List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

1 down, 6 to go.

I don't mind the deal. Just racking up some points for Brown and Daicos.

Could a three-way deal be done for Williams and Dunn?

Coll lose: Williams
Coll gain: Dunn

Melb lose: Dunn
Melb gain: #87 or #105

NM lose: #87 or #105
NM gain: Williams

North make out like bandits in this scenario IMO. Probably neither here nor there for Collingwood and Melbourne given that Williams and Dunn both seem on the outer at their respective clubs.
straight swap Williams for Dunn! no way, we would get reamed. 2015 Marley was arguably 40 man AA squad

1 down, 6 to go.

I don't mind the deal. Just racking up some points for Brown and Daicos.

Could a three-way deal be done for Williams and Dunn?

Coll lose: Williams
Coll gain: Dunn

Melb lose: Dunn
Melb gain: #87 or #105

NM lose: #87 or #105
NM gain: Williams

North make out like bandits in this scenario IMO. Probably neither here nor there for Collingwood and Melbourne given that Williams and Dunn both seem on the outer at their respective clubs.

Need a Trade every 40 Minutes or so to get all done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm disappointed in the Witts deal. I was hoping that we could upgrade our 2nd round pick (although that may still happen in the Frost deal).

I am with you mate. Very poor deal for mine given history. If we give Marley up for more than it costs to bring Dunn will be disappointed.

I am hopeful we can swap Frost and 44 (and possibly another late) for Lions pick 22. Dont think Lions will do it so may end up being 2017 selection.

Suspect WHE might be a 2017 selection and then Williams in an effective swap for Dunn I guess but I would have though Marley worth slightly more. Suspect Cloke for 61 or pick that comes for Hrovat or Stevens.

IMO, Witts is grossly overrated by some on this board. Was given plenty of chances to cement a place in the 22 and constantly disappointed. Decent with his tap work but cant mark and has no aggression.
We definitely gave him chances to lock in a spot and we often preferred him over Grundy including round 1 this year from memory.

We got Witts for nothing, so we have actually finished in front.

do you run a business? you'd go broke.

we have spent 6 (?) years on him. its not about what he cost initially its what he has cost to train, maintain and his salary. add it all up and it would be close to a million.

you underestimate Witts Jmac. We got unders on that trade. should have been mid 20s not roughly 34

What if we get WHE for pick 44? Turning Witts into WHE seems like a decent win to me.

when is cayne cornes going to give up on WHE being worth a first rounder, when in the next breath he says Lyons from Adelaide who played 20 games this year is a low 40s pick. WHE played 2 games in 2016, and was a frist rounder in 2011! a bit of water has gone under the bridge since 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back