Combined Cameron Wood thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Offering pick 14 for Wood confirmed

The difference is we don't think our hacks will ever get a quality player.
You just think some of your hacks aren’t hacks – as with many of our posters and it’s the same on all club boards.
You can harp on all you like about chasing quality players, but the fact is Lonie, Egan, Holland, Richards, Toovey, and Davies are not wanted or needed by any team. These are the only players ever suggested on here. Surely you can't all be that naive.
Perhaps most of them aren’t. They aren’t the only players ever suggested when decent players are involved and who is expecting a quality player for them? Surely you offer up for trade anyone you don’t want to see if you get a bite? There are some kids on this board as with others.

As for Wood, he might have a bit of promise but he has proven NOTHING so you may just be over rating his worth. The thing is,. We have a need for a ruckman and we might over pay. I can live with that.

I wasnt. You must have mis-read things.

Wood is not worth any of our "top ten" players. They were only in trade contention when Judd was potentially on the table.

I think you may have misread things ..... I was disproving the following ....

You can harp on all you like about chasing quality players, but the fact is Lonie, Egan, Holland, Richards, Toovey, and Davies are not wanted or needed by any team. These are the only players ever suggested on here. Surely you can't all be that naive.

..... pretty sure Warwick was talking about this board not this thread.

Anyway, no point fighting each other :D

Re: Cameron Wood - your main target?

#14 and a dashing half back flanker with a raking left boot -Ryan Lonie ;)

C'mon, didn't the Brisbane boys rate him one of the hardest men in the game, surely we can dress/package this one up!

Tell us again why you are even over here? Your mouth has been slagging the Pies and Eddie for many years now, yet you come to our board and tell us how we think and ridicule. Don't think anyone here gives a rats on your opinion, so how 'bout you head back to your board or the main board before your removed.

Some interesting things I just read about our competition for Wood

http://sportal.com.au/default.aspx/afl-news-display/tigers-hunting-trades-37006

Tigers hunting trades
9/10/2007 11:06:55 AM
Sportal

Miller told SEN he would be meeting with Blake's manager Anthony McConville on Tuesday to discuss what it may take to lure the 22-year-old who was dropped from the Cats' premiership line-up despite having played 22 matches this season, to Punt Road.

But he said the Saints are pushing very hard for Blake.

"That was the case that came out of (trade talks) yesterday, they've got a very strong interest in him," Miller said.

"There's a few in the pipeline, but it's probably not quite right to say we're desperate for a ruckman.

"I think Angus Graham came on very well, Pattison did a hard job under difficult circumstances and we'll have Troy Simmonds back next year."

"If one was available in the pre-season draft we would certainly look at it."

Sounds promising.

St Kilda is going for Blake.

Richmond won't match our pick 14 as they are not that desperate.

Only problems I can see would be Sydney pushing hard for him (doubtfull with Jolly and Spider) or St Kilda losing Blake and going full throttle at Wood. Wood may feel like 2nd choice though and less likely to choose the Saints.

Heres hoping!

And Sherman is off-limits. You are not going to get him and Wood for pick 14 + player.

Why would we want him? The guy is a crab, getting dropped from a bottom eight team hardly speaks volumes about how good a player he is.

We could just draft Andrew Williams again and he would do a better job than a hack like Sherman could.

Why would we want him? The guy is a crab, getting dropped from a bottom eight team hardly speaks volumes about how good a player he is.

We could just draft Andrew Williams again and he would do a better job than a hack like Sherman could.
Sherman is unaccountable. Matthews tried to get him to tag this year and Sherman cracked the sads. Sherman thinks he is a highly skilled player and should be allowed to roam as he sees fit. In other words an arrogant tosser. He treats the some of the medical staff at the Lions like shit, and has alienated quite a few people. And I cant quite put my finger on it, but you'd swear he doesnt shower during the week going from the few times I've had the misfortune to be next to him.

Yeah, we really want him!!!

NOT

Why would we want him?

It was one of your supporters who brought him up;) Only the smallest minority of Brisbane supporters would suggest trading Sherman, so if he is in a trade discussion on here, it is no doubt that it was not started by a lions fan.

Sherman is unaccountable. Matthews tried to get him to tag this year and Sherman cracked the sads. Sherman thinks he is a highly skilled player and should be allowed to roam as he sees fit. In other words an arrogant tosser. He treats the some of the medical staff at the Lions like shit, and has alienated quite a few people. And I cant quite put my finger on it, but you'd swear he doesnt shower during the week going from the few times I've had the misfortune to be next to him.

Yeah, we really want him!!!

NOT
I also heard Matthews doesn't speak to him.

Age doesnt make a lot of difference. We need a quality ruck and we need one now, to maximise our chances of a flag in the next year or two. If we dont get Wood I'd be happy to pay up for King. Even pick 14.

If we dont get a ruck this trade week because we're outbid I'll have to kill somebody.
King is worth nowhere near that much. Don't forget all his injury troubles as well, it's a risk that isn't worth it unless you can get him cheap.

I know matthews does, and want to keep him also.

But perhaps you best go back to your board or I'll report you for being on here making a nuisance of yourself

Nah, let's not get like that. I was banned from the site -- and I am still banned from the Swans board -- for the tamest piece of banter a few weeks back. It was a fairly insipid effort by the mod if you ask me. I don't think we should get sucked into that bullshit on here.

Unless it's rank trolling, let Warwick have his say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, let's not get like that. I was banned from the site -- and I am still banned from the Swans board -- for the tamest piece of banter a few weeks back. It was a fairly insipid effort by the mod if you ask me. I don't think we should get sucked into that bullshit on here.

