Collingwoods 2011 Trade Talk Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Rumours will start to happen now so I though I start a Thread where all the Trade Talk can be put in as the Mods seem to hate many different Threads about it.

Yes I know we have a Flag to win but still players will get linked to us and and away from us so I make this thread up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Collingwood
The Magpies' list management will be interesting, as Nathan Buckley might have a different view of some players than Mick Malthouse. Chris Dawes is out of contract at the end of the season and is understood to be in the sights of several clubs. John McCarthy has been on the fringe of the team for a while and could attract interest.

From Trade Winds on AFL.com.au. Dawes might have Intrest from other Clubs but he pretty much said he is going no where.

I cam easily see McCarthy getting Traded.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/122386/default.aspx

Did anyone catch the article in The Age regarding Travis Tuck?

Looks in ripping shape and been in good form for Werribee. 24 yr old , will not be expensive> Any takers?

No I have not and NO I would not Chase Travis Tuck as he would not be any better then anyone on our list at the moment

I reckon Goldsack may look elsewhere. I am not sure if he is out of contract. If he is GWS may pick him up. McCarthy will move on for sure and Caff might get some interest.

I'd go hard after:
Sam Gilbert and Majak Daw would be the two I'd push really hard for.

Gilbert has had a poor season and might be an interest upgrade down back. With Maxwell aging and struggling with injury and some uncertainty with Goldsack would be a big upgrade. Would be a top 10, top 15 minimum player at the club for mine. Not a great kick but adds the Reid style rebound with his ability to take the marks off opposition kicks.

With L.Brown retired now it's time to look for an immediate replacement. Maybe Keeffe can become that but I'd look at Daw as the perfect guy to play the role. Current rookie and throw currency at him and guarantee games and maybe we can get him over. Super athlete and can add an incredible spark. For mine is ready to play, and ready to play some good football. Will soon be a very, very good player, if he isn't that already.

I'd go hard after:
Sam Gilbert and Majak Daw would be the two I'd push really hard for.

Gilbert has had a poor season and might be an interest upgrade down back. With Maxwell aging and struggling with injury and some uncertainty with Goldsack would be a big upgrade. Would be a top 10, top 15 minimum player at the club for mine. Not a great kick but adds the Reid style rebound with his ability to take the marks off opposition kicks.

With L.Brown retired now it's time to look for an immediate replacement. Maybe Keeffe can become that but I'd look at Daw as the perfect guy to play the role. Current rookie and throw currency at him and guarantee games and maybe we can get him over. Super athlete and can add an incredible spark. For mine is ready to play, and ready to play some good football. Will soon be a very, very good player, if he isn't that already.

Not a fan of Gilbert, he has had a tough season mentally and cracked under that pressure badly.

Daw i'd have as he has looked very good in the VFL this year but we're dreaming if North will let their Sudanese Messiah out of their grasp. They need to hold onto him for the marketing side of their club and if he plays games for them it's a bonus.

Buckley won't chase him, he's already said he will put a greater premium on kicking when looking at recruits.. the human sprinkler just doesn't qualify

Kicking isn't the only measure of influence in games of footy.

Think he would be a good get because structurally down back he fits. Stylistically he works. Not often he gets beaten and just rebounds like a backboard down back.

Buckley will put a premium on kicking. Also personality of players and willingness to train hard. Certainly when drafting these would be the big things to look out for and in my phantom drafts i've been very mindful of these things.

But what Gilbert does add is a player who can have a big influence on winning now which few others would be able to do through trade week. With our premiership window open now I would even if it wouldn't be a popular move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kicking isn't the only measure of influence in games of footy.

Think he would be a good get because structurally down back he fits. Stylistically he works. Not often he gets beaten and just rebounds like a backboard down back.

Buckley will put a premium on kicking. Also personality of players and willingness to train hard. Certainly when drafting these would be the big things to look out for and in my phantom drafts i've been very mindful of these things.

But what Gilbert does add is a player who can have a big influence on winning now which few others would be able to do through trade week. With our premiership window open now I would even if it wouldn't be a popular move.
Seriously are we talking about the **** up on and off the field that could have won GF1 for them if he didn't spray it like a hose?

He'll cost a ****ing fortune because Dreamteam doesn't give a shit how many times he hits the opposition up

I dont think we will go after anyplayers. We are mostlikley going to trade players like MaCaffer and Goldsack. 2nd rounder for Goldy and 3rd rounder for the sack, just to make some more salary cap room. I think McCarthy will just get delisted. I dunno how much Leigh Brown was on but his retirement also would help us a fair bit for creating cap room. If we were to get a player it would be a Leigh Brown kind, someone out of favour at their club that can come into our side and play a role.

I dont think we will go after anyplayers. We are mostlikley going to trade players like MaCaffer and Goldsack. 2nd rounder for Goldy and 3rd rounder for the sack, just to make some more salary cap room. I think McCarthy will just get delisted. I dunno how much Leigh Brown was on but his retirement also would help us a fair bit for creating cap room. If we were to get a player it would be a Leigh Brown kind, someone out of favour at their club that can come into our side and play a role.

Wouldn't be trying to get rid of Goldy for a 2nd rounder in what sounds like a shallow draft. We already know he's very handy for us, so coulnd't see the club letting go, unless it was bundled with our first pick for another teams first rounder or something similar.

Wouldn't be trying to get rid of Goldy for a 2nd rounder in what sounds like a shallow draft. We already know he's very handy for us, so coulnd't see the club letting go, unless it was bundled with our first pick for another teams first rounder or something similar.

I wouldnt either but if we want to sign Sidey, Reid and Dawes and give them a fair salary then we will have to get rid of players that have currency to make room ion the cap.

I wouldnt either but if we want to sign Sidey, Reid and Dawes and give them a fair salary then we will have to get rid of players that have currency to make room ion the cap.
Daics we know for sure that Browny is retiring and if we win the granny this year its odds on Leon will retire, not to mention there are a number of guys heading onto the veterans list in the next year or two. I'm not buying into the BF bullshit of the Pies being in cap trouble until I hear different from the inside.

I don't think so. The eventual CBA will deliver another 250k p.a. on ASAs and then there's the extra cap room as well.

We had a mill freed up last year and then we have Ball money, Brown money, Leon money, Swan vet money, Dids vet money all in the offing not to mention retirement of BJ in next year or two.

I don't think so. The eventual CBA will deliver another 250k p.a. on ASAs and then there's the extra cap room as well.

We had a mill freed up last year and then we have Ball money, Brown money, Leon money, Swan vet money, Dids vet money all in the offing not to mention retirement of BJ in next year or two.

On that kind of cash you would think we could Messi if we wanted to ?

not sure how he is going to fit under the salary cap.. but i've been hearing that collingwood has been in talks about accquiring bernie vince from the crows. he is a melbourne boy and many suggest he is keen on returning home. we dont really need him bt if he is keen to cross over would we take him? thoughts?

not sure how he is going to fit under the salary cap.. but i've been hearing that collingwood has been in talks about accquiring bernie vince from the crows. he is a melbourne boy and many suggest he is keen on returning home. we dont really need him bt if he is keen to cross over would we take him? thoughts?
Vince recently extended his contract with the Crows:
http://www.afc.com.au/tabid/4417/default.aspx?newsid=121337

Also I wouldn't want Collingwood to touch Sam Gilbert. He's a decent mark but that's about it. We'd be looking at another version of Simon Buckley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back