List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 50 27.9%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 23 12.8%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 17 9.5%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 45 25.1%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 14 7.8%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 9 5.0%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Kid isn't playing cause Freo have major concerns about his disposal by foot.
I don't believe Erasmus is the answer to WC's problems

You may be right however there have been some very good footballers with issues with their kicking. Its how good their consistency and footy smart that matters more.

For the love of God, can we fix our fumbles issue. So many times we have a two second window only to lose it by fumbling it in contest.

I don't care who we take at Pick 2, being a one-touch player is a non negotiable.

So solution to our woes is to trade any good players we have. To make us even worse.

Why don’t we just blind fold young players and send them out. You need seasoned players to fast track.

Don’t know about you lot, perhaps you all have higher IQ than me but I have never learnt anything quicker by NOT having anyone explain it who has done it before. Apparently that doesn’t matter in football?

You may be right however there have been some very good footballers with issues with their kicking. Its how good their consistency and footy smart that matters more.
He's too slow too. I think that matters more than ever in todays game.

Unless he's an absolute clearance freak like prime Priddis, you can't be that slow and have dodgy disposal imo

Not many free agents left, as others have said absolutely throw the world at Cumming, then Parfitt is nice depth for our midfield. Not many others left id even consider.
Id consider a F4 swap with Brisbane or Carlton for Carroll or that Brisbane guy we dont speak of.
Thatd give us more than enough depth in the midfield to do some things with Reid, Ginbey and Hewett to hopefully protect them a bit.
Getting in a couple ready made mids lets us move Yeo around too, so we potentially have another defender in Yeo plus a couple of forwards in Hewett and Reid. Easier to make a call to delist Rotham and Witherden if we have some other options.
If there was a small defender we could find somewhere who was 20+ years old, and could come in and just provide depth, thatd be a great pickup too.
I dont think we need much else urgently, take the rest of our hand to the draft. If we got Cumming, the need for Travaglia is not as dire, so id be less keen on splitting. Get a young KPD and probably a smaller defender/half back with our other 2 picks and we are sorted for another year.

If any fringe players want to leave id let them, and just draft to replace whatever position we lost(except KPF) with whatever pick comes our way, with the KPD and running defender top of the list with our later picks.

If there was a small defender we could find somewhere who was 20+ years old, and could come in and just provide depth, thatd be a great pickup too.
I dont think we need much else urgently, take the rest of our hand to the draft. If we got Cumming, the need for Travaglia is not as dire, so id be less keen on splitting. Get a young KPD and probably a smaller defender/half back with our other 2 picks and we are sorted for another year.

If any fringe players want to leave id let them, and just draft to replace whatever position we lost(except KPF) with whatever pick comes our way, with the KPD and running defender top of the list with our later picks.
You really should be looking at Prior as a delisted pick up.

IMG_3340.jpeg

I hope to god Clarke is given free reign when it comes to selecting talent because the former regime and list management committee have well and truly ****ed this club.

Maybe one day Chesser pulls something resembling a well rounded game together but every time I see Matthew Johnson play I just want to punch the ****ing TV.

Just how we weren’t interested in a 190cm plus WA midfielder who can find the footy is ****ing beyond me.

Nope we take the player coming off an injury year becasue we think we’re so good at identifying talent and the fact they didn’t play means we’re stealing a “bargain”

Morons the lot of them.

Is there any light at the end of the tunnel because some days I just don’t know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Erasmus doesn’t defend / run both ways, he’s slow and his skills are poor.

He’d be good depth but I’m just not sure he’s an AFL standard footballer.

Imo any depth mid we trade/sign as a FA has to be more defensively minded than offensive. We have Hewett and Reid as our offence focused mids, with Yeo and Kelly being more offensive than defensive for the short term too.
We need at least 1 accumulator who can be a 30 possession per week sort of guy, but thats probably a guy we draft like a FOS or something.

If they can come in straight away and stand next to the oppositions best mid each week and average 5+ tackles, along with their 15-20 touches, thatd be a win.
Dont care that Ginbey might be this guy for us long term, 2 of these guys in the side isnt the worst thing in the world, itd stabilise our midfield a lot, which really should be the goal imo

Garcia is an AFL level player if fit and over his injury issues. Would have no issue with the club looking at him.

Carroll is completely one sided with an average kick, slow off the mark but decent top speed, (good overhead mark), has a competitive streak but tbh he's just another one of those guys who will be too good for vfl but not good enough at AFL level. He's never going to be a starting inside mid and outside of that I don't see a spot for him. Does not have 1 elite quality.
Yet which one do we chase......Carroll of course

Guys I'm legit concerned.

I think Tim Kelly is showing his age. And so is Elliot Yeo.

We need to draft players who can replace them.

The question is: When the ball is on the deck who do we trust???

Ginbey does not do it for me in terms of inside mid capabilities.

Is Elijah Hewitt capable of doing it? He seems like an outside player.

Untested Clay hall?????

Hence, It's official we need to look at Sam Lalor or Sid Draper
Hewett is most definitely not outside. He looks at home at a stoppage, has great instinct for where the ball is going, & has the speed & strength to collect & move out of stoppage.

I hope to god Clarke is given free reign when it comes to selecting talent because the former regime and list management committee have well and truly ****ed this club.

Maybe one day Chesser pulls something resembling a well rounded game together but every time I see Matthew Johnson play I just want to punch the ****ing TV.

Just how we weren’t interested in a 190cm plus WA midfielder who can find the footy is ****ing beyond me.

Nope we take the player coming off an injury year becasue we think we’re so good at identifying talent and the fact they didn’t play means we’re stealing a “bargain”

Morons the lot of them.

Is there any light at the end of the tunnel because some days I just don’t know.
I'm 100% sure I heard Simmo say in the pre-flight presser that he was on the list management committee.

A strong performance from Lalor who's still getting back to his best after his long injury layoff. He played through the midfield for most of the game with stints in the forward line and while he still lacks the tank to get to an many contests as you would like, he showed his ability to influence stoppage with his power and physicality. Up forward he was a dangerous marking target, and chipped in with three valuable goals.

He hasn't gotten a lot of footy at champs level has he? Is he just not a high production player. He's been back from injury a fair while now right, so can conditioning still be used as an excuse? What he does do certainly looks good though.

Erasmus doesn’t defend / run both ways, he’s slow and his skills are poor.

He’d be good depth but I’m just not sure he’s an AFL standard footballer.
Neil does run both ways and therefore does defend so that part you've got wrong. Brodie on the other hand...
However you're right about his pace and skills.

Interestingly his 1 wood was his overhead marking- has amazing sticky fingers - and yet Freo have told him not to fly for marks. Go figure.

Unless Jamieson can prove himself as a KPD in the remaining games this year, I think we should Langdon his contract and pay him out at year end.

He turns 24 next year. He isn’t a ruckman at AFL level, he might make it as a KPD if he can stay on the park but I think retaining him is a luxury we can’t afford. Matt Clarke’s inherited a mess with so many ruck and ruck/potential KPDs on the list with none of them really proven as viable durable AFL rucks. I’d like to see another ruck added to the list, and we just can’t justify another list spot for a ruck unless we cut one of the many we already have.

Back