List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

NAB AFL Trade Radio ‏@traderadio 1m1 minute ago

DONE DEAL | Bulldogs trade pick 25 and 43 to the Suns for picks 26 and 80

Witts gets us pick 43 maybe?

Hopefully we might do a Few Trades now in the next 30 Minutes.

I do feel bit Ripped Off but helps get Brown and Daicos

Not impressed with the Witts trade. - Takes best part of 2 weeks & we end of with 44 & 62?
I hope we will see something a little better than that for the others, but I'm not holding out hope.

Form is temporary, talent is permanent. Williams has undeniable talent but needs to get his head right. The parallels with Heath Shaw are evident. From a trade point of view, you don't value an asset on its past earnings but on its risk-weighted future earnings potential.
Sorry Marley Williams is no Heath Shaw apart from the occasional eerily similar brain snaps. I was told that I had undeniable talent as a guitar player, I let it go to my head and spent ten years drinking and pretending I was going to make it without doing the work to polish my skills. As a result that undeniable talent never materialised into anything but playing in very minor leagues. The world is full of potential. A third rounder for Marley is speculative at best. Would take a very brave list manager

Interpreting Hine on Trade Radio:

WHE - in

Dunn - in

Cloke and Frost - no stress will get done (spoke warmly of both boys)

Goldsack - staying (named him as part of backline)

Williams - out but he could not care less about him (said 'no idea' with un-Hine-like dismissal)
Looks like Williams has burnt his bridges - stupid P&^%k.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

534c64c051bf7a13382fabafe99743c06d75ce6beea9742c1e9b4bc254957c17.jpg

Very fair deal. Witts has talent but your value is very limited when you are not paying ones. We get picks with points. 44 might even go to GWS for WHE which would be a good outcome for us.

yes - although what might have been if he'd gone to GWS as part of the Treloar trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back