List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 39 27.9%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 40 28.6%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Hypothetically, had we drafted Wardlaw or Sheezel, and they were adamant on leaving at the end of this year, what would we have gotten for them?

A top 5 pick to pair with the one we're getting for being Fitzroy?
Would Wardlaw or Sheez be worth more than pick 2 theyd have been drafted at?

Wardlaw/Sheez + F3 for Richmonds first pick + Baker? Dont want Bolton here

Saints have nothing for us to add to their pick, Hawks nothing, then its the Dees who have a few decent WA players but the pick is getting too far back.

Curtin + pick 4/5 from the Crows for Wardlaw/Sheez + a F3? ( I know theyd want to go home, not to SA)

Saints have nothing for us to add to their pick, Hawks nothing, then its the Dees who have a few decent WA players but the pick is getting too far back.

Curtin + pick 4/5 from the Crows for Wardlaw/Sheez + a F3? ( I know theyd want to go home, not to SA)
Wardlaw would be requesting to get to his beloved Bombers. Two picks in the teens.

Could have been a similar result to Cerra IMO (originally pick 5, traded for pick 6) who Freo turned into Amiss. Or best case scenario they retain their value like JHF.

Hypothetically, had we drafted Wardlaw or Sheezel, and they were adamant on leaving at the end of this year, what would we have gotten for them?

A top 5 pick to pair with the one we're getting for being Fitzroy?
Less. Neither would have gotten on the plane and would have held the club to ransom id say

Have another go at Nick Bryan again this off season I think - Flynn ain’t it.

He re-signed for 2 years last year and has played 1 game in the AFL - performing well in the VFL.

They signed Goldstein and gave him games ahead of Bryan.

Essendon might be keen if the offer is good, Bryan might be keen on more money and the security of another couple of years.

He re-signed for 2 years last year and has played 1 game in the AFL - performing well in the VFL.

Essendon might be keen if the offer is good, Bryan might be keen on more money and the security of another couple of years.

With Rosa and Vozzo at the Bombers, I’d think we could end up with a positive trading relationship with them in the years to come

Goldstein is cooked and will retire at the end of the season.

I had an interesting chance discussion with a high-profile former president of a Victorian club earlier this year.

L.Kane came up as a topic (it was actually about legal compensation and someone made a lame joke that they should call her as she's always looking after anything to do with North Melbourne - and no, it was not me).
This person had a very different view:

"She doesn't give a f**k about North, she's going to kill them. She's a death adder, wagging the tail, letting them come right in close before the final strike comes... That's why she's got the job, she's got the ambition and a bigger set of balls than the rest of that mob to get it done and make it look like it's doing everyone a favour... And if it all goes to shit, they'll just hang her out and keep their jobs..."

Cue an awkward silence at the table.

"Look, nobody wants 19 clubs. North and Hawks are going to be f**ked off from Tassie and will need money from somewhere, that's when she'll make her move... I reckon she will enjoy it that way as well..."

And that was it: he smiled, half chuckled, re-filled his glass, then pointed over at a someone across the table and started discussing business as if the last 30 seconds had never happened.

Whether any of that has any truth to it at all, I have no idea. But it certainly was striking and quite unexpected.

If she’s willing to move or kill North, she should definitely be the next CEO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The "Contracted until 2025" is such a depressing list to read.

You just know this match committee will continue to pour the games into Darling, Sheed, Cole, Jamieson, Cripps & Petch next year.

Where is the hope?
Cole and cripps are both best 22 deservingly so .

I would take cole over all of witherden, rotham , Jones in our backline .

Cole also turns the ball over way less than duggan

We need to move away from our "recruit locals as they won't want to go home" mindset. Call these kids who say they wouldn't want to move interstates bluff. We've been too WA centric for years and I'm glad that last year we took Reid, Reid and Johnston.

I still don't think we use the Rookie list very well and hold onto players too long. Whether that be a lack of talent identification or a woke attitude of giving someone every chance to show they are a spud I don't know but I'd like too see us rotating more new players through that pathway.

Last of all I'd like to see us increase our talent identification team to regional areas rather than concentrating on the talent pathway of just watching PSA - U16s - U18s. Become more proactive in finding that diamond in the rough rather than relying on talent that's been identified by the collective AFL.

Flynn needs more then 2 games really.

If we gonna give up on Flynn thoiugh then Tim English is the answer

Isnt that why we dont like Flynn? Not good enough around the ground?

English is a better ruck then Willians. Lets not kid ourselves
Go and take a look at what Bulldogs supporters think of him currently.

Many would be stoked to ship him out due to him being a liability in the ruck, as well as being soft as butter.

Cole and cripps are both best 22 deservingly so .

I would take cole over all of witherden, rotham , Jones in our backline .

Cole also turns the ball over way less than duggan

Cole would not start in a current Top 8 side.

Cripps is very good one week, MIA the next. At 32, that 50% ratio is not improving next season.

It's an illustration of just how poor we are that they are able to retain any form of reputation.

Back