List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Reckon Fremantles offer of Baker for essentially pick 10 scared the shit out of us for some weird reason and we caved.

Absolutely, that and the fact he would happily go to Freo if we couldn't get a fair deal done with Tigers, we blinked hard.

We are irrelevant. What an absolute joke. Just waiting for team dry sheets to pop their heads up and say its not to bad, " its a deep draft" "Baker is a nice guy and he will offer leadership and standards". What we need is someone in RECRUITING to have some ****ing standards, bunch of cum dunts.
I've been dry sheets from the start but my bed is covered in piss shit and vomit now

We are not in a rebuild... Stop pretending we are guys

The rebuild is completed and now we are pushing for finals football
Honestly we haven’t even started the rebuild, we haven’t taken it seriously. What have we done other than be garbage and have players retire? We’re not even a young team.

Hope is completely on hold for the next few years, feels like it’s going to be a waste of a couple of seasons while this inevitably fails, then we can actually start.

Never thought I’d seriously contemplate turfing my 30 year membership until now
I’ve seen this take everywhere and I don’t actually disagree with it. This club only cares about one thing. $

This is a dark, dark day for the football club.

It’s stuff of nightmares.

Liam Baker and Matt ****ing Owies

Jesus flipping Christ

I think you owe me a apology mate....

If they make this trade into a movie it would be called.

REVENGE OF THE BED WETTERS.

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO
That 70S Show Lol GIF by Peacock

You can all melt over this and piss your pants and decry the new people in charge of making this decision. But think critically and the reason we've made this decision is the previous administration has left us not much choice with poor recruiting, poor development of maturing players and poor medical management of the team in general. The last 4yrs could've been alleviated had some difficult decisions been made 3 yrs ago, to trade players with value for high end picks, stupid contracts being made and teachers pets being gifted games/contracts.

This is on nizzy, simmo, vosso, etc.

Turning one high end pick into 2 mature players and 2 picka in a deep draft is sensible business. Stopping 100point floggings and winning games won't happen with one 18yo. So move on, and figure out who we like for the picks we now have.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sort of quit the rebuild overnight ...we have added three players all about 27 yrs of age so this will help but missed the big star player that could be in a few seasons .
Two first rounders next year could entice Warner to WC IF he is keen ( unlikely )
Hands tied for WC , we need to be competitive at least so WC have done this and the two 2025 first rounders will be a stepping stone

Can you even call this a rebuild?

We’ve been garbage so we’ve had natural early picks. Players have got too old to play and retired. We haven’t actually done anything. We’re not a particularly young team and now we’ll have 26 year old Graham, 27 year old Baker and 28 year old Owies playing every week. It’s actually an old team.

Can you even call this a rebuild?

We’ve been garbage so we’ve had natural early picks. Players have got too old to play and retired. We haven’t actually done anything. We’re not a particularly young team and now we’ll have 26 year old Graham, 27 year old Baker and 28 year old Owies playing every week. It’s actually an old team.
This is disgusting. Trading pick 3 for 2 late picks? What is this.

You can all melt over this and piss your pants and decry the new people in charge of making this decision. But think critically and the reason we've made this decision is the previous administration has left us not much choice with poor recruiting, poor development of maturing players and poor medical management of the team in general. The last 4yrs could've been alleviated had some difficult decisions been made 3 yrs ago, to trade players with value for high end picks, stupid contracts being made and teachers pets being gifted games/contracts.

Turning one high end pick into 2 mature players and 2 picka in a deep draft is sensible business. Stopping 100point floggings and winning games won't happen with one 18yo. So move on, and figure out who we like for the picks we now have.

The "I cant admit I was wrong" brigade has turned up early

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok I'm on team "move on" now

Can't do anything about it

Hope the new recruits all do well.

Hope we pick up a couple of gems in the draft.

Hope we get lucky with injuries.

Ah well

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Gotta have more strength then that mate. If we move on they will just do it again and again.

We spent 5 years in the lets move on mindset and look where its got us. We just plunge to newer depths of ineptitude.

Time for something to give right now. Not sure what that is to be honest but gotta start somewhere

I can’t honestly fathom how we’ve got from a firm “no” (according to Rhino) to 3 for 12 + 14 to “yes” to the same with a soon-to-be delisted player thrown in. Something doesn’t stack up.

You’d hope with the amount of heads that have to tick this off for WCE, someone realised how absolutely ****ed this is and pull the gawd damn plug on this.

How the heck is this on them? You have a choice. No way you can’t put this on Pyke and Clarke.

I have word Clarke is looking to turn some of those picks into Ethan Hughes and Matty Tabener. He's such a shrewd operator...

One thing.

I wasn't too fussed in trading pick 2 for Hewett and Ginbey coz there was talk of Sheezel not wanting to leave Vic but FOS and Draper etc have said they're not fussed moving to WA and even sounded keen

That's the disappointing part for me.

Anyway... good luck lads , interesting times

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s turning 1 high pick into a much lower pick, not 2 picks. And Owies has no value, Carlton were giving him away. Mature players can be obtained much cheaper.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back