got to do with their right to choose where they live? They may be choosing to actually earn less to live in their city of choice. Why do people think players should not have the right to choose who they play for?

I used to think this way. And trust me I can understand the desire to be around family support, especially when you've got young kids like Gibbs et al.

However, listening to Harf on SEN has really changed my mind and given me a hard line stance.

Seriously these guys are getting paid a fortune to play professional sport in a national competition. If you want to get paid this money you have to accept that you are in fact part of a national competition and be willing to ply your trade anywhere.

If you're not that's fine. No one is forcing you to.

Therefore, if you're from WA and you want to be guaranteed to play footy in WA, go play in the WAFL. Same for SA and SANFL etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back