List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just sad that we have clearly given up on improving our AFL team in a decent draft year and instead focused on just trying to improve our WAFL team instead.

Time to log off & go to bed.

meanwhile geelong are getting clayton oliver and bailey smith for a stale pie

Ned Guy (ex Collingwood) oversaw one of the worst trade periods of all time.

Clarke has left him for dead. Guy is not even in sight.
Ned guy was a hero for Collingwood. Their salary cap was so ****ed he had to bend over and take one for the team and be the man everyone at that club hated . He did it to help the club .

It wasn't incompetence it was a sacrifice.

It helped them win a flag .

why?

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Why, because Richmond and GC has potential picks 6, 13 +++ first rounders.

WCE being notoriously closed shop on feeding media, its easy to put something up within inner team and see what is reported by whom....
Deliberately feeding Rhino lack of details or he's run with a source otherwise....

The whole deal just doesn't stack up..... Feels like we're playing the media game while sucking back a Cuban cigar and an 18yo Laphroaig at the Sofitel Melbourne lobby...

On SM-A336E using BigFooty.com mobile app

The timing of that was incredible. I got a comment saying 'Sorry to hear about the trade' and I was like '...what!?'

Summed it up pretty well in the second video - well done.

If true

You can't be serious. Competing with Gold Coast as the worst traders.

Carlton fans doing cartwheels and backflips in the background celebrating

I have no idea how Carlton can trade up for pick 3 .

They have pick 12 and 14 then late 4th rounders .

They can't trade any futures out because they have no future 1st .

They will have no picks for their father son picks . They need a bunch of late picks .

Why, because Richmond and GC has potential picks 6, 13 +++ first rounders.

WCE being notoriously closed shop on feeding media, its easy to put something up within inner team and see what is reported by whom....
Deliberately feeding Rhino lack of details or he's run with a source otherwise....

The whole deal just doesn't stack up..... Feels like we're playing the media game while sucking back a Cuban cigar and an 18yo Laphroaig at the Sofitel Melbourne lobby...

On SM-A336E using BigFooty.com mobile app
i want to believe...

Pyke needs to hauled over the coals by the Board after this trade period. Clarke clearly has a conflict of interest when dealing with Richmond which he has failed to manage properly. The consequence being that we are going to lose the opportunity to draft elite midfield talent in lieu of prolonged and frustrating mediocrity.

I'm gonna take the biggest hit from my copium bong and just say this; perhaps we're looking at a modest haul from this year's draft and banking extra picks into next year coz a certain Swans player has said he wants to come back home and he's our focus. Add multiple NG kids available to us too and perhaps they see the evenness of the top 20 in the draft this year as workable with an eye on next year.

Take a hit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outside of natural improvement from our young kids it's hard to equate:
Baker + Owies - Barrass = improved B22
+ player taken at 12 + whatever we gain from the Barrass picks.

Whether that equation is better than just taking Pick 3 remains to be seen (hint: it isn’t), but that’s the full equation.

Christ I looked away for a few hours and all hell broke loose.

If they do that deal…far out.

Clarke should have his head read.

That can’t be true.

Owies?!

I mean, he has shown he can contribute at AFL level but I refuse to believe that he was a deal breaker.

That’s such a laughably bad deal does it eventually come back around and actually pay off like when Collingwood signed Chris Mayne?

Jesus Christ.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back