List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:

Owies isnt steak knives, we'd have gotten him for free regardless, his inclusion is just to save on paperwork.

Hopefully this is just step one of a bigger plan. Otherwise, I dont understand.

You know we’re truly ****ed when the trade is so bad they’ve broken ep2018 and he’s now being optimistic.

I'm gonna take the biggest hit from my copium bong and just say this; perhaps we're looking at a modest haul from this year's draft and banking extra picks into next year coz a certain Swans player has said he wants to come back home and he's our focus. Add multiple NG kids available to us too and perhaps they see the evenness of the top 20 in the draft this year as workable with an eye on next year.

Take a hit.
It’d make sense if we were getting the right value back. 3 for Baker and 12 is horrendous.

Say we get 2 F1s for Barrass and we use one of them and our 2025 pick for Warner.

That leaves us with total income and expenses of

Out: Barrass (Hawks F1, Blues F1), 3, F1

In: Baker (free), Owies (free), Warner, plus the remaining Hawks/Blues F1 .

Thats absolutely terrible business whether we get Warner or not.

Essentially Barrass, 3 and F1 for Warner and 15-18

How gross is it that Fartmantle land Shai Bolton and pick before us this year?

Half expecting:

Selection 12: West Coast - PASS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’d make sense if we were getting the right value back. 3 for Baker and 12 is horrendous.

Say we get 2 F1s for Barrass and we use one of them and our 2025 pick for Warner.

That leaves us with total income and expenses of

Out: Barrass (Hawks F1, Blues F1), 3, F1

In: Baker (free), Owies (free), Warner, plus the remaining Hawks/Blues F1 .

Thats absolutely terrible business whether we get Warner or not.

Essentially Barrass, 3 and F1 for Warner and 15-18

I'm getting the feeling that when you took a hit of the copium that you did not inhale.

Christ I looked away for a few hours and all hell broke loose.

If they do that deal…far out.

Clarke should have his head read.

That can’t be true.

Owies?!

I mean, he has shown he can contribute at AFL level but I refuse to believe that he was a deal breaker.

That’s such a laughably bad deal does it eventually come back around and actually pay off like when Collingwood signed Chris Mayne?

Jesus Christ.
Ditto. Was having a good night, finished a DIY project despite my busted rib, had a couple of beers while I cooked a meal, watched a shootem up movie. Had a quick squiz at the trade thread before I bedded down and WHAT THE ACTUAL F#*K

There has to be more elements to this.

Blues trading up to pick 3 and taking a kid doesn't make much sense to me. They need points to match the Camp twins and at the moment have virtually none bar the picks they look like giving the Eagles, 12 & 14. They also have almost no points from next years draft they can trade forward to secure Cody Walker in 2026, and they will almost certainly need to, unless they plan to trade out a valuable player to cover that.

It was reported late today Port just pulled out of the Houston to Collingwood deal, involving Suns, Lukosius and so forth.

Blues are surely angling to end up with Houston, a 2025 rd 1 pick and some points to match the Camp twins.

Eagles will surely want in return for pick 3 - Baker, pick 12(or 14?) and something else, maybe a pick in the 20's, which would seem a more realistic return.

Richmond might go for pick 12 in return for Baker and the pick currently at 24. Tigers may want a bit more back their way.

I am guessing either or both of Port and Suns are going to be involved here.

I wouldn't panic until you see the final wash-up. Matt Clarke is not an idiot.

If it’s not Allan at 12 it’s probably Cooper Hynes going by the links with him. Going to start deluding myself into him being the real top pick of the draft that’s been overlooked.

I'm gonna take the biggest hit from my copium bong and just say this; perhaps we're looking at a modest haul from this year's draft and banking extra picks into next year coz a certain Swans player has said he wants to come back home and he's our focus. Add multiple NG kids available to us too and perhaps they see the evenness of the top 20 in the draft this year as workable with an eye on next year.

Take a hit.
Pick it, pack it,
Fire it up, come along
As Warner flees from the Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back