List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:

Frustrated The Sopranos GIF

I don’t like the trade at all but can we stop with the nonsense that we could’ve walked Baker to the PSD. That was never an option

He’d have signed with Fremantle rather than put himself in the PSD and even if he did Richmond would have simply taken him with pick 1

That said, our want to get Baker in has totally poisoned our entire trade strategy when the best course of action was to walk away as soon as Richmond demanded we hand over pick 14 which we didn’t even have at the time

Hope the club are watching the avalanche of disgust and realise that this starts McQualter and Baker off on the absolute wrong foot with fans. Unless we are really missing something it is just pathetic, and there is definitely no need to do it today. We should at least be getting a second rounder back or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love to find out if someone at the club actually put this question to the list management team some time in the last week...

"Who cares what Baker thinks/wants?"

Oh you want to join WCE? Ok cool, you're FA in another season so odd timing but ok, see what we can do, we are rebuilding after all so that takes priority.

Oh... You're demanding that your club is adequately compensated, and you've set a range on that... Ok that's odd. Well like we said, our priority is the draft and you are out of contract after all.

Just like the Brockman trade we unnecessarily overpaid for, we held all the cards. Had the PSD and also a clear pick 26 to use which would've been suitable.

Instead the knock on effect if it's actually caused us to split our top selection..... Unfathomable.

Feels like they've done this just so they can (attempt to) hold the Hawks over a barrel for Barrass

Could possibly have an agreement with Richmond to get back into the top 10 of this year with some of our futures after that's done

I know, I'm reaching

So we’re trading out of this draft for some uncontracted short people and then the plan is to trade out of next years draft for Warner which will likely also eat into the 2026 draft too.

That is not how you rebuild - we needed top level talent this year.
Not only that, but we only have 2 decent picks this year. 😂
Clarke probably buying into the whole we need players in the 25-30 age range too much.
So we will likely be bringing in 3 young players (incl Champion) and 3 27 year olds this off season.
Delusions of being able to accelerate the rebuild.

Hasn't gone through yet. Wonder what the delay is.
We’re probably trying to give them more picks to make sure they are all ok over there

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back