Strategy Collingwood's Best 22 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

What about Goodyear knight...have you been tracking him over the preseason? Is he a chance to play seniors this season (interested for DT Keepers :))

Be long term development for Goody, didn't get a look in for NAB so no chance for early rounds debut at this stage.

From reports has done some nice things at the VFL practice games, would be looking at 2nd half of the year I would of thought.

It means they will need to stop it and won't. It has a lot to do with it. If you think afl is played like every body goes one and one inside d50 and tags like Brent McCaffer you're getting it wrong. It's called zoning in to the right places.

If the defenders can do there job down back its upto the Midfield to get back and support stooping blokes like Beams and Zorko getting goal side and doing damage

It all starts with the Midfield in my opinion the hardest working Midfield will win at the Gabba

If the defenders can do there job down back its upto the Midfield to get back and support stooping blokes like Beams and Zorko getting goal side and doing damage

It all starts with the Midfield in my opinion the hardest working Midfield will win at the Gabba
The thing is the defenders make that many mistakes themselves but they aren't up to afl standard.
Williams Sinclair are poor kicks.
Toovey is a poor kick, he was hidden in the 2010 prem team.
Brown hasn't come on, skills are poor.

Can't play that lot down back.

Most of our supporters want a strong forward line then we end up with what's left over just being plonked down back.
I can tell you now the players first picked should be starting in the backline.
Cloke Reid and Brown would be my 3 KPBs.
Swan Langdon and maybe Toovey would be my 3 break aways.
Defence is everything. Get the defence right has a flow on effect.

The thing is the defenders make that many mistakes themselves but they aren't up to afl standard.

Most of our supporters want a strong forward line then we end up with what's left over just being plonked down back.
Why do you think cloke would make a good defender?
Have you seen clokes kicking... I wouldn't think he would help with the issues we have with bad disposers of the footy in the back half.

Toovey Brown Reid
Swan Cloke Langdon
Sidey Adams Varcoe
Karnezis White Kennedy
Blair Gault Fasolo

Witts Pendlebury Broomhead

DeGoey Freeman Goldsack Thomas

Probably gets smashed but strongest team I can put together.

I just look at that back six and shake my head. By foot maybe only Langdon could hit a target.

My back 6 to really shake up the opposition would be.

Frost Brown Toovey
Swan Cloke Langdon

It gives us some run and power down back. Swan and Langdon would be high disposals winners. Toovey my lock down. Brown my full back. Cloke my brut CHB with a power kick up the ground. Frost almost fill the holes. Imo that back six if coached well is a 2015 top 4 defence.
*Reid to replace Frost when fit.

5 of those players can't hit targets and the other is a second year player, plus two of them can't defend.... how do you not look at that back six and just shake your head?

If you're just going for "quality" down back rather than defenders, then let's just play Pendlebury, Swan, Sidebottom, Elliott, Reid and Cloke as our back 6.... then we'll have Sinclair running the midfield and Karnezis the forward line.

Why do you think cloke would make a good defender?
Have you seen clokes kicking... I wouldn't think he would help with the issues we have with bad disposers of the footy in the back half.
Kicking for goal is his issue because of nerves but overall he's a brilliant thumping kick. Pressure would be right off.

5 of those players can't hit targets and the other is a second year player, plus two of them can't defend.... how do you not look at that back six and just shake your head?

If you're just going for "quality" down back rather than defenders, then let's just play Pendlebury, Swan, Sidebottom, Elliott, Reid and Cloke as our back 6.... then we'll have Sinclair running the midfield and Karnezis the forward line.
Sinclair would never get a game in my team.
Left Elliot out replace with Kennedy maybe.

Sinclair and Marley have speed which we need there kicking this preseason i don't thinks been to bad

Get rid of Toovey been saying it for 2 years

That's why Reid is so important down back because he is a great kick

Sinclair and Marley have speed which we need there kicking this preseason i don't thinks been to bad

I agree. On form lately I would be dropping Toovey before Sinclair and Williams, and I've always been a Toovey fan.

