Combined Cameron Wood thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Offering pick 14 for Wood confirmed

I would definitaly trade our pick 14 for Wood.
Just a hypothetical guys - if we were to obtain Wood - do you guys think we should offer a contract to King??
If we could pick up Wood & King you could have them rotating throught the ruck and play Fraser on the wing/hf.
Wood is more your tap ruckman where King is a strong tap/crash and bash ruckman.
With picking up dyas and having clarke, swan, pendles etc and picking up barham i think with our other draft pick we should pick up another mid
What does everyone think?

By the way has anyone heard anything about Hille?

4. Melbourne has alot to offer
I can't see the Dees not securing Meesen. I think the Dogs will get Hudson.

I think Sydney is still the danger, even though their pick is juicier than normal and they will have a tough time parting with this one (although history says they can and will).

There may be some sleepers, or some aggression if some deals fall over, but I reckon the Swans and Pies are the only ones who will have that first round pick in the holster.

Fortunately Wood's manager is Craig Kelly. Ned should help convince him of the glory of Collingwood, surely! :cool:

Yeah, they are top 10 which means they'll probably land a bloke they rank top 5, such is the nature of subjective opinion. They won't want to flick it.

Sydney are our main competitors, along with Brisbane who don't have to trade him at all (although to be fair, Wood won't do them any favours next year if they don't find a fair trade).

Didn't know that Ned was his manager!!! :thumbsu:

Normally I would say Wood is not worth our first round pick, but the problem is we desperately need a good long term ruckman. Supply & demand being what it is he suddenly becomes worth a first round pick to us. The other reason is this draft is sounding a bit low in depth with some excellent top picks but falling away quickly, so the value of #14 is less than what it has been in the past.

Would you think a first round selection is worth it???

I know, he was a first rounder, but I'd rather keep my first round and five a 2nd rounder and a player..... (eg... Holland or Egan).

Why would Brisbane get rid of him for any less when he has a year remaining on his contract??

I hope we keep him as we know what we've got compared to the risk ya take with a pick like 14.

You can never have too many quality ruckmen....

Why would Brisbane get rid of him for any less when he has a year remaining on his contract??

I hope we keep him as we know what we've got compared to the risk ya take with a pick like 14.

You can never have too many quality ruckmen....

If Wood has requested a trade because of a lack of opportunity to ruck for Brisbane, it really is in your best interest to do the trade. You could theoretically say no and force him to finish his contract however there may be bad blood between the parties which could do more damage.

If we pick up Wood and another young ruckman in the draft or PSD then we would probably need to retain both Richards and Bryan on the list for depth. The 18 year old would not be able to play seniors for a year or two at least.

If we picked up Wood and say a King cheaply we could definately delist Richards because there would be Wood, King, Fraser and Bryan able to ruck in the seniors.

Pick 14 is fair for a young ruckman of Wood's callibre.

I am surprised you haven't suggested the now compulsory 2nd round draft pick + hack (e.g. Lonie, Egan, Holland, Davies, Richards) that is always put up on this board in any trade. Brisbane would not touch any of those players with a 10-foot barge pole. Lonie would be laughed off the training paddock especially.

And Sherman is off-limits. You are not going to get him and Wood for pick 14 + player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

also on top of that if they are gettin pick 14 this year for a player that wants out that could just nominate for the psd next year and give them nothing, surely theyd take it.

my only worry is pick 14 wont be enough because sydney will make a play aswell, and out do us with their higher first round pick.

gotta wonder why wood would want to go to swans though , hed still be behind everitt and jolly. especially with jolly signing a four year deal.

If Wood has requested a trade because of a lack of opportunity to ruck for Brisbane, it really is in your best interest to do the trade. You could theoretically say no and force him to finish his contract however there may be bad blood between the parties which could do more damage.

True. But it's not necessarily a given that there will be any bad blood. Only those close to the club will know how he'll handle the situation though it'll definetely be a factor in whether he's traded or not.

But it's likely only lack of opportunity that has him looking elsewhere and an injury to Charman or the Berger would have him playing ahead of Beau next year I'd reckon.

Re: Cameron Wood - your main target?

Would you trade your first round pick for Steven King?

God, I hope not.

First round pick for Wood makes sense because of his age. If he's any good, he ought to have 10 or 12 years of football in front of him. How old is King? Must be 29-ish? At that age you just don't know -- he might have five years left; he might only last 18 months.

Plus, he spent most of the year playing VFL football. For a seasoned ruck, and a former captain, that doesn't exactly inspire clubs with confidence.

Pick 14 is fair for a young ruckman of Wood's callibre.

I am surprised you haven't suggested the now compulsory 2nd round draft pick + hack (e.g. Lonie, Egan, Holland, Davies, Richards) that is always put up on this board in any trade. Brisbane would not touch any of those players with a 10-foot barge pole. Lonie would be laughed off the training paddock especially.

And Sherman is off-limits. You are not going to get him and Wood for pick 14 + player.

Dude, your shtick about Egan being mentioned in all Collingwood trade scenarios is getting old. Get a new routine. If you read this board, you'd know that most Collingwood supporters favour trading #14 for Wood. As you yourself say, that's a fair deal. I don't think you can accuse most Pie supporters of being unreasonable on this one.

Seriously i thought you guys gave up on trying to get players to your club. And i will bet you anything you dont get wood.

Seriously i thought you guys gave up on trying to get players to your club. And i will bet you anything you dont get wood.

Jeez, aren't Carlton supporters strutting around like masters of the universe since Judd picked them? Well, reality check, pal, your team won four matches for the entire year and finished second last. Why don't you save your cockiness for when you've got something to be cocky about?

better than drafting the likes you have, martyn mckernan harford
do you want me to keep going or?

Remove this Banner Ad

Combined Cameron Wood thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back