Collingwood - us v them campaign

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon were last relevant about 10 years ago. Apart from Carlton & Hawthorn, no one really cares for that club anymore.

Hawthorn are more interested with Geelong as it is.

Thank you for that valuable contribution to the thread. Last I checked, this thread was about Collingwood not Essendon, so your comment is at best off topic and at worst a troll. Besides, he was simply a making a point that it isn't just Collingwood that cops it; no need to descend into gutter sniping like that.

As for this campaign, good luck to the Pies I guess. Fits in nicely with Eddie behaving like a turkey with the Pendlebury thing yesterday; if he reckons Collingwood supporters are more likely to respond and get on board with this siege mentality, then really you have to admire his ingenuity.

But this perception that everyone's number one enemy is Collingwood is just pure crap. For one, I'd be confident in saying a majority of Essendon supporters have a far greater disdain for Carlton. Personally, Collingwood are actually quite a "meh" team for me.

But if it makes Pies supporters feel better about themselves believing they're hated across the board, then all everyone else can do is shrug their shoulders.

Not a good slogan.

But I'd be angry and revengeful after another GF loss.

Hope all opposition clubs pin that in the locker rooms.

Us against them aye?

Bring em on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Lets out cage of Tigers towards Pie cheer squad.)

Carna TIGES!

Thank you for that valuable contribution to the thread. Last I checked, this thread was about Collingwood not Essendon, so your comment is at best off topic and at worst a troll. Besides, he was simply a making a point that it isn't just Collingwood that cops it; no need to descend into gutter sniping like that.

As for this campaign, good luck to the Pies I guess. Fits in nicely with Eddie behaving like a turkey with the Pendlebury thing yesterday; if he reckons Collingwood supporters are more likely to respond and get on board with this siege mentality, then really you have to admire his ingenuity.

But this perception that everyone's number one enemy is Collingwood is just pure crap. For one, I'd be confident in saying a majority of Essendon supporters have a far greater disdain for Carlton. Personally, Collingwood are actually quite a "meh" team for me.

But if it makes Pies supporters feel better about themselves believing they're hated across the board, then all everyone else can do is shrug their shoulders.

True.;)

Every club has bogan supporters, the Collingwood minority are just exceptionally stupid. No club should be judged by the action of a minority of their supporters.

I hate to admit it, while the minority of Collingwood morons are horrible to be around at the footy, they are a significant minority. Go to a game against Carlton or Essendon and person for person I would much rather be stuck next to an average Collingwood supporter than the mouthbreathers that fill the ranks of the other two of the big three.

LOL, Not sure if serious. I've sat next to Carlton supporters in a few Rd 1 games and they are much better to sit next to than Collingwood supporters.

Also found out alot of people still in this modern age follow the stereotype mentality you should all be very proud remember a large % of Pies supporters should not go to games so looks like the one thing I love I'll have to watch from my 32cm TV in my prison cell

How long after that did you find out that they have won sweet f a in the last 50 years of the competition.

I don't really care if they see it as us versus them, because as far as I can see. "Them" are doing a fair job at denying the pies premierships.

The campaign will obviously work though - know your market and know what motivates them. Good to see Eddie backing the campaign with his high profile in the media. I will say that Collingwood have the best integrated marketing campaign in the AFL. Almost everything they do reinforces their brand and engenders loyalty among fans and members.

They're not trying to win over anyone, just motivate those supporters that already exist to support the club financially.

this is one of the mosty important threads in Big Football history.

It has brought Collingwood and non-Collingwood supporters together as we have explored and understood each other's positions and ideas.

We have laughed and cried together.

And now US v Them is unnecccessary.

Because we are all together in the love of our game.

Collingwood and non-Collingwood supporters can come together.

When you go to a Collingwood game next year, come down to the cheer squad and give a Collingwood supporter a handshake and a hug and we can watch the game together; looking through the other persons eyes and seeing their opinions.

All we are saying at Collingwood is give peace a chance.

Yes, sirey.

There is no doubt that John Lennon was a Collingwood supporter.

All we are saying....

Cool-Pictures-John-Lennon-9.jpg

..is give peace a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or what about stealing something directly from WWE.

mship-fc-161109-246-1.jpg

The Rock, a well known Collingwood supporter when he is in town, should have sued.

Except it was too funny.

Carlton’s slogan in 2012 should be:-

This year, we want to be taken seriously!

That whole campaign sounds like another Eddie McGuire sooky sook. Typical.

Carlton were by far the worst of the teams that visited Subi this year. Repulsive drunken bogans. Deeply disrespectful and offensive.

Oh dear god, this is too funny. 'Deepy disrespectful and offensive' Did a supporter say something mean to you, petal?
Who knows, maybe we were the worst visitors, but Fremantle fans are far and large the worst supporters I encounter on a regular basis. I'm not sure if they actually understand much about football at all.

I don't hate Collingwood, they haven't been successful enough in the modern era (AFL) to rate being hated.
We've won twice as many premierships in the modern era as you have in your whole history. Intriguing to what you consider successful considering only Brisbane, West Coast and Geelong have only won 1 more premiership each in this period with them being considered most sucessful.

Since the AFL cnhanged it's name to the AFL Collingwood have won 2 flags and finished runner up 3 times. That's 5 grand finals - nearly 1/4 of grand finals played in that time not withstanding enduring what was probably Collingwood's least successful decade post 1990.

A few clubs have won an extra flag and all Collingwood supporters would have liked to have converted more than 2 to wins but calling Collingwood unsuccessful in the modern era is only accurate with reference to thier own history.

Always a clever move. Side By Side was also very good.

Credit where it's due.

I heard Pert speaking at a function and Collingwwod activaley incorporate the most hated club aspect into their marketing to raise membership numbers. Thus far thay have been excellent at doing it.

And why not? people follow clubs to belong. They want to be a part of it. So having the skill to harness that need is brilliant IMO.

Good on them. It creates passionate tribalism which translates into memberships and big $$ for the club.

Hate is Collingwood's biggest marketing asset, so why not use it to the max.

My boss is a Melbourne supporter. I reckon he goes to about 2 games a year maximum. But every meeting we have, he spends the first half hour on a diatribe of how much he hates Collingwood and Collingwood supporters. Every second day. Like it is original and no one has heard it before...and he thinks he is funny.

My boss is a keen Collingwood supporter - we get on very well.

I recommend you get a new job - somewhere out of Victoria would be good.

didn't nick reiwoldt bring in an us vs them statement at some st kilda dinner?? just saying...

I think it was something along the lines of taking what had hurt you, bottling it and using it for motivation the next year.

Great advice if you don't have to contend with unpredictable & underage sociopathic stalker types making up the "them" but then again, Collingwood are allowed to have fans at the games too...

Collingwood could just have used a slogan.

We are United.

The general idea out of pieland is the bond between the team and players and how both feed off the other.

In the last few years, I have found it extra-ordinary how close the players get to the supporters these days. This is especially brilliant for my young kids who actually get to meet and chat to their superstar heros.

This was unheard of in the 80s and early 90s.

For this marketing strategy Collingwood should be congratulated.

After all a slogan is a slogan.

It is your actions that are important.

Collingwood’s actions have brought the playing group and supporters closer together.

That is the most important marketing campaign of all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood - us v them campaign

Remove this Banner Ad

Back