Fingers crossed Scharenberg and Maynard develop nicely and we can establish a skilled back six going forward (Langdon, Scharenberg, Reid, Maynard, Brown and Williams or something like that).

C. Mooney had speed. They can't kick. They shouldn't be playing for Collingwood!

What you were saying that when he did an ACL? Pretty harsh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What you were saying that when he did an ACL? Pretty harsh.

Last year and this year bloke is a terrible kick would be in the top 10 worst in the comp amazes me how he gets a game

Last year and this year bloke is a terrible kick would be in the top 10 worst in the comp amazes me how he gets a game
He was coming off an ACL injury last season so should at least be expected to be back to near his best in 2015. He was really an improved player when he went down in 2013, accounting for a lot of very good forwards and developing more run and attack in his game. Deserves a chance to live up to that expectation in 2015

He was coming off an ACL injury last season so should at least be expected to be back to near his best in 2015. He was really an improved player when he went down in 2013, accounting for a lot of very good forwards and developing more run and attack in his game. Deserves a chance to live up to that expectation in 2015

been a terrible kick his whole career we were able to get away with it in 2010/2011 we cant now

Kicking for goal is his issue because of nerves but overall he's a brilliant thumping kick. Pressure would be right off.
I agree he is a long kick, but more often than not he just weels around onto his left and bombs as long as he can, not so much hitting up a target. I believe his best value to the side is CHF where he can use his superior aerobic capacity to hurt the opposition, and kick the long goals from 50+. He

Toovey Brown Reid
Swan Cloke Langdon
Sidey Adams Varcoe
Karnezis White Kennedy
Blair Gault Fasolo

Witts Pendlebury Broomhead

DeGoey Freeman Goldsack Thomas

Probably gets smashed but strongest team I can put together.

Dont mind the idea of Swan off half back, from memory he played this role a couple of years back in one game against Adelaide and played quite well.

Cloke in the backline is a no go in my opinion.
He is our big key forward and when on song is very hard to stop.
He worries opposition defenders and takes the number 1 key back week after week.
If we can somehow get him one-out then he doesnt lose that often.

How about Frost or Goldsack to defence?

B - Toovey Brown Goldsack/Frost
HB - Williams Reid Langdon

Dont mind the idea of Swan off half back, from memory he played this role a couple of years back in one game against Adelaide and played quite well.

Cloke in the backline is a no go in my opinion.
He is our big key forward and when on song is very hard to stop.
He worries opposition defenders and takes the number 1 key back week after week.
If we can somehow get him one-out then he doesnt lose that often.

How about Frost or Goldsack to defence?

B - Toovey Brown Goldsack/Frost
HB - Williams Reid Langdon
I think Cloke is the brut we need at CHB with Brown at FB. He's not going to get pushed around and would provide so much drive to split it right up the centre of the ground for the mids to get the ball. I think it would change our whole game style and we'd see so much more run in the middle if Cloke was winning it at CHB.

Toovey was probably our worst of the best 22 in 2010/11 if we are being honest and hasn't improved. The team around him has become worse and worse. I'm not sure where that leaves him.
When he did his ACL he was in career best form. Through 2011-12 and into 13 he was a much more rounded and better player than 2010 which is what you expect in a developing younger player. Timing of his injury was bad for him. Still it has always been pretty reasonable policy to believe that the majority of players coming off an ACL dont get back to their best in the first year back. If that holds true Toovey should be better in 2015 than 2014. Also is in his prime years.

No guarantees but we should at least wait to see what he does in 2015 before saying he cant build back up.

I think Cloke is the brut we need at CHB with Brown at FB. He's not going to get pushed around and would provide so much drive to split it right up the centre of the ground for the mids to get the ball. I think it would change our whole game style and we'd see so much more run in the middle if Cloke was winning it at CHB.

He gets a shitload of frees against him up forward.
Imagine if he was playing down back.

Games are won in defence, I understand that but Cloke is needed up forward.

How about Keeffe? He is a big lad who can play at CHB.
Allowing Brown to man FB and Reid to play a sweeping role off the half back line with his generally good kicking skills.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Collingwood's Best 22 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back