List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Keep going back to that mysterious absence early year...
Strike-ONE.jpg

Typical Hine. If you don't ask him directly he won't comment. No one brought it up.

Interestingly Melb were asked about Dunn and their response was 'will get to it later, Pies have something on the go first.'

I say on the go us the WHE Trade.

Dunn trade take 10 minutes top to do

Its a buyers market this year for some reason. This has been competition wide. Clubs just are not prepared to give much up this year. I am not sure if this is a reflection on the draft - whether it is particularly deep this year or not - or a new attitude that if a player wants to move like Cloke, Lewis then you effectively just let them go as long as you are not paying their salary.

I do not think it is a reflection of their true value, its just the current market. In other years you could definitely expect more. Last year Witts was valued at a first rounder and refused to go to GWS.
A lot of clubs seem to need to move players to ease cap pressure this year. We are no different with trav. I think this makes it a buyers market.

FWIW, I would like to see Marley stay and let him run further up the ground, from memory he started as a forward, could go OK in the Blair type role. If there are serious off field issues then let him go but at the moment it sounds like a lot of speculation without much substance.

Typical Hine. If you don't ask him directly he won't comment. No one brought it up.

Interestingly Melb were asked about Dunn and their response was 'will get to it later, Pies have something on the go first.'

Hopefully the Dunn deal runs out of time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bartel said in interview he's interested in getting into admin and list management side of the game. Be good if he started his apprenticeship with us. Would be a great guy to have around the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back