Combined Cameron Wood thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Cameron Wood - your main target?

Cameron Wood Deal:

Brisabne Trade Wood to Collingwood - Brodie Holland to the Swans - Heath Grundy to Brisbane. - Pretty Good Deal I reckon.

Re: Offering pick 14 for Wood confirmed

Pick 14 is fair for a young ruckman of Wood's callibre.

I am surprised you haven't suggested the now compulsory 2nd round draft pick + hack (e.g. Lonie, Egan, Holland, Davies, Richards) that is always put up on this board in any trade. Brisbane would not touch any of those players with a 10-foot barge pole. Lonie would be laughed off the training paddock especially.

And Sherman is off-limits. You are not going to get him and Wood for pick 14 + player.
All clubs have supporters who are unrealistic about trades.

The majority of people here have admitted Wood is worth the first round pick (in my case, first round plus steak knives).

I can't see the Dees not securing Meesen. I think the Dogs will get Hudson.

I think Sydney is still the danger, even though their pick is juicier than normal and they will have a tough time parting with this one (although history says they can and will).

There may be some sleepers, or some aggression if some deals fall over, but I reckon the Swans and Pies are the only ones who will have that first round pick in the holster.
It is up to us to convince him to come to us and only us. Given Sydney is in another state it shouldn’t be difficult to differentiate. This is a test of our football department and if they fail they should be shot with bullets made from their own excuses.

Enough failure!

It would be good just to get a good Ruckman and he also has plenty of improvement in front of him and then Draft a ruck with our 2nd pick we will be set for the next decade if everything goes to plan.

I am surprised you haven't suggested the now compulsory 2nd round draft pick + hack (e.g. Lonie, Egan, Holland, Davies, Richards) that is always put up on this board in any trade. Brisbane would not touch any of those players with a 10-foot barge pole. Lonie would be laughed off the training paddock especially.
Look you can harp on all you like about who on Collingwood’s list is a hack but the fact is they are far fewer in number than Brisbane’s. Anyone who played during the finals for Collingwood apart from Richards, Bryan and a couple of oldies at or near the end would be jumped at by Brisbane. There are numerous players Collingwood could offer in a trade to Brisbane for Wood, Sherman or others. Wood would be the only one we’d want apart from the obvious big guns like Brown and Black who wouldn’t move and who would command a huge price.

You don’t have a 10 foot barge pole to keep hacks at bay any more you have a chop stick. Your list has a few seriously good footballers a few good prospects and a bunch of hacks.

It is up to us to convince him to come to us and only us. Given Sydney is in another state it shouldn’t be difficult to differentiate. This is a test of our football department and if they fail they should be shot with bullets made from their own excuses.

Enough failure!

Exactly right.

I hope that we have already made a promising offer to Ned Kelly regarding what we could offer Wood.

3 year above market rate contract, the offer of being the number one ruckman in a team that narrowly missed the GF.

Also the fact that he would probably be seen as a saviour from the thousands of Collingwood fans who are crying out for a ruckman. Bit of pressure but if he can handle it his profile would quickly rocket.

Anyone else think we should have a look at:

Brad Symes, Byron Schammer or Troy Selwood.

I'd prefer Schammer as the pick of the lot but with Selwood out of contract, surely we could jump in and convince him to come to us rather than the Kangaroos.

Thoughts?

I'd prefer Schammer as the pick of the lot but with Selwood out of contract, surely we could jump in and convince him to come to us rather than the Kangaroos.

Thoughts?

Any of those 3 would be good along with Wood

Thoughts?

I'd be interested in Schammer and Selwood. Schammer has had a fair few injuries though.

Pick 14 for Wood is a good price. We could then use our 2nd round pick to draft another ruckman, and then 3rd for a mid and last pick for Barham.

I think we have enough mids coming through.

my personal view is that we should look at the cheapest available ruckman (Hudson, Messon, etc) and keep our top picks and use that to draft a quality one or two. But that is just my view...

the question is what is more of a risk (pick 14 in a dodgy draft or an unproven wood) and return profile?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we could get our hands on another second round selection by trading somebody then we could potentially make an offer for one of those 3- probably Schammer.

We should start fielding interest for Lonie, Johnson and maybe (not certain) Davis if the price was right. I'm sure he would be worth more than what Krakouer what would be.

