List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Or Belle Du Jour in the 2000 slipper, now that was a late run!
Astonishing win but it was more of a case she missed the start by panels.
But I'll have no issues with Ed shouting the bar like Singo if we come away from this trade period with the chokies.

I wonder how late they are talking with marley? That's disappointing because he is surely a top 50 at minimum.

There's clearly some off field issues here, as ordinary as he was this year he's still worth a third rounder. We must really want him out of the club.

I wonder how late they are talking with marley? That's disappointing because he is surely a top 50 at minimum.
I honestly don;t understand this . Marley's disposal is awful. He played most f the year in the 2's in a club that finished 12th. yes he played well two years ago, but that is ancient history. Right now Marley Williams is not an AFL standard footballer

Interpreting Hine on Trade Radio:

WHE - in

Dunn - in

Cloke and Frost - no stress will get done

Goldsack - staying

Williams - out but he could not care less about him

Something definitely strange has happened there. Marley was at the Copeland so I thought maybe things were fine. But after seeing those comments from Hine, there is clearly a breakdown in relationship.

Ideal scenario for me is:
  • Ensuring we get enough points to secure both F/S boys without having to dip into next years lot and whilst maintaining an unassigned pick in the top 30
  • Pick up WHE
  • Add another key position player
  • Not get bent over by clubs
Not a lot to ask for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Astonishing win but it was more of a case she missed the start by panels.
But I'll have no issues with Ed shouting the bar like Singo if we come away from this trade period with the chokies.

How a horse could miss the start in a 1200m race against real quality horses by that much and still win was breath taking best win I have seen.

Club backed his character very publicly after the assault case. I am guessing here but his off-field behaviour, his attitude and his associations since then may have really put some noses out of joint.

Have a feeling we don't know the whole story with Marley.

Williams for a pick in 80 / 90s is a steal. Having said that we didnt offer him a contract and we didnt really get any other bids. Clearly bit of smoke around him and ball use terrible.

9 minutes ago
DEREK HINE HERE

The Pies are confident with everything on their plate today.

List manager Derek Hine said the Travis Cloke, Will Hoskin-Elliott and Jack Frost deals should get done.

"We've just got to finalise a few little details with Travis Cloke and Frosty."
Re: Cloke "We've got a heads of agreement in place."

Re: Williams "I wouldn't have a clue. Seriously."

Re: Will Hoskin-Elliott "We're just about to catch up with the boys from Greater Western Sydney now."

Re: Lynden Dunn – “He can fill a role for us"

I honestly don;t understand this . Marley's disposal is awful. He played most f the year in the 2's in a club that finished 12th. yes he played well two years ago, but that is ancient history. Right now Marley Williams is not an AFL standard footballer
Form is temporary, talent is permanent. Williams has undeniable talent but needs to get his head right. The parallels with Heath Shaw are evident. From a trade point of view, you don't value an asset on its past earnings but on its risk-weighted future earnings potential.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back