List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Club backed his character very publicly after the assault case. I am guessing here but his off-field behaviour, his attitude and his associations since then may have really put some noses out of joint.

Have a feeling we don't know the whole story with Marley.
I mentioned in a previous post I got told a couple of months ago by someone with strong links to the club that Marley was gone and it was because of his off field issues.

It seems no club values anything we have to trade. Cloke, Witts, Williams all going for way less than BF posters seem to think they're worth (although the talk of a 1st or 2nd rounder for Witts was always delusional). Williams is the one that I think we'll ultimately regret the most.

Its a buyers market this year for some reason. This has been competition wide. Clubs just are not prepared to give much up this year. I am not sure if this is a reflection on the draft - whether it is particularly deep this year or not - or a new attitude that if a player wants to move like Cloke, Lewis then you effectively just let them go as long as you are not paying their salary.

I do not think it is a reflection of their true value, its just the current market. In other years you could definitely expect more. Last year Witts was valued at a first rounder and refused to go to GWS.

Listening to the Hine interview I don't think he was disrespecting Marley. I think he was just putting the ball in the Roos court.
Give us a reasonable offer.

Well I don't think Marley has a Ton of Fan at Collingwood;)

We are giving Marley away for a packet of chips and if we still can't get a buyer he will be delisted I reckon. Hine very dismissive -also didn't sound like their is much of a conversation happening between Marley / manager and the club.

Whatever is happening for the kid off field, club not happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club backed his character very publicly after the assault case. I am guessing here but his off-field behaviour, his attitude and his associations since then may have really put some noses out of joint.

Have a feeling we don't know the whole story with Marley.

Keep going back to that mysterious absence early year...

9 minutes ago
DEREK HINE HERE

The Pies are confident with everything on their plate today.

List manager Derek Hine said the Travis Cloke, Will Hoskin-Elliott and Jack Frost deals should get done.

"We've just got to finalise a few little details with Travis Cloke and Frosty."
Re: Cloke "We've got a heads of agreement in place."

Re: Williams "I wouldn't have a clue. Seriously."

Re: Will Hoskin-Elliott "We're just about to catch up with the boys from Greater Western Sydney now."

Re: Lynden Dunn – “He can fill a role for us"
Nothing on Witts?

9 minutes ago
DEREK HINE HERE

The Pies are confident with everything on their plate today.

List manager Derek Hine said the Travis Cloke, Will Hoskin-Elliott and Jack Frost deals should get done.

"We've just got to finalise a few little details with Travis Cloke and Frosty."
Re: Cloke "We've got a heads of agreement in place."

Re: Williams "I wouldn't have a clue. Seriously."

Re: Will Hoskin-Elliott "We're just about to catch up with the boys from Greater Western Sydney now."

Re: Lynden Dunn – “He can fill a role for us"
WHE - My interpretation, GWS need to clear his salary before sorting a trade deal for Deledio. Hopefully 2017 3rd rounder.

Williams - I heard that and thought he was surprised anyone had expressed an interest in Marley. It sounded like no one has spoken to Hine about him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back