If we promote Clarke and delist Nicholls we can top up with two mids in the rookie list

We will have Dyas and I would want another ruckman too. Many rucks develop late and so it is worthwhile gambling on a big bloke as a rookie to try and develop as a project.

We will have Dyas and I would want another ruckman too. Many rucks develop late and so it is worthwhile gambling on a big bloke as a rookie to try and develop as a project.

Senior list or rookie list, doesnt bother me, but we need to draft one as well as trade for one.

There also may be another rookie vacancy if they delist McAffer. In fact there may be four if they promote Wellinginham!!

my personal view is that we should look at the cheapest available ruckman (Hudson, Messon, etc) and keep our top picks and use that to draft a quality one or two. But that is just my view...

the question is what is more of a risk (pick 14 in a dodgy draft or an unproven wood) and return profile?

Wood was taken with pick 18 a couple of years ago. He was considered quality back then and still is. He is far less risky than starting again with a ruckman at pick 14

I wouldn't wanna give up pick 14 for just wood....Thats the only thing we have of value this trade period...To spend it on Wood is too much...involve sherman or selwood and it would be better with some other collingwood fringe player

Look you can harp on all you like about who on Collingwood’s list is a hack but the fact is they are far fewer in number than Brisbane’s. Anyone who played during the finals for Collingwood apart from Richards, Bryan and a couple of oldies at or near the end would be jumped at by Brisbane. There are numerous players Collingwood could offer in a trade to Brisbane for Wood, Sherman or others. Wood would be the only one we’d want apart from the obvious big guns like Brown and Black who wouldn’t move and who would command a huge price.

You don’t have a 10 foot barge pole to keep hacks at bay any more you have a chop stick. Your list has a few seriously good footballers a few good prospects and a bunch of hacks.
The difference is we don't think our hacks will ever get a quality player.

You can harp on all you like about chasing quality players, but the fact is Lonie, Egan, Holland, Richards, Toovey, and Davies are not wanted or needed by any team. These are the only players ever suggested on here. Surely you can't all be that naive.

Brisbane blame Collingwood for having their salary cap concessions taken away and whip themselves into a frenzy when they play us. Yes we need another ruckman and yes pick 14 for Wood is a fair deal but does anyone really believe that Brisbane will help us out? Gubby Allan will ask for 14 and more, I don't care how desperate we are thats to much and makes the chances of getting a deal done slim. I'm more than happy for Derek to pick them and Richo and Brad Scott to develop them. We have (unlike Carlton) one of the best young lists in the competition with players on every line, yes the ruck is still an area of concern but lets still stay the course chartered.

You can harp on all you like about chasing quality players, but the fact is Lonie, Egan, Holland, Richards, Toovey, and Davies are not wanted or needed by any team. These are the only players ever suggested on here. Surely you can't all be that naive.

I never noticed people discussing trading Fraser, Rusling, Didak, N Brown, Reid, Lockyer ........ :rolleyes:

I never noticed people discussing trading Fraser, Rusling, Didak, N Brown, Reid, Lockyer ........ :rolleyes:

They were discussed in context of a Brownlow Medal winning, Premiership Captain, and all round gun.

None of them are worth trading for a first year player of unknown ability.

They were discussed in context of a Brownlow Medal winning, Premiership Captain, and all round gun.

None of them are worth trading for a first year player of unknown ability.

Geez ..... did not expect people to jump to Warwick's defense so quickly in here ..... :eek:

I suggest if you can't handle ridiculous trade scenario's or outlandish statements then BF is not for you. Every club has their ignorant supporters who have no idea. For example any Brisbane supporter who suggests Lonie (outside player but one of our best run and carry players plus elite disposal) Egan (he can play and he'll become a regular) Holland (No1 tagger, played well up until midseason last year when injuries limited his ability to run) Richards (strictly a back up) can't play I would put into that category. In fact your posts have to be one of the best examples of the pot calling the kettle black.

And interesting that you should choose the loveable but senile corporal Jones as your avatar, something more appropriate I have not scene. Thanks for posting but my suggestion to you is go look up objectivity in the dictionary then get some.

Remove this Banner Ad

Combined Cameron Wood thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back