Collingwood vs Hawthorn Matchday Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

The inability to kick straight was bound to hurt us sooner or later. Strangely enough, if I was going to back anyone, I would have backed Beams. Seems the yips are contagious.

Our backline has been fantastic all season now 1 week to finals look like a mess, Harry, Max, Shaw all look poor dunno what to do??
And well goal kicking lol!!

There you have it, our inaccuracy cost us the game.

Not the first time, been happening the last few years. People on this board think we will miraculously fix the goalkicking yips, they need to wake up to the fact it won't happen. We have to just prey that we have at least 10 more shots than the opposition in the next few weeks because if we don't forget about a premiership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well we always wondered, if it came to the last kick, how would we fair?

Beams has a poor conversion rate, didn't surprise me that he missed.

Dead rubber, I know, but still peeved at losing to the Dawks.

There you have it, our inaccuracy cost us the game.
It was always a matter of time when it would. A team can't constantly kick so poorly and continue winning.
cant believe he missed
I can. Dayne Beams conversion has been awful this season. I couldn't watch the kick because I felt there was more chance that he would miss it than kick it. He had a chance to show that he can kick straight, but he stuffed it up again.

Our backline has been fantastic all season now 1 week to finals look like a mess, Harry, Max, Shaw all look poor dunno what to do??
And well goal kicking lol!!

Old Presti seems to have been the keystone.

The backline are off definitely the boil.

The inability to kick straight was bound to hurt us sooner or later. Strangely enough, if I was going to back anyone, I would have backed Beams. Seems the yips are contagious.

You realise Beams has kicked 24.27 this year. He's a worse shot at goal than Cloke

he normally misses them in general traffic.not as a set shot

Incorrect, he is the worst set shot in the team statistically. Hence why he went 29 in the draft.

Only person in our team who would guarantee a goal in a pressure situation is Didak, anyone else no.

Hmm much to think about tonight

to be honest I'm not concerned

bring presti and Benny j straight in next week for jmac and Rambo

had a feeling they'd pip us...this accuracy thing though:eek:...

Add dids and Leroy

On scoring analysis, we don't seem to be able to shut down those bursts where opposition score in a quick flurry. It's a worry. They really need to see what's happening when opposition have these breakouts. Cats did it too. Is there a lame duck in centre rotations (unaccountable, not defensive enough)?

Yeah I notice that. For some reason i had him as a dead eye dick.

(also woeful..game clencher almost dead in front from 35...)
i imagine it doesn't get noticed as much because cloke really shanks them! (and admittedly, if cloke's out of bounds were included his % would be even lower)

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood vs Hawthorn Matchday Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back