Collingwood vs StKilda - NAB Cup Round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

SQUADS FOR FRIDAYS GAME:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/nab-cup-squads-round-1/story-e6frf9jf-1225831340389

COLLINGWOOD
1 Leon Davis
3 John McCarthy

4 Alan Didak
5 Nick Maxwell
6 Tyson Goldsack
7 Paul Medhurst
8 Harry O’Brien
10 Scott Pendlebury
11 Shane O’Bree
12 Luke Ball
13 Dale Thomas
15 Leigh Brown
16 Nathan Brown
17 Dayne Beams
18 Darren Jolly
19 Cameron Wood
20 Ben Reid
21 Sharrod Wellingham
22 Steele Sidebottom
24 Tarkyn Lockyer
26 Ben Johnson
30 Brent Macaffer
31 Chris Dawes
32 Travis Cloke
34 Alan Toovey
35 Simon Prestigiacomo

ST KILDA
2 Steven King
3 Jack Steven
4 Clint Jones
5 Ben McEvoy
6 Zac Dawson
11 Leigh Montagna
12 Nick Riewoldt
13 Adam Schneider
14 Jarryn Geary
15 Michael Gardiner
18 Brendon Goddard
19 Sam Gilbert
20 David Armitage
21 Nick Heyne
22 Farren Ray
23 Justin Koschitzke
25 Sam Fisher
27 Jason Blake
28 Rhys Stanley
30 Brett Peake
32 Andrew McQualter
33 James Gwilt
36 Tommy Walsh
37 Leigh Fisher
38 Will Johnson
39 Alistair Smith
44 Stephen Milne
45 Luke Miles
49 Steven Gaertner

SQUADS FOR FRIDAYS GAME:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/nab-cup-squads-round-1/story-e6frf9jf-1225831340389

COLLINGWOOD
1 Leon Davis
3 John McCarthy

4 Alan Didak
5 Nick Maxwell
6 Tyson Goldsack
7 Paul Medhurst
8 Harry O’Brien
10 Scott Pendlebury
11 Shane O’Bree
12 Luke Ball
13 Dale Thomas
15 Leigh Brown
16 Nathan Brown
17 Dayne Beams
18 Darren Jolly
19 Cameron Wood
20 Ben Reid
21 Sharrod Wellingham
22 Steele Sidebottom
24 Tarkyn Lockyer
26 Ben Johnson
30 Brent Macaffer
31 Chris Dawes
32 Travis Cloke
34 Alan Toovey
35 Simon Prestigiacomo

ST KILDA
2 Steven King
3 Jack Steven
4 Clint Jones
5 Ben McEvoy
6 Zac Dawson
11 Leigh Montagna
12 Nick Riewoldt
13 Adam Schneider
14 Jarryn Geary
15 Michael Gardiner
18 Brendon Goddard
19 Sam Gilbert
20 David Armitage
21 Nick Heyne
22 Farren Ray
23 Justin Koschitzke
25 Sam Fisher
27 Jason Blake
28 Rhys Stanley
30 Brett Peake
32 Andrew McQualter
33 James Gwilt
36 Tommy Walsh
37 Leigh Fisher
38 Will Johnson
39 Alistair Smith
44 Stephen Milne
45 Luke Miles
49 Steven Gaertner

lot of big men...

lot of big men...
I reckon you could have bolded Goldy too having seen photos of him alongside Presti this preseason, there's not a lot of difference in size. Having said that, I personally like the idea of a bit more size than we're used to seeing. It gets a bit irritating seeing other sides tower over us and besides the Saints are a big team so it's horses for courses, a luxury that we didn't have last year.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/89621/default.aspx

The 29-man squad, set to be culled to 26 (includes eight on the bench (two super-subs) and three emergencies) one hour before the match, includes former St Kilda captain Luke Ball, who has enjoyed a strong preseason with his new club after arriving to Collingwood via overall pick 30 in the 2009 national draft.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/89621/default.aspx

We won't know till 6:30 I guess.

