Collingwood vs StKilda - NAB Cup Round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

30-32k?!? Matty when we play Richmond last year in cousins debut the crowd was less then 30, in fact all our crowds bar the nab gf were less then 30.

Max 25,000 and certainly no pressing need to book

Opti, did you get your membership yet? Despite tormenting the Membership dept, I still haven't received mine.

Opti, did you get your membership yet? Despite tormenting the Membership dept, I still haven't received mine.

you guys should just get your memberships sent to a Interstate postal address and then get that person to fwd it to you. Would have had it back in November :D :thumbsu:

No not yet, according to reeves the latest it will be here is tuesday.
So I'll remain nice until Tuesday

30-32k?!? Matty when we play Richmond last year in cousins debut the crowd was less then 30, in fact all our crowds bar the nab gf were less then 30.

Max 25,000 and certainly no pressing need to book

The Richmond game was round 2 last year (after we beat WCE at Subi), and there were 37k there, but that was a bit out of the ordinairy due to the Cousins factor.

The Essendon/Collingwood semi had only 26k, and the GF had 37k, so I'll stick with my original estimate as the Ball vs Stkilda factor may push the crowd up a little.

NO!!!!!!!

I'm more old school horse's head in his bed godfather 1 style

Stick his head under that sleek, winged crossbar thing you have on the back of your car.

They sent me a 2009 highlights DVD and a spare lanyard, but the pocket for my menbership card was empty.:(

Stick his head under that sleek, winged crossbar thing you have on the back of your car.

They sent me a 2009 highlights DVD and a spare lanyard, but the pocket for my menbership card was empty.:(
has anyone actually bothered to watch the DVD?

Back to the game i really want to win badly and win by some margin. Yes im expecting a lot but im getting pumped.

Even the mrs is pumped and she is a Swans supporter. She is coming to the pub to watch with the SA Magpies group cause she is obsessed with Darren Jolly. She is shattered he left them and i have coloured in her Jolly Swan magnet with black and white lol

Even the mrs is pumped and she is a Swans supporter. She is coming to the pub to watch with the SA Magpies group cause she is obsessed with Darren Jolly. She is shattered he left them and i have coloured in her Jolly Swan magnet with black and white lol

haha :thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd go the "casual fishing trip" route.

Nothing but the tortured call of the loons over still water. Then...."pop":D

Cue violin concerto.

That is so poetic.:thumbsu:

has anyone actually bothered to watch the DVD?

I have. It's short, and almost as good as a Youtube by Mars or Favourites, but not quite.

Back to the game i really want to win badly and win by some margin. Yes im expecting a lot but im getting pumped.

Jolly is very goodlooking.

Don't think you can really stop a player of his quality. Just have to make sure most of his possessions are outside 50 or on a tight angle and stop his supply. Like we did with jonno brown last year with our come from behind win.

Play 2 players on him, one for the first 20 minutes each quarter and one for the last few minutes. He burns his opponents at the end of quarters.

Outs for the Saints appear to be Hayes, Dal Santo, Koschitzke, Gram, Baker, Dempster, J Smith, McQualter & Eddy.

Pies by 4 goals for me, I think the Saints will be happy to hide away until round 1.

Play 2 players on him, one for the first 20 minutes each quarter and one for the last few minutes. He burns his opponents at the end of quarters.

Outs for the Saints appear to be Hayes, Dal Santo, Koschitzke, Gram, Baker, Dempster, J Smith, McQualter & Eddy.

Pies by 4 goals for me, I think the Saints will be happy to hide away until round 1.

You had more than that out against the Hawks last year. I reckon there's a few guys trying to impress for R1. Should be a close one

I disagree to a certain extent.
I think Hawthorn may replace them in the top-4. I can't see them repeat their great run with injuries when they have nine matches with a six day break.
If his body can hold up then Jesse Smith could be a massive get for them.
Jesse Smith is a gamble, so he shouldn't be counted unless he can show he is capable. He may return, but I don't think he will ever reach his true potential because he will always be hampered somewhat.
Also Brett Peake gives them genuine speed on the wing and half fwd, something they dont have a lot of.
But what's the benefit of a bloke that can run fast but can't get the footy very often? He has a very modest average of 8 kicks and 7 handballs per match, and I can't see that changing at his age of 27. Simon Buckley is a better player than Brett Peake.

I think Hawthorn may replace them in the top-4. I can't see them repeat their great run with injuries when they have nine matches with a six day break.Jesse Smith is a gamble, so he shouldn't be counted unless he can show he is capable. He may return, but I don't think he will ever reach his true potential because he will always be hampered somewhat.But what's the benefit of a bloke that can run fast but can't get the footy very often? He has a very modest average of 8 kicks and 7 handballs per match, and I can't see that changing at his age of 27. Simon Buckley is a better player than Brett Peake.

I still think St Kilda will be top 4, there is no guarantee that ourselves of the Doggies will win more games then Hawthorn or even Adelaide for that matter.
Brett Peake can play, he is a reciever though and i think the fact that he played in a shit side like Freo it didnt help his game. He will be a added bonus for St Kilda.
I hope Buckley is better then Peake but we dont know at this stage. Buckley himself got the ball a little bit but played defence in a shit side so he had more chances of getting it and he turned the ball over a bit. Hopefully also a change of environment will improve his game.

Is Buckley playing Fri night?

KissStephanie...unless Riewoldt goes down, the Saints will still make top 4. You've been going on a fair bit about it on the main board, but I just can't see them dropping out.

They dropped half their team last year and still won. Riewoldt is the key. Perhaps if the rumours about Lenny Hayes are true then they may slide out of the top 2 as they'll be down Ball and Hayes.

Fingers crossed that you can bring this post up in Round 22 and laugh in my face...but the Saints are a good team and will still be hard to beat.

I'm all for transition, rotation and blooding youngsters, but could we please play 110% with the best possible side at this stage and tear St Kilda a new A hole?

KissStephanie...unless Riewoldt goes down, the Saints will still make top 4. You've been going on a fair bit about it on the main board, but I just can't see them dropping out.

They dropped half their team last year and still won. Riewoldt is the key. Perhaps if the rumours about Lenny Hayes are true then they may slide out of the top 2 as they'll be down Ball and Hayes.

Fingers crossed that you can bring this post up in Round 22 and laugh in my face...but the Saints are a good team and will still be hard to beat.

Agree they're very likely to make top four.
It doesn't hurt to have a draw like they have with Cats, Dogs only once. Also, they tend to get a pretty decent run with the Umps, but perhaps that's the way they play( trying very hard here to be charitable!!)
On the other hand, depend a lot on Riewoldt and Hayes both a little injury prone, and the Ball/Lovett changeover may just affect their spiritual core a bit??
Overall, they'll be tough..would love to see a win this Friday, let them know we're up and about and hungry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood vs StKilda - NAB Cup Round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back