Unless it's rank trolling, let Warwick have his say.
nah, stuff them, they got me banned from their board

Also read with interest in the article and mentioned previously that if Blake takes the $800K offer over 3 from St Kilda they will drop out of the hunt for wood. It would then be out of us and Richmond and hopefully that may drop the value a little bit.
If St Kilda do drop out of the race, you'd think we'd be infront of Richmond considering they won't trade their #2 pick.

#14 and a dashing half back flanker with a raking left boot -Ryan Lonie ;)

C'mon, didn't the Brisbane boys rate him one of the hardest men in the game, surely we can dress/package this one up!
That was an inside joke.

Cameron Wood Deal:

Brisabne Trade Wood to Collingwood - Brodie Holland to the Swans - Heath Grundy to Brisbane. - Pretty Good Deal I reckon.
Done. In a nanosecond.

I've said it before, but our recent history of getting blokes we want to come to the Club is appalling. Don't know why - maybe player managers? e.g. Eddie has claimed we can never do a deal involving Ron Joseph.

I believe this is hyped up by the media.

Gehrig perhaps we were trying to screw West Coast.

Everitt we just didn't go hard enough at, I don't think it was a matter of us being poor at landing him, we probably thought we didn't need him as much as we do.

"Collingwood tried to screw PA when trading for Stevens but PA didn't budge" is one of the biggest myths in football. No way were we trying to screw them. Look at our list at the time, what we did offer (McGough, Lonie, Prestigiacomo, Scotland one or perhaps 2 of them and our 1st rounder) was our only trade bait that anyone would value, Lonie and McGough at the time were good youngsters, Scotland was a good midfielder who hadn't solidified his spot on the list (despite a grand final appearance) , below that we had a core group of senior players that PA didn't want anyway (O'Bree, Lockyer, Woey). We had a good even top 22 or so (and even then the likes of Lokan, Walker, Kinnear still had to be carried) and below that it was pretty crap. Remember at that time we had around 10 players who hadn't even played a game, we didn't have anything apart from Didak (who has repaid our faith) to get the job done. At the end of the day PA would have been a lot better off with a 1st round and Scotland than nothing.

Brown, we just threw money at him (midseason) just to let him know that if he wants to leave he can. Not much more you can do to convince a player to leave midseason.

A lot of managers, notably Ron Joseph, leak reports to the media that Collingwood is after their player to get a new or improved contract. I doubt the reports of us throwing cash at J.White are true. I doubt we were close to landing Johnstone a couple of years ago, you know the player that's always mentioned for trade and then gets a juicy new contract (except this time his coach is doing it just to kick him in the ass).

I assume Judd chose Carlton over Collingwood because Carlton finished bottom 4 and as such have more cards to deal with WCE and nothing to do with negotiating skills.

King is worth nowhere near that much. Don't forget all his injury troubles as well, it's a risk that isn't worth it unless you can get him cheap.
I tend to agree pick 14 is too expensive but at the end of the day if he brings a flag it is the best draft selection we’ve ever made. 10 to 12 year careers of potential champions is a warm and fuzzy but Buckley just retired without a flag and together with Clement and Licuria 10 premiershipless Copelands walked away from playing for Collingwood leaving just 2 B&F winners on our list.

I can’t emphasis this enough. The bloke that brings us the flag is worth whatever he cost plus our first draft selection plus $1m. Of course it isn’t as easy as picking out the bloke who will make the difference. Nevertheless the lack of a top class ruckman has heavily contributed to every finals loss we have had this century. 2 of those have been grand finals and one a preliminary final against the team than went on to win by a record margin.

The cost of our ruck inadequacy could scarcely have been greater had it been scripted by a Carlton supporter or the biggest of Eddie haters.

why is every one sacking guy richards, he didnt have a great year but he would be our strongest over head mark in the side, give him another year

I'm one of these rare fans or sympathisers of Richards too but he is an exceptionally poor mark overhead (although he has improved in this area some bit).

Cameron Wood Deal:

Brisabne Trade Wood to Collingwood - Brodie Holland to the Swans - Heath Grundy to Brisbane. - Pretty Good Deal I reckon.

Yeah..... nah.

Jabso you can explain away every deal just like you can every grand final loss. Aren’t you sick of explaining things away though? Honestly, unless we say no more excuses no matter what we will be doing this same bloody dance for another half a century. FMD if we don’t get a ruckman in the next 3 and half days and our members eat the crap they get dished at the AGM I will throw up.

Exc uses get you nothing. Results count.

I tend to agree pick 14 is too expensive but at the end of the day if he brings a flag it is the best draft selection we’ve ever made. 10 to 12 year careers of potential champions is a warm and fuzzy but Buckley just retired without a flag and together with Clement and Licuria 10 premiershipless Copelands walked away from playing for Collingwood leaving just 2 B&F winners on our list.

I can’t emphasis this enough. The bloke that brings us the flag is worth whatever he cost plus our first draft selection plus $1m. Of course it isn’t as easy as picking out the bloke who will make the difference. Nevertheless the lack of a top class ruckman has heavily contributed to every finals loss we have had this century. 2 of those have been grand finals and one a preliminary final against the team than went on to win by a record margin.

The cost of our ruck inadequacy could scarcely have been greater had it been scripted by a Carlton supporter or the biggest of Eddie haters.
I know what you're saying, but with the majority of the list being under the age of 25 I think our window is open for a lot longer than how long King's career will last. I'd rather see us being contenders for the next decade than the next two years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Combined Cameron Wood thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back