Congratulations Adam Cooney 2008 Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Well regardless of the debate about who should - I believe Adam Cooney is a fine Brownlow winner.

WEll done young man :thumbsu:

Working at the Dome I get to see abit of players from other teams and I find I like watching Cooney at work. A real footballers footballer.

Again well done.

Good call :thumbsu:

Re: Congratulations Adam Coney 2008 Brownlow Medalist

The Brownlow Medal is for the best and fairest player in the competition. If it was given out to players who've helped their club have a succesful season, or who've given drive from the centre, then Brownlow Medals would be a dime-a-dozen.

Have a sook mate ! Yr soooo Jealous !:p

Well this just confirms my theory even more. The umps severely dislike Gary Jr. and his constant whinging...

Well done to Adam Cooney :thumbsu: :)

when ablett misses out as much as westy then you guys can sook. seriously a disgrace you geelong supporters are thinking no player is close to those of geelong. cooney played with a broken knee cap and yet is not a worthy winner? i guess we should give it to a guy that cries when he doesn't get a free or worse when he gets pinned.

I like Wanganeen as a player but he shouldnt have won, Diesel should've. Still, well done. Great achievement. Maybe Williams can get some retribution this Saturday when the Blues take on the Baby Bombers.

This post was brought to you by the colour green and the number 1993.

Can i join in the puff session dt ?? :p

i think a lot of them are becoming very cocky and arrogant and full of themselves after last years success - which is sad !

as for the brownlow, on many occasions the ouright favourite doesnt win, so i suppose that there must be MANY un-deserving brownlow winners out there ey??? :confused:

anyway, well done coons ! Great news for the Dogs, and a great season too !

I'm sure when the dogs start winning flags soon they wont lose that workmenlike, modest, and battler mentality. unlike some teams

Some people can't seem to get it through their heads, the Brownlow is a collection of votes as compared to the other players on the ground in each match, it is not who is the best or most talented player in each year.

If that's the case, and it's as simple as that, tell the AFL and media to not refer to it as the 'Best & Fairest'.

I'm certainly not complaining about Ablett, nor any other Geelong players (except perhaps Bartel), but I'm frustrated with the system. This is the system which is promoted as the paramount measure of the league's talent. If this is the case, then the best player must be chosen, or at least the lesser players must not have a chance at winning.

The fact that Black and Goodes were right in the mix is ridiculous. Not even close to making the AA team, these two players are just umpires' pets. Luke Hodge (2 votes) and Jimmy Bartel (10 votes) are so far superior it's dumbfounding.

Give Cooney a break.....

He deserved to win cause he had the most votes...

Jeez, I think some people dont know how the brownlow works....

Its not the best player that year. Thats the AFLPA MVP award.

Its the player who polled the most votes in each round and is affected by team-mates taking votes from you if you are in a good team or getting overlooked if you are in a shit team. Technically you could win a brownlow without ever being voted the BOG in any round. Get enough 2 and 1 points and there ya go.

Its also voted on by men that have enough trouble working out if its a push in the back or not so how could they tell who were the best 3 players on the ground.

So if you have a problem, dont whine about Cooney, whine about the system.

Otherwise, congrats CoonDog:thumbsu:

I cant believe people dont think hes a deserved winner! Hes been one of the favourites all season and was always going to poll very well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Give Cooney a break.....

He deserved to win cause he had the most votes...

Jeez, I think some people dont know how the brownlow works....

Its not the best player that year. Thats the AFLPA MVP award.

Its the player who polled the most votes in each round and is affected by team-mates taking votes from you if you are in a good team or getting overlooked if you are in a shit team. Technically you could win a brownlow without ever being voted the BOG. Get enough 2 and 1 points and there ya go.

Its also voted on by men that have enough trouble working out if its a push in the back or not so how could they tell who were the best 3 players on the ground.

So if you have a problem, dont whine about Cooney, whine about the system.

Honestly, I doubt Cooney is gonna care what some flogs on an internet forum think anyway...

All he probably cares about tonight is getting nice and blind and going home to get some quality lovin' :thumbsu:

Have a sook mate ! Yr soooo Jealous !:p

After finally figuring out what you actually wrote, I have this in reply:

Firstly, why would I sook, at no point have I been angry, annoyed or sad that a Geelong player didn't win the Brownlow.

Secondly, why would I be jealous. Not only did Bartel win it last year, which made my heart content, but we won the premiership. So at this point in time, I'm in fact the opposite of jealous, whatever that is.

Your turn.

After finally figuring out what you actually wrote, I have this in reply:

Firstly, why would I sook, at no point have I been angry, annoyed or sad that a Geelong player didn't win the Brownlow.

Secondly, why would I be jealous. Not only did Bartel win it last year, which made my heart content, but we won the premiership. So at this point in time, I'm in fact the opposite of jealous, whatever that is.

Your turn.

Look, ALL I ASK IS give the bloke some credit instead of justifying why he shouldnt have won it etc

cant people just be happy for the bloke ?

Honestly !:mad:

what is the point of 200 posts saying "well done Adam Cooney worthy winner" whilst ignoring that the favourite was unlucky to miss again.

I am happy for Adam Cooney, seems like a great bloke and obviously can play the game

Re: Give Cooney a break.....

Same I have no issues at all with him winning, he's a very good player! And now a brownlow medalist. It would of been amazing if Richo won though, I would of cried. Would be the happiest moment of my football loving life. I've only been attending the footy since 1996! So one final campaign in 12 years.

Look, ALL I ASK IS give the bloke some credit instead of justifying why he shouldnt have won it etc

cant people just be happy for the bloke ?

Honestly !:mad:

At no point have I been "justifying why he shouldnt have won it". If you look back at previous posts, I've either been:
- Dispelling ridiculously lowly arguments containing expletives, or:
- Voicing my disgust over players like Black and Goodes polling so highly, and players like Hodge and Bartel polling so lowly.

im surprised geelong fans havent already got over umpires ignoring the abletts. In 1993 senior kicked 10 in a game and didnt poll. FACT!

Thankyou very much! Chucked a tenner on him, as well as a seperate bet from earlier on for him to place. Also Richo to place as well! Very successful night!

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations Adam Cooney 2008 Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Back