I thought Buckley was included in the initial squad, disappointing he's been cut. I hope it's just a chance to give him more time to ensure his body is right.
he was in the initial squad and have heard nothing about him being cut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KissStephanie...unless Riewoldt goes down, the Saints will still make top 4. You've been going on a fair bit about it on the main board, but I just can't see them dropping out.

They dropped half their team last year and still won. Riewoldt is the key. Perhaps if the rumours about Lenny Hayes are true then they may slide out of the top 2 as they'll be down Ball and Hayes.

Fingers crossed that you can bring this post up in Round 22 and laugh in my face...but the Saints are a good team and will still be hard to beat.

Much like the Pies, the saints rely on a dependable defence. Having Riewoldt up front just allows them to get maximum benefit from their defensive work.

Wait.. what? Swan & Shaw not playing?? why? :eek:

No I mean they're on the playing list, but they're not on the HS list which just stops at 35 and that obviously cuts off Swan, Shaw and Buckley.

Won't know who is actually cut until a little before the match.

The Herald Sun simply accidentally cut the last 3 players in numerical order from the list. 36, 39 & 41. It's simply sloppy journalism not a club cut list. The list wont be finalised until one hour before game time, although they may release it early.

Thank god or allah or any other higher being that football is finally back. I am sick to death of reading about what might happen in 2010. It's finally started.

It's a pity that St.Kilda isnt at full strength, but they should still have the framework that got them to the top last year.

It will be good to see if our style of play has adjusted a little... that we play zones a little differently? ...that we move the ball quickly.

I played squash with a st.Kilda member last night... he's still in shock about Ball....sure he rubbished Ball's disposal but like he said, Robert Harvey got away with it for 20 years!..

I just cant get over having a proper ruck "division". McKee and Fraser weren't bad but we have 3 genuine ruckmen now! It almost better than Monky and Manson.

I'm hoping to see positive direct football when we've got the ball and a smart hardworking defensive attitude when we dont have it..

Been waiting 5 months for this, I don't care if it's only the NAB Cup.

I don't think I have ever been excited to watch a Collingwood team in the pre season comp in all my years of watching the pies.

Reasons to get excited;

* Darren Jolly's debut; We have a prime, elite top 3 ruckman, after so many years of failures with draft picks and recruits, we have a premiership winning ruck at Collingwood.
* Luke Ball's debut; To put it simply, we got a 25 year old, former captain and number 2 draft pick for a late second round pick. We can only go up from here, will help our midfield out so much.
* Steele Sidebottom and Dayne Beams' second year begins; No second year blues here, if anything they will both blow that "myth" out of the water.
* Nathan Brown and Ben Reid as KP Backs; We have been waiting for this ever since we traded Tarrant, to see our 2 young backs play in the same side on 2 guns (Kosi and Roo).
* Simon Buckley's Debut; This will go under the radar, but this kid could be as big a pick up as Ball, can play just about anywhere bar ruck, and has a huge body on him. In our best 22 already if he can stay fit IMO.

I'M EXCITED, ARE YOU?:confused::D

(AND CONGRATUALTIONS TO TORAH BRIGHT ON WINNING GOLD, **** YEAH):):D

Very interested to see how Jolly and Ball perform. I'm tipping Collingwood in a close one. This game has had a good build up and it's pretty big considering it's only the NAB cup.
more then welcome to swap sides AG, you know you want to.

Jolly did so whay cant you? you too good for us? :D

Haha, i'll pass on the offer.
No problem AG, you can always jump on the bandwagon in September.:p
(Not a go at the Swans by the way, I think they will scrape into the 8).:)

I'm pumped for this game too. Should be a cracker with the added bonus of us getting a look at some of the changes to the side. Which young players are going to step up. How will our forwardline look. What impact will our new additions have on the side. Injury bonus back of guys like Medders.

I'm hoping that Brown and Reid get a run and both get a turn at taking on Reiwoldt. Give them both a shot at the St Kilda champ. I'd like to see Dawes get a run to see him get an opportunity to show where he's at.

Wrapped that the footy is back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood vs StKilda - NAB Cup Round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back