List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I guess we can all pat our backs with finishing in 9th spot for the foreseeable future
I think everyone would be very pleased with finishing 9th.

Be nice to win 10+

I still think, even with all this, we're bottom 4

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Im positive the melters are already puddles.

Only time will tell who is right.

If 12 is the best pick we get from splitting 3 Im dissappointed.

Absolutely no need to fold and split 3 for anything to do with Baker. Two 2nds gets that done at the most.

Hope Pyke and Clarke have a rabbit to pull out the hat with some other pick trading to get us back into the top 10. Its our last hope sanity will prevail.
Far out mate. I thought youd be taking it harder then anyone but you still have this blind faith we will do good. I respect that to be honest

You will be wrong but hey atleast you have hope

Can someone fill me in on what the proposed trade is? Scrolled through several pages and refuse to believe the proposed trade is genuine.

All I can find is that we're trading 3 for 12 + out of contract Baker + to be delisted Owies and somehow Carlton end up with pick 3?

Need elite young talent and midfielders.

let’s prioritise small unwanted flankers instead.

I’m genuinely ropeable, as much as there’s a few young players I’d love to watch the development of, I think I’m switching off next year. This club doesn’t want to progress I don’t know what they want. This is beyond stupidity.

Looking forward to Phil’s rundown.

**** me.

The hilarious thing is Owies put a massive price on his head too. Something within the range of 700k to 800k per season.

No one wanted to pay him that much - except us.

Getting real Gold Coast vibes from us now.

That was fake news.

Did yiu know only 2% of facts on social media are correct?

You are in the 98% club with that post.

Can someone fill me in on what the proposed trade is? Scrolled through several pages and refuse to believe the proposed trade is genuine.

All I can find is that we're trading 3 for 12 + out of contract Baker + to be delisted Owies and somehow Carlton end up with pick 3?
3 for 12+14+Owies

14 then traded for Baker

That is it . Maybe get 51 from Richmond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It looks to be

Pick 3 for 12,14 and Owies
Pick 14 for Baker + 51

Which leaves us with

Lose : Pick 3
Gain : 12 + 51 + Owies + Baker

I come in peace, this deadset looks like a West Coast “return to office policy” piss off members who will microwave memberships & go “Oh well” & replace them with new ones when it all washes out.
How u haven’t manufactured a zero sum Barrass for Baker as a worst case & kept pick 3 is mind blowing.

The hilarious thing is Owies put a massive price on his head too. Something within the range of 700k to 800k per season.

No one wanted to pay him that much - except us.

Getting real Gold Coast vibes from us now.

That was already denied by his team, not true.

Blair Hartley negotiating with Matthew Clarke
fight mma GIF by Bellator

I thought about this long and hard last night and the only conclusion is this reeks of desperation to improve quickly.

Clearly the club has been rattled by the inept performance of our list management team to attract a recruit candidates willing to come to our club. So much so that when a few middling B or C grade players show interest we need to secure them no matter the cost.

Why? Because we must improve immediately. If we don't then our "team" will continue to fail attracting talent to the club and heaven ****ing forbid we try a secure top end talent via the draft and rebuild the old fashioned way.

We've had 10 wins over a three year period and access to Picks 1,2 & 3 and yet only took one of them? Madness.

As much as we are melting at Clarke don't forget to aim your sights at Don Pyke because he has ticked off on this shit as well.

If this goes through then perhaps it would have been better for us all if Don was a number 2 in command and not a number 1 because we all saw how that concluded in Adelaide. A trainewreck.

Very concerned about the direction of the club this morning.

As a min we will get another 2nd and maybe a 3rd.

So 12, 14 and 51 for 3

14 gets Baker and 24.

We retain 12, 24, 51. Plus Baker. Which in itself is a clubs entire draft hand some years.Plus Baker.

Owies is a steak knives addition worth a pick in the 60's.

51 will drop to 40 on draft night after bids.

Still retain 26.

Still seeing what Barrass brings in.

So before the Barrass trade we may hold something like 12, 24, 26, 51 and 68.

Something like that is what I'm expecting.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back