List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Ongoing discussions:

• List Manager Matt Clarke appeared on Sept 11 Gettable - Click spoiler below for summary
    On the draft: "We predicted that the draft was strong, but it's probably gotten stronger during the year."

On top end of draft: "You could probably make five or six different choices and get it right."

On Pick 3: "I reckon there's five (players) around that mark."

On splitting: "I think you want to hold an early selection if you can. The depth of this group allows you to maybe have some movement there, and see what you can do to bring in more talent in the first 20-25 picks. Easier said than done, and I think most clubs would be saying the same thing. We'll see what we can do."

On Liam Baker: "He's still yet to make a decision. They're still weighing up a few things. We'd love to get Liam on board from what he offers from a talent and leadership point of view. We understand where we're at as a group, we're rebuilding our group, we need to add some guys in the middle tier to support our young group."

On Jack Graham: "We've got a number of players that we're speaking to. A bit of a wait and see on that one as well. We'll talk to a number of guys."

On Shai Bolton: "I think it will be difficult for anybody, really. He's heavily contracted and a high quality player."

On James Peatling: "He's heavily involved in a finals series at the moment so I don't want to comment too much on it, but I think there's a number of guys that have been playing really good footy this year that could suit what we do and what other clubs do. He's taken his footy to another level this year."

On Tom Barrass: "We've had an early discussion with Hawthorn about it, they understand where we're at. He's nominated Hawthorn as his ideal destination. We want what we think he's worth, as a genuine key back in the competition that can do what he can do. We're obviously mindful of getting an appropriate deal for West Coast."

On Tom Clurey: "Maybe (note: sounded very non enthused). We'd probably need some key back depth, whether that's through the draft or trade and free agency."

On Jack Darling: "We've had initial discussions with his management group about (moving). We're open to talking, as we are with all of our players, but Jack's contracted with us."

On Liam Ryan: "I expect him to be at West Coast next year, yes." (The most definitive answer of the day by a mile, a non-starter of a talking point.)

On out of contact players e.g. Rotham, Witherden, Jones: "We're still working through what it looks like from a list point of view, and how many selections we'll want to have, and players that may come in and potentially may go out. You might want to give a coach an opportunity to look at these guys."

On Harley Reid: "We've had discussions most of the year with his management group. I think it sits in a really good place. We're open to doing really whatever they want to do to be honest. We're really confident in building the right system around Harley, on and off field, to make sure that he's really comfortable, that he's going to play his best footy, and his long term future."

On Jake Waterman's new deal: "Yep, really close. We're working really closely with his management on that. I expect that we'll have something done pretty soon."

On Oscar Allen: "We've been talking with Oscar and his manager most of the year on that one. We're going through some stuff at the moment. I think we'll be ok with that one."

Past rumoured targets:

Last edited by a moderator:
Our top 2 picks and Gold Coasts top 2 picks are exactly the same in terms of points

Picks 3 and 26 for 6 and 13

Than I think we go 14 from hawks for baker and 32
And Gold Coast can be silly and trade pick 3 for Rioli and hopefully something else back

Be nice to go to the draft with 6,13,32 and the late picks plus having baker
I expect Gold Coast to sell 13 to the highest bidder. That seems to be the pick at the centre of the Houston trade.

Pick 3 should be enough for rioli and baker. Using our pick 2 split as an example, into 9 14. 9 unders for rioli, 14 overs for baker. It gives tigers pick 3 for there duo dream.

Three way deal

Suns get rioli 26
Suns give 6 13

Tigers give rioli baker
Tigers get pick 3

Eagles give 3 26
Eagle get 6 13 baker

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Thats actually not bad

Swap 14 and Hawks F1 for Saints 7

Go to draft with 6, 7 and 13

So we either had no interest in bumping up Graham's salary (effectively pick purchasing) to give Richmond a better pick which we could use in the Baker deal OR we lack this creativity.
Not always as black and white as you imply. You over pay a player, it can create waves in the playing group in the long run.

Tigers getting band 4 is only good news.

Seems like they're sooking about not getting a compo pick in the mid-20s. For a bloke they dont rate and reckon wouldnt be in their side if they were in contention.

Haha it seems they were all like Baker's good but haha you can have Graham suckers. What changed!? 🤣

Although I'm sure they have the same Team Yellow/Dry Beds split we have. Their Team Yellow now has the same 1-nil lead ours does, and for the same reason, feeling bent over by AFL compo shenanigans.

Their team Dry Beds have a better chance of taking the win than ours though, with Baker and Rioli trades looking good for them.

Not always as black and white as you imply. You over pay a player, it can create waves in the playing group in the long run.

Tigers getting band 4 is only good news.

Aaaand then the thread would've been full of whingers saying we paid him too much etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Travaglia and Lindsay can play both positions bloody well. Both also have far better disposal and footy IQ than Ginbey and Duggan. We missed our pure wing chance with Freijah last year

I know I'm coming off belligerent when it comes to him, and I dont mean to since we clearly agree on the prospects much more than we disagree, but in what world is Travaglia's disposal so great, or better than (eg) Duggan's? I like him as a high urgency, metres gained player but he's hardly a surgeon by hand or foot. Lindsay yes.

Hopefully Graham comes over and can have an impact similar to JaydenHunt. In saying that, I think we should temper expectations. Richmond chose not to offer him a better deal at a time they are screaming out for experience and salary cap space. Hopefully Graham is our defensive mid and it unlocks Harley and tk a bit more.

What a shit show from the vAFL to offer fair compensation (band 4) for Graham and Band 1 for mckay/battle/perryman etc. Just goes to show equalisation threshold is a premiership.

On SM-A155F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Travaglia and Lindsay can play both positions bloody well. Both also have far better disposal and footy IQ than Ginbey and Duggan. We missed our pure wing chance with Freijah last year
Just curious, obviously Lindsay very good with ball in hand, but what's his running ability like? Had he been able to compete at the combine where would he sit?

On SM-A155F using BigFooty.com mobile app

WCE are so into Warner for next year. It's why we will fight tooth and nail to get Hawks first round for next year.

Money not an issue for Graham. I'd say his contract will be heavily front loaded with Darlings and Barrass money coming out of the cap of which WC would have budgeted for. Next year a lot of front ending contracts will occur so WC can pay Harley and Chad.

There is s few pundits on trade radio saying its not impossible this still happens this year. Fremantle working overtime on Warner.

Why is everyone obsessed with a rebounding defender? Isnt that Ginbey/Duggan role for a fair while yet?

Can not stress this enough

We.Need.A.Winger.

Midfielders, midfielders, midfielders. We don't need any rebounding defenders. Get the ones we got to earn their money.

what's this nonsense talk about splitting 3 and giving them 23 in addition. Get ****ed take 23 and **** off. His stats compared to perryman last year who compd at 19 were significantly below. Hard ball it, not a huge loss without him

The melts on the tuggers board over Graham
Happy Antonio Banderas GIF
Anyone available to blind quote the best melts from tigga land

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back