List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry Marley Williams is no Heath Shaw apart from the occasional eerily similar brain snaps. I was told that I had undeniable talent as a guitar player, I let it go to my head and spent ten years drinking and pretending I was going to make it without doing the work to polish my skills. As a result that undeniable talent never materialised into anything but playing in very minor leagues. The world is full of potential. A third rounder for Marley is speculative at best. Would take a very brave list manager
On talent Marley is worth a 2nd rounder IMO (I see him as having most X-factor of those that we've had on the trade table) but then that would have to be discounted for the risk that comes with him. 3rd-rounder probably fair but in this climate, 4th-rounder more likely. A bargain at that price.

We got absolutely dealt on this Witts trade. Two examples;

Shaun Hampson Carlton to Richmond for pick 32
Billy Longer to St Kilda for effectively pick 22 (and played 4 senior games that year also roughly same age as Witts)

Not your best Pies
Yeah I'm not happy with it, hopefully we can use it them to move up the order....

FWIW, I would like to see Marley stay and let him run further up the ground, from memory he started as a forward, could go OK in the Blair type role. If there are serious off field issues then let him go but at the moment it sounds like a lot of speculation without much substance.
Agree completely. The criticism he's gotten from supporters this year has been over the top. Short memory syndrome when you consider his 2015 season.

Billy Longer to St Kilda for effectively pick 22 (and played 4 senior games that year also roughly same age as Witts)

Not your best Pies

Gubby would have got GWS a 2nd round pick for Witts.

Dekka said they're meeting with GWS first up and Demons list management said Dunn will get done (heh) after our first bit of business. I'd be shocked if WHE isn't a Pie by 11am.

Hope you are Right

A little unders for Witts I would have thought.

People will say "But he was only playing in the VFL!"

Yeeeeeah, because the AFL side had arguably the in form ruckman of the competition playing ahead of him? Witts would have been playing seniors in at least 10 other sides this season.

Which element of his assessment was inaccurate? Wallace deserves the flak he cops more often than not, but his comments on Collingwood yesterday were quite reasonable, IMO.
It wasn't a balanced assessment. There was no consideration to injuries or age. It really sounded more a headline summary rather than an in depth analysis. When you compare it to Gay Buckanara or Chris Pelchan's analysis there is a severe lack of quality. He sounded more like a Barrett mouthpiece than a list expert.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO, Witts is grossly overrated by some on this board. Was given plenty of chances to cement a place in the 22 and constantly disappointed. Decent with his tap work but cant mark and has no aggression.

Not your best Pies

if you judge the return on investment, it is terrible. 6 years in the system?

Not your best Pies
Cam Wood to us for pick 14...

1 down, 6 to go.

I don't mind the deal. Just racking up some points for Brown and Daicos.

Could a three-way deal be done for Williams and Dunn?

Coll lose: Williams
Coll gain: Dunn

Melb lose: Dunn
Melb gain: #87 or #105

NM lose: #87 or #105
NM gain: Williams

North make out like bandits in this scenario IMO. Probably neither here nor there for Collingwood and Melbourne given that Williams and Dunn both seem on the outer at their respective clubs.

Not your best Pies
Possibly more an indictment on the Tiges and the Saints ? This year the value of a current player against picks has skewed the opposite direction. In the most broad terms we have turned a NSW Scholarship player into the picks that get us sons of guns. In another 3 years Witts could be lauded as the Golden Goose ?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back