Preview Collingwood vs Essendon, ANZAC Day @ Melbourne Cricket Ground, 2:40PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Absolute waste of text..

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d1=1690&tid2=5&pid2=1820&type=A&fid1=C&fid2=C

According to "factual statistics" Brent Caffer scores more times then H. Hocking in his career on average. In fact in "half" the amount of games.

I have friends who are Essendon supporters and talk absolute nonsense like yourself. It just takes some hard stats to bring them down to earth with the rest of us.

You're an idiot.

First of all - Ben The Goober was comparing Macaffer to Crowley, so your nonsense "stat" is not even relevant to his argument.

Second of all - Macaffer was previously a small forward so ofcourse he is going to have more goals than Hocking who was previously a defender.

^ Absolute waste of text..

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d1=1690&tid2=5&pid2=1820&type=A&fid1=C&fid2=C

According to "factual statistics" Brent Caffer scores more times then H. Hocking in his career on average. In fact in "half" the amount of games.

I have friends who are Essendon supporters and talk absolute nonsense like yourself. It just takes some hard stats to bring them down to earth with the rest of us.

Using 'Factual Statistics' Hocking has had 100% more goals that Brent Macaffer this year. 20% more disposals, and was subbed off. 33% less frees than Macaffer too. I have friends who are a pain in the arse quoting statistics, when the obvious can be seen with the naked eye.

Good lord, Jeffrey. You smoked grog?

His nickname was originally, as a kid, Bomba. It sort of morphed into Bomber because he played for Essendon.
yeah bomber is way better than bomba,
just like twisters are way better than flayvas

Why expend the energy?

I don't know how Blues supporters can do it for all those times Kreuzer touches the ball.

In their defence it is the only thing that spud number 1 pick does, they don't waste too much energy anyway lol

Granted not a great deal, but that's not what this is about. He said Hocking works for goals and Caff doesn't when in a tagging role. Even if you change the stats to this season. You will find they are almost the same. I'm not looking to start a fight. But i hate it when people talk shit, and have no factual basis. That's all.

Good luck tomorrow!

What you have said doesnt have much text either to be honest.. only factual evidence you have provided is that caff has hit the scorebaord more due to played most of his career as a fwd/mid rather than a stopper, where as hocking has mostly being used as a tagger through his career.. is that right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goddard out.. after a 'minor' injury turns into two weeks.. probably an 8 week injury..

Without Goddard we will struggle.
****. We will be 2-4 after tomorrow. How did our season go so pear shaped after our great start?:(

****. We will be 2-4 after tomorrow. How did our season go so pear shaped after our great start?:(

You guys are way to pessimistic! We almost beat Hawthorn 3 weeks ago! Winders is an instant upgrade in our forwardline to that day, Ryder is back. I am more confident that last week. It is so typical us, lost to spud teams and beat top sides! You watch, we will win.

You guys are way to pessimistic! We almost beat Hawthorn 3 weeks ago! Winders is an instant upgrade in our forwardline to that day, Ryder is back. I am more confident that last week. It is so typical us, lost to spud teams and beat top sides! You watch, we will win.

Hmmmm. Not sure. First week I haven't been bullish about our chances tbh.

We have played some very ugly football, struggle to score over 65 on a regular basis and seem near dysfunctional on a strategic level. I honestly don't know how we got to this point after a stirring start to the season.

I can only hope against hope against hope that we come out and smash the Pies. Nothing would make me happier.

Winders and Ambrose back in are a massive help to our dysfunctional forward line and Paddy will be all the better for getting a game under his belt last week despite how average it was.

We need one of our talls working out of the square to give us an actual target up front rather than the wide open plains we had last week.

20131025_chapman_hero.jpg

This bloke was born to play in games like this.

So Goddard's not there. Just gives someone else the opportunity to fire.
i wish i was as optimistic as you for the game :( as long as at the games a good one and we don't look like road kill at the end of it.

Hmmmm. Not sure. First week I haven't been bullish about our chances tbh.

We have played some very ugly football, struggle to score over 65 on a regular basis and seem near dysfunctional on a strategic level. I honestly don't know how we got to this point after a stirring start to the season.

I can only hope against hope against hope that we come out and smash the Pies. Nothing would make me happier.

To be fair Freo in Freo is possibly the hardest trip in the AFL now. Would not be 1 bit surprised if no-one beats them at home. Forget that game. We lost to Hawthorn, we were 2 minutes from winning that game. Last week half the side was sick. Not saying it was a good performance but there were excuses. We will win, trust me. Even without Goddard....Dempsey upgrades our HB/wing line...Ambrose/Winders gives us 5-6 goals combined. That is an instant upgrade. Be confident, enough of this pessimistic rubbish!

Plus, this game is at the G...

Good, we play well there in recent times, helps our forwardline. The key will be the midfield, in particular Swan, Pendles and to a lesser degree Beams. These three especially the first one need to have tags.

Ok no Goddard or Bellchambers, but Dempsey, Winderlich and Ambrose add a massive up swing in running.

Carlisle to play deep forward and J Daniher to help out in the ruck as they have youngsters in there too. Daniher to work hard from half forward so that mids can play through him, Carlisle to push high only to chase the ball if he's struggling. I'm guessing if given the chance to not ruck he'll respond to the roast in the best possible way.

I wanted Winderlich down back to cover Dempsey's run. However, Dempsey back with Winderlich and Chappy up forward transforms everything. Those two will have smarts and leadership that will also instruct Ambrose and Hardinham where to go so that there unbelievable athletic ability (running and jumping respectively) will be utilised best.

Dempsey will also improve our side more than just what he can do. It means that one of him or Hibberd will get loose and it also means that combined with Fletcher and Baguely the four of them should cover us to not be exposed out the back if we push hard in a zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back