List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 45 28.5%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 41 25.9%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 3 1.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Let’s see how we could actually turn over 10 players…

Senior list (currently 37):
Out (7): Gaff, Darling (retired), Ledwards, Jones, Hedwards, Rotham, Burgiel (delisted)
In (7): Maric promoted, Baker (for F2), Carroll (for chips), Pick 3, Pick 23, Pick 59, Pick 77/DFA/PSD

Rookie list (currently 8, needs to be reduced to 7):
Out (4): Maric promoted, Trew, Baker, Culley delisted (Rawlinson, Hutchinson and the two Cat Bs retained)
In (3): two picks and Ruscoe as an SSP signing.

Wasn’t that hard.
It wasnt hard if you live in a fantasy world where Baker comes for just 1 F2nd pick and Darling retires and Eagles decide to go into the season with only Rhett Bazzo as a proven tall defender option

Like 5 posts up someone said HEdwards is our future at CHB and now he is delisted.... We are not consistent on that one

My prediction also is we are 1 to 2 players short, not saying the first 6 wont be easy and the like...

Last edited:
Easy.

Long reactivated.

Rookie elevated - dewer/hutch

Trade requests. If there are a few disgruntled they might leave on own accord.

That leaves 8 to delist or trade out.

I've got these players on the chopping block.

Gaff
Sheed
Rotham
Trew
Witherden
JJ
Baker
Darling

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
But thats fantasy land stuff. We are not delisting 2 players under contract + a player whose in our best 22 week in week out

Simmo said pretty cleary that 15-20 playing WAFL and 10 to go.

You probably gotta look at that list to find your delistings. Burgiel for example is going off the main list whether people wanna admit it or not as a example

It wasnt hard if you live in a fantasy world where Baker comes for just 1 F2nd pick and Darling retires and Eagles decide to go into the season with only Rhett Bazzo as a proven tall defender option

Like 5 posts up someone said HEdwards is our future at CHB and now he is delisted.... We are not consistent on that one

Baker for our F2 seems fair? Maybe I’m undervaluing him because I don’t really want him.

One of Darling or Sheed should retire and get paid out. I put Darling in there for the sake of the exercise. Make it Sheed if you like.

Wasn’t me that said Edwards was our future CHB. Bring in one as the DFA for depth. Eg Grainger-Barrass, I’ve read he’s finally started to show a bit at Box Hill although probably not enough to get another deal. Bring him in and see if Gov and Barrass can’t mold him into the player he looked like being in his draft year.

Or just keep Hedwards and only turn over 9 players 🤷🏼‍♂️

I am a fan of the top 6 or so which is why id like to keep a top 6 pick. If we split picks its either with Gold Coast or Fremantle and think we fall too far down to get the quality we are needing
If that’s your appraisal fair enough but the quality between pick 10 and 30 is the best I’ve seen in years. It’s the top end of the draft that is weak compared to previous years.

Simmo when he says he’s disappointed by the loss: “All talk, he doesn’t even mean that.”

Simmo when he mentions we can expect some player movements: “The specific round number at a midseason press conference is set in stone and how do they even think they’re going to get it done, it simply doesn’t make sense, what direction is our once great club going in?”

Baker for our F2 seems fair? Maybe I’m undervaluing him because I don’t really want him.

One of Darling or Sheed should retire and get paid out. I put Darling in there for the sake of the exercise. Make it Sheed if you like.

Wasn’t me that said Edwards was our future CHB. Bring in one as the DFA for depth. Eg Grainger-Barrass, I’ve read he’s finally started to show a bit at Box Hill although probably not enough to get another deal. Bring him in and see if Gov and Barrass can’t mold him into the player he looked like being in his draft year.

Or just keep Hedwards and only turn over 9 players 🤷🏼‍♂️
Definetly wont be seen as fair by Richmond.

Id retire both and pay both out but doesnt mean it will actually happen. For Darling he is currently best 22 so hard to even think that would happen. I dont think many teams delist and pay out best 22 players even during a rebuild. Cant really think of too many examples.

Sheed should retire and get paid out but if we didnt do it with Gaff, then we probably wont with Sheed. Id expect in Simmos eyes also Sheed is wanted to replace Gaff as that "experience in the WAFL" in all reality.

Wanting something to happen and it actually happening are not the same. I want what you said to occur, I just dont think it will

Simmo when he says he’s disappointed by the loss: “All talk, he doesn’t even mean that.”

Simmo when he mentions we can expect some player movements: “The specific round number at a midseason press conference is set in stone and how do they even think they’re going to get it done, it simply doesn’t make sense, what direction is our once great club going in?”
Think you misunderstood. I said he is all talk and no action because he picks his favorites and sticks to them. Yesterdays team named shows that.

This weeks papers also showed that well some players agree

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheed should retire and get paid out but if we didnt do it with Gaff, then we probably wont with Sheed. Id expect in Simmos eyes also Sheed is wanted to replace Gaff as that "experience in the WAFL" in all reality.

I think it’s odds-on at this point that what’s in Simmo’s eyes won’t be relevant by October.

Interesting that Rotham is mentioned on AFL site as gettable. Not sure he would bet us anything as a free agent.
3rd or 4th rounder.

Lions may be interested as they picked 3 half backs in the MSD due to being so weak in defense.

Crows previously interested.

Tigers defense looks inexperienced.

Saints if they lose Battle.

Rotham wont cost a club anything but cap space.

So my prediction is below

Delist (main list)
Rotham
Burgiel
LEdwards
Gaff
J.Jones
H.Edwards

Promote
Maric

Rookie
Baker
Culley
Trew
Maric (now on main list)

Trade in for Baker + pick 40 odd for 23 + f2nd . Give Carlton pick 59 odd for Carroll.

Main list additions of Baker, Carroll, Maric and 3 picks of like pick 8,14 and pick 40 odd (we should be taking more)

H.Edwards, J.Jones to rookie list + 2 picks

ie. Depressing reading mostly

Doubt Burgiel or Hedwards get delisted.

Burgiel was only drafted a couple years ago and was tracking well over pre season before injury/illness. Think they'll give him another chance.

Hedwards is the clear replacement for Gov/TB. He will be kept as insurance 100%. Hopefully he can cement a spot once in.

Delist:

Gaff (retired)
Ledwards
JJ

The latter 2 just can't make that jump into AFL.

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Let’s see how we could actually turn over 10 players…

Senior list (currently 37):
Out (7): Gaff, Darling (retired), Ledwards, Jones, Hedwards, Rotham, Burgiel (delisted)
In (7): Maric promoted, Baker (for F2), Carroll (for chips), Pick 3, Pick 23, Pick 59, Pick 77/DFA/PSD

Rookie list (currently 8, needs to be reduced to 7):
Out (4): Maric promoted, Trew, Baker, Culley delisted (Rawlinson, Hutchinson and the two Cat Bs retained)
In (3): two picks and Ruscoe as an SSP signing.

Wasn’t that hard.

And how can we add players at little to no draft cost?

Free agent - Parfitt or Ruscoe as a DFA. Ruscoe replaces Rotham.

3rd or 4th rounders - Dev Robertson and Jack Carrol

Upgrades to main list Maric and Hutchinson.

So that is 5 to 6 additions to the main list that cost us a couple of 3rds or 4th rounders.

Leaves 2024 pick 2/3, 23 and likely two years of future 1st, 2nds and 3rds to trade for players or picks. Can see why two years of pick trading has been floated to help get deals done.

Last edited:
Back