List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 41 28.1%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 19 13.0%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 13 8.9%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 40 27.4%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

I get the reasoning behind looking for fringe players at other clubs to help boost our depth but there needs to be a limit to how many we bring in

Two, maybe three at a stretch, should be the limit to avoid becoming a team of middle aged journeyman
Get where you are coming from but I don’t see 22yo players (Carroll, Dev) as journey men if we get them. Just getting them out of good systems that have great mids and are putting up great VFL numbers. Are they state league players or afl players? Time will tell.

Baker, Cummings and Buss are above that tier imo. Someone like Setterfield you might only throw that dart if you miss out on others.

Agreed you can’t bring in a heap of players from other clubs but if our recruits believe thet are better then some of our current list cloggers it’s worth throwing a few darts.

Hit the draft recently which is good but still need to add to that 22-28yo range while some of the kids develop.

List cloggers or journey men? What ever we do, go to the draft with our top 3 pick unless it’s Warner that is coming in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well ****

Who's the next West Aussie coming home that i can get excited about? And don't ****ing say Dev..

Hi priced: Warner, Baker
Low priced: Carroll, Garcia

Back