Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Draft and Trade Period Key Dates​

Oct 17 to Nov 8: Pick swap window
Nov 1 to Nov 8: Delisted free agency period
Nov 20-21: Telstra AFL Draft
Nov 22: Telstra Pre-Season Draft and Rookie Draft

I cant see him going anywhere unless he is uncontracted… as I cant see WC doing what Port has just done….

..and if that uncontracted move happens … I dread the thought of how many R1 picks will be involved now that the will allow two years ahead...

Then again if you are really unlucky …someone like Richmond might be on the bottom of the ladder ..and they will just put him into the PSD and you get zero...

If Richmond finish bottom the next 2 years Reid wouldn't even consider going there. He will want a successful club.

It is because they don't really exist. Pods was a massive outlier. Mitch Lewis at the Hawks via the under 18s but to even get that one decent guy you have 18 clubs churning through half a dozen Buzza's, Phoenix Foster's etc each. Best case scenario you get a Sav level player in that range. We are better off using our later picks on defenders and small/medium forwards where you stand a chance of getting an AFL level player. Key forward and gun mid will need to be either through first round picks or trade/FA.
Of course there is alot of bad ones. But there are good key forwards

Josh Treacy- Rookie
Larkey- pick 73
Chol- Rookie ( not a gun, but serves a roll Taylor Walker- 75

It's the go with every position, the higher the draft picks , they are usually better, but you can always strike a good fish with a lower pick..

If Richmond finish bottom the next 2 years Reid wouldn't even consider going there. He will want a successful club.
I think the point is more how can we afford enough picks to satisfy WCE in order to get him. Even if OOC.

And he wouldn't want to go to PSD as a team like Richmond can and probably use their first despite his wishes.

On a side note, if he's definetely flight risk WCE are probably better off trading him before he's OOC.

Mate, if Richmond use all 8 draft picks on kids.
And then offer me $16 mil over 8 years then I'm going there. I would not care one bit if they finish on the bottom. Because that won't last long.

Having said that, they'd need to trade out 4 first round picks this year to be any chance of getting him.
And there's a reason why Pav and Nic nat never moved. Theres huge wealth to be made in W.A

And then offer me $16 mil over 8 years then I'm going there. I would not care one bit if they finish on the bottom. Because that won't last long.

Having said that, they'd need to trade out 4 first round picks this year to be any chance of getting him.
And there's a reason why Pav and Nic nat never moved. Theres huge wealth to be made in W.A
Yeah good point , which clubs will actually be willing and able to pay him that. I don't think Geelong board would approve it.

How much success did the Judd trade earn Carlton?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you never heard Josh Jenkins talk about heights?
They dont get measured. The players write down what height they are.

He admitted he'd change it each year.
Said that he had times where a player would walk up to him and he'd start laughing. "You're not as tall as is stated on your bio. I know how tall I am and you're 4cm less than what you've said".

Have to be honest, I'm not exactly 'tall' at 180cm but most of my friends are basketballers and the shortest being 6ft'2, tallest 6ft'5. They often bump into other basketballers and you know a 7 footer when you see one. Their presence is awesome.
Having met Conway, he is definitely taller than 6ft'8 and he actually has a proportionate torso.

Some people are all head (Holmes).

Have to be honest, I'm not exactly 'tall' at 180cm but most of my friends are basketballers and the shortest being 6ft'2, tallest 6ft'5. They often bump into other basketballers and you know a 7 footer when you see one. Their presence is awesome.
Having met Conway, he is definitely taller than 6ft'8 and he actually has a proportionate torso.

Some people are all head (Holmes).
Yes you are tall. Why sell yourself short? The average height on men on the planet is 173cms. The average height of men in australia is less then 176 cms.

My Tilly: you are tall!

180cm or 5ft'11 isn't considered tall. I believe for Westerners, that is average.

Certainly when it comes to sports, the average AFL player is 187.5cm (6ft'2).
Its not average though. Its above average making you tall. Own it.

Sportsmen are far far taller then the average men. They are not a good representation of what tall is.

Of course there is alot of bad ones. But there are good key forwards

Josh Treacy- Rookie
Larkey- pick 73
Chol- Rookie ( not a gun, but serves a roll Taylor Walker- 75

It's the go with every position, the higher the draft picks , they are usually better, but you can always strike a good fish with a lower pick..
Mihocek. Not a superstar, but a quality premiership forward who averages almost 2 goals per game over his career.

You reckon they’ll use all 8 this year?
No chance. They’ll trade into next year, makes no sense to dilute the picks in one year.

No doubt. I have my doubts whether their strategy will bear fruit. Got to say though it’s an exciting time to be a Tiger fan with this many picks leading into an apparently strong draft. At least it provides hope. I’d much rather be a Tiger fan than a Bomber who are immersed in perpetual mediocrity.
I don’t think I could stomach being a tigers fan next season. They are going to be so bad, it will be painful to watch.

WC of 2 seasons ago were almost the least competitive team I have ever seen, and the tigers of 2025 are going to be worse than that.

The fun of watching young players will have worn off by half time of round one when they are 50 points behind whoever they are playing.

No draft crop is worth going through that. I would much rather be a Bombers fan and actually enjoy watching my team be somewhat competitive.

I don’t think I could stomach being a tigers fan next season. They are going to be so bad, it will be painful to watch.

WC of 2 seasons ago were almost the least competitive team I have ever seen, and the tigers of 2025 are going to be worse than that.

The fun of watching young players will have worn off by half time of round one when they are 50 points behind whoever they are playing.

No draft crop is worth going through that. I would much rather be a Bombers fan and actually enjoy watching my team be somewhat competitive.
God I hope we draw them twice

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back