Collingwood - us v them campaign

Remove this Banner Ad

Since the AFL cnhanged it's name to the AFL Collingwood have won 2 flags and finished runner up 3 times. That's 5 grand finals - nearly 1/4 of grand finals played in that time not withstanding enduring what was probably Collingwood's least successful decade post 1990.

A few clubs have won an extra flag and all Collingwood supporters would have liked to have converted more than 2 to wins but calling Collingwood unsuccessful in the modern era is only accurate with reference to thier own history.

More supporters and money to throw around to become better than anyone else.

The game today is more about how to get the players the best prepared and Collingwood are leading because of all the money they have at their disposal.

Pies get a 100 metre head start every year before the season begins.

Not their fault.

Just the way it is.

When other clubs win flags,they EARN THEM more I reckon.

Add to that,a successful Pies team,makes Andy D. happier because of the bigger crowds and they get great fixtures every year.

The other clubs do it a bit harder.

Eddie did take them up from debt but they've always had a massive supporter base to draw from.

I think Richmond can do the same.

Still get big crowds and we have a massive base that will refuse to sign up because of the last 30 years.

Our supporters need to believe again which I believe they are.

Out of all the clubs,we have the potential to be massive because of our song,our colours, our location(I reckon is the best in the league)and the unswaving passion of our supporters.

I know one thing.

If Richmond win a flag,the party will be the biggest on the planet!

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood - us v them campaign

Remove this Banner Ad

Back