Collingwood vs StKilda - NAB Cup Round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

geez i am so excited about this season, we are so much better this year.
heata and harry were amazing down back, toovey played shiit i reckon, wtf has happened to nath brown.
leroy brown, was really good.
Luke Ball star
Jolly i went ******* when he kicked the 9 pointer.
Beams yeh very good when he came on.
and presti well what else can we say but just pure workhorse like presti.
well done pies, we won in a normal match, cant wait till round 3 we will beat the saints, cant wait till the bloody season.
GO THE PIES 2010

I had a great time doing the Tooooooovvvveeeeyyy chant tonight, although I only got to do it once, haha.

I was screaming 'LEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOYYYYY' heaps, as well.

There was also a really ironic moment where one of our players had the ball and got tackled, and the Saints supporters yelled "BAALLL!!" at the top of their voices, then the ball slipped out to Ball and he disposed of it nicely. I was like "that's our chant now!" :p

SHHH, no one wants to hear the truth.:p:p

You are 100% right though, 2 point win with AFL rules.:thumbsu:
You played well and I really liked the look of Ball and some of your defenders, but St Kilda had 8 of their grand-final side missing for this game. Don't get too over-confident.

Do you realise at the 2006 Draft you could have had Armitage instead of Reid.....looks like a poor selection.:rolleyes:
Do you realise at the 2009 Draft you could have had Luke Ball and Pick #16 instead of absolutely nothing? Looks like a poor selection.

Do you realise at the 2006 Draft you could have had Armitage instead of Reid.....looks like a poor selection.:rolleyes:

Do you realize that if you chose to barrack for Collingwood you woud've had 14 flags instead of 1 ?

You do realise you could have had Chris Judd instead of Luke Ball... Who you also don't have now :eek:

Also, have a look who went 9 picks after Josh Houlihan (who?)... I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Armitage is just a second rate version of Ball anyway, thankfully we didn't have to spend a first rounder getting either :D

Beams should have started.. We should have had Sidebottom tag someone like i said pre-game.

Positives. Leroy Brown should be at FULL FOWARD.
Put Anthony on a Half forward flank.

Cloke cannot kick 1 goal 5 or something is absolutely pathetic.

has anyone actually bothered to watch the DVD?

It was "so so", but to be fair the highlights I had in my minds eye was directed by James Cameron shown at a fully catered heavenly Super- IMAX in 3D, enriched with hyperreal colours like in Avatar, so I really shouldnt have been disappointed with the freebie season recap. ;).

My cherished 2009 Pies highlights fill the horizon with their heroics acts of brilliance, endeavour and unpredictability played in real time and with slow mo playback from multiple angles.

Constructive criticism - could have offered more highlights from more games.

A win would have been nice, but it was good for the guys to blow out some cobwebs. Unless I'm mistaken we seem to have escaped injury free, which I was really worried about when I got to the ground and saw the condition of it. Ball and Jolly will be better for a hit out with their new teammates as well.

A trip to Alice Springs is a bit of a disruption to our preparation so I say send the B team up there, and let the main men have a run at Visy park. We did something similar to this in 2008 if memory serves.

Armitage?

Bugger me what a gun we missed out on..

You are a ********

Last nights match showed us that when we can switch it on and put pressure on the opposition we can beat anyone. Sure Stkillda didnt have Hayes and Dal Santo which are gun midfielders but with the way we played in the last queter and a half i dont think they would have made a huge difference. It was our first hit out for the year against another afl club and it took us a while to start playing some good footy but we finished off strong i was really happy with the way we played from half way through the third till the end. L Brown kicked 4 straight which is really impressive because last year he couldnt kick a goal to save his life. But i was impressed with the way Nathan Brown played i dont think he can play deffence and the only position for him is the forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldnt read to much into the game.

It was both teams first hit out for the season.

Midway through the 3rd when we were down by 43 we showed alot to get back within a kick.

Alot of positive signs in my opinion.

Let the st kilda supporters have their smart comments it really doesnt mean anything.

Only the NAB cup and cant wait for the season proper.

So Armi, has his best game ever in a NAB cup first rounder, midfielder.
Versus Reid, the youngest player in that draft & a KPP.

Good call phallus.

Make no mistake about it, leaving the ground last night, left me under no illusion that we are serious title challenger.

Jolly and Ball both showed their importance to us and played very well.

Cloke was my second big story for the night. He moved very well, marked strongly, was a physical presence and finally had the radar working in the 3rd. He may have ended up with 2.5 or whatever it was, however, it is positive that he is taking marks inside 50 and having shots on goal ala Buddy. The more shots on goal he has, the greater his confidence will be in his kicking.

Many others played well too i.e. Harry O, Leigh Brown, Maxy etc.

The only pressing issue I had for the whole game were our forward structures at times- particularly the first quarter. At one stage, we had Wood and Brown both in the goal-square. That's fine, except for the fact that there were no smalls/mediums within 50m of them. It went in alot very early but was repelled far too easy once the ball hit the deck. Just looked too top heavy without the crumbers close to goal. Need to always have 1-2 smalls around the big men at all times.

Overall, we're coming people.

I wouldnt read to much into the game.

It was both teams first hit out for the season.

Midway through the 3rd when we were down by 43 we showed alot to get back within a kick.

Alot of positive signs in my opinion.

Let the st kilda supporters have their smart comments it really doesnt mean anything.

Only the NAB cup and cant wait for the season proper.

my thoughts exactly......
ill also add... its a NAB game..
- g.brown was coach...
- Cloke will be a star for us...
- Ball (my new favourite player along with dids) and Jolly will be the best recruits of the year...
- our young guns are exactly that...
- our forward line will settle down further once we get jack and maybe rusling in there...
- St.kilda was very lucky at times last night - 10.1 in not the norm when
kicking goals so they were fortunate in this regard..
- Were it not for super goal we actually won i believe...
- We didnt lose 4 points...
- many of our good players played bad games - this wont be the norm in 2010
- and finally if your here trying to bag us (and you claim to be one of us) take a chill pill and wait till round 5 when you can see what the true story for 2010 is.. FLAG IS IN THE BAG!

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood vs StKilda - NAB Cup